Singapore Expats

12-month contract for Internet & Cable TV

Discuss about computers & Internet. Including mobile phones, home appliances & other gadgets. Read about Windows security risks or virus updates.
Sentosa2006

12-month contract for Internet & Cable TV

Post by Sentosa2006 » Sat, 11 Feb 2017 2:32 am

Hi,

I'm not sure if this has already been answered elsewhere on the forums...

I need a one-year contract with a provider in Singapore that covers both internet and cable tv (I will do separate contracts if necessary).

My reqs are for 100mb+ on the internet and, for cable tv, I only need access to channels showing football (English Premier League & Champions League) and tennis (Grand Slam events). I'm covered for everything else.

It appears that most options are for 24 months - does anyone know any provider that can meet my reqs for a 12-month only period?

Thanks in advance for any help!

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: 12-month contract for Internet & Cable TV

Post by ecureilx » Sat, 11 Feb 2017 2:41 am

Sentosa2006 wrote:Hi,

I'm not sure if this has already been answered elsewhere on the forums...

I need a one-year contract with a provider in Singapore that covers both internet and cable tv (I will do separate contracts if necessary).

My reqs are for 100mb+ on the internet and, for cable tv, I only need access to channels showing football (English Premier League & Champions League) and tennis (Grand Slam events). I'm covered for everything else.

It appears that most options are for 24 months - does anyone know any provider that can meet my reqs for a 12-month only period?

Thanks in advance for any help!
For internet, look up Whizcomm, Viewqwest and MyRepublic.

The Ref
Chatter
Chatter

Re: 12-month contract for Internet & Cable TV

Post by The Ref » Mon, 13 Feb 2017 10:36 pm

StarHub have a 12 month plan, but it works out not that much cheaper than the 24 month plan.

Look for expats leaving who you may be able to but out their contract and you may get a good deal.

I dont have TV here, I have a Netflix account and RugbyPass which combined give me everything I wish to watch.