Singapore Expats

MBBS Doctor jobs in Singapore

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
okonu
Regular
Regular

Re: MBBS Doctor jobs in Singapore

Post by okonu » Sun, 25 Dec 2016 1:49 pm

Got it. Another route I guess is to requalify as a nurse - always demand, and again having an MBBS should make the switch pretty easy

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: MBBS Doctor jobs in Singapore

Post by ecureilx » Sun, 25 Dec 2016 3:31 pm

okonu wrote:Got it. Another route I guess is to requalify as a nurse - always demand, and again having an MBBS should make the switch pretty easy
Errr. Again, from what I know.... having an MBBS won't give you a leg up to re-qualify as a nurse :)

and there's another set of hierarchy to navigate. And hoops to jump through.

Years ago there was some news about doctors re training as nurse to move overseas, from an Asian country, to join their spouse or family. I don't know how true that was ....

Vaishnavi

Post by Vaishnavi » Tue, 27 Dec 2016 2:15 pm

Sir can any one tell wat s staff registrar scheme diploma? Any use for international medical graduate whoes degree is not regesterd by SMC.PLS TELL SIR .THANKS IN ADV

Vaishnavi

Post by Vaishnavi » Tue, 27 Dec 2016 7:40 pm

Sir wat is staff regestrar scheme diploma?how is it help ful for international medical graduates whoes university is not recognised by SMC.? can u pls tell regarding dis in detail? Thanks in advnce

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 27 Dec 2016 11:42 pm

Emergency123 wrote:
http://www.giyf.com :D

taxico
Director
Director

Post by taxico » Mon, 02 Jan 2017 2:54 am

ecureilx wrote:For Temporary Registration, you need to go through the proper process - seek employment -> Find Employment (as CA) -> Employer will go and apply for T Reg with SMC -> work on T Reg...

I said, if you had been taking up Geriatrics, the process would be faster, but still, as a foreigner, you will NEVER get anything beyond Temporary Registration -> T Reg under close supervision...
it's possible to attain C reg... and i suppose if he/she pays her dues and plays the game, getting full registration is more of a reality now than it was 5 years ago...

in recent years, there are more and more FMGs that have easily obtained C reg... and also full reg. sometimes (from my observation) in a much shorter duration than i had expected.

i suppose it's MOH's way of easing up on things. hopefully for the better.
Aut viam ad caelum inveniam aut faciam

taxico
Director
Director

Post by taxico » Mon, 02 Jan 2017 3:17 am

@ ecure - i didn't realize emergency had given a (better) answer (than i could ever give). ignore my last reply (i'm reading the thread from old to new).

@ vaishnavi - qualifications count for a lot in singapore. IMO, if you have obtained membership and fellowship from the royal colleges AND you play the game... you'll likely get full registration after about 3-5 years in C reg.
ecureilx wrote:On top of what Emergency123 said, it's not a walk in the park to get into NUS/NTU medical. Correct me if I am wrong, there's limited seats, so much so, Mindef Sends people oversee for medical studies.
unless the system has changed, mindef only sends people to NTU and NUS med schools (on the most commonly granted scholarship for medical students - MINDEF Local Study Award M/D) . these students get to defer NS after a few months.

MINDEF scholarships for overseas study are not valid for professional qualifications.

male conscripts going to overseas med schools have to pay their own way (>$100k of course), and can only defer NS after about a year.
ecureilx wrote:
Emergency123 wrote: alright,this does not A Conditional registration can however work for ' ever ' in Singapore if nothing untoward happens wrt their medical practice.
And most likely in the same hospital :) from I have seen ! There are folks 10 years later, in the same hospital cluster.
they didn't play the game, are not well trained, or don't like taking cr@p from rubbish seniors/colleagues.

Vaishnavi

Post by Vaishnavi » Fri, 10 Feb 2017 10:42 am

Sir im from nyr university which is not recgnsd by smc .im did my mbbs now im doing my post graduation.i want to work in singapore can u pls help me pls
Thanks in advance

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Fri, 10 Feb 2017 3:31 pm

Vaishnavi wrote:Sir im from nyr university which is not recgnsd by smc .im did my mbbs now im doing my post graduation.i want to work in singapore can u pls help me pls
Thanks in advance
Did you take time to read up the valuable information contributed by Emergency and Taxico ?

Nyein Hsu

Post by Nyein Hsu » Tue, 21 Feb 2017 9:09 pm

Hi everyone
I'm a newly graduate from Myanmar,holding MBBS degree,now working as junior medical officer in a private hospital. I'm not sure my medical is degree is recognized by SMC!
I'm wondering how can I apply a job as a doctor in Singapore & what qualifications are required for that.
I would be a great help for my career. Plz help me with your thoughts :-)
Would it be helpful if I got MRCP certificate?
Last edited by Nyein Hsu on Tue, 21 Feb 2017 10:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 21 Feb 2017 9:45 pm

Nyein Hsu wrote:Hi everyone
I'm a newly graduate from Myanmar,holding MBBS degree,now working as junior medical officer in a private hospital. I'm not sure my medical is degree is recognized by SMC!
I'm wondering how can I apply a job as a doctor in Singapore & what qualifications are required for that.
I don't want to be the one to break your bubble of hope, but sadly, there are no medical degrees from Myanmar recognized by the SMC

http://www.healthprofessionals.gov.sg/c ... ations.pdf PDF file to download.

http://www.healthprofessionals.gov.sg/c ... ation.html
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Nyein Hsu

Post by Nyein Hsu » Tue, 21 Feb 2017 10:02 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
I don't want to be the one to break your bubble of hope, but sadly, there are no medical degrees from Myanmar recognized by the SMC

Would it be helpful if I get MRCP certificate??

taxico
Director
Director

Post by taxico » Tue, 21 Feb 2017 11:20 pm

Nyein Hsu wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:

Would it be helpful if I get MRCP certificate??
T or C reg possible with experience. don't be lazy. check out this thread or google for more info.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 21 Feb 2017 11:49 pm

Would it be helpful if I got MRCP certificate?
Why not clock a few years experience before giving Singapore a shot ?

fanyadivas

Post by fanyadivas » Sat, 25 Mar 2017 3:22 am

cool, i wish i found these forum when i first moved here. somuch info given here.

anyway i'm also a foreign doctor from nonrecognized uni. I've gone thru all the steps described by our dear fellows taxico and ecureilx. however now I'm in the waiting period for SMC's approval of my T-Reg. It's been 6 month already since July. all the requirements are completed. nothing that i cannot provide.
my BIG question is HOW LONG i should wait ?
what else can be done ?

fyi the communication to SMC is done by the HR of the hospital that hired me. SMC never responded directly to my inquiries.
every month when i follow up to my HR, the response is always the same saying that my application is still under review of SMC/MOH and i will be updated again once there is an outcome/further update.
its been 6 months and counting.. is that NORMAL?

has anyone out there ever experienced it ? or at least know somebody in my situation ?