Singapore Expats

renewing EP during PR application

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
joannajane
Regular
Regular

renewing EP during PR application

Post by joannajane » Wed, 01 Feb 2017 8:07 pm

hi there, is there any way an EP renewal can affect a PR application (appeal) positively or negatively? we could apply to renew my EP now or wait another 3-4 months. my PR appeal has been pending since october 2016, just wondering if it has an impact at all.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 2

Re: renewing EP during PR application

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 01 Feb 2017 8:18 pm

joannajane wrote:hi there, is there any way an EP renewal can affect a PR application (appeal) positively or negatively? we could apply to renew my EP now or wait another 3-4 months. my PR appeal has been pending since october 2016, just wondering if it has an impact at all.

Renewing EP will not create any positive impact on PR Application appeal.

joannajane
Regular
Regular

Post by joannajane » Wed, 01 Feb 2017 8:36 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
joannajane wrote:hi there, is there any way an EP renewal can affect a PR application (appeal) positively or negatively? we could apply to renew my EP now or wait another 3-4 months. my PR appeal has been pending since october 2016, just wondering if it has an impact at all.
thanks, i'm aware of that. i was wondering if it had any impact at all - positively or negatively. i've read a few posts on here of PR rejections supiciously after an EP renewal was filed.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 01 Feb 2017 9:28 pm

You must have a reading comprehension problem then. Try one last time, It doesn't have any impact either positively or negatively on the application.

If it had any impact at all it would be positive as the renewal of the EP indicates you are still of some value to employers here and therefore, giving you PR is not likely them getting a ward of the state. I'd more more worried about losing your EP and then praying ICA will still see your application positively.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

dynoto
Regular
Regular

Post by dynoto » Wed, 01 Feb 2017 9:31 pm

joannajane wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:
thanks, i'm aware of that. i was wondering if it had any impact at all - positively or negatively. i've read a few posts on here of PR rejections supiciously after an EP renewal was filed.
my EP got renewed mid 2016, then PR approved end of 2016 ...
so ... no, there's no impact at all.

joannajane
Regular
Regular

Post by joannajane » Wed, 01 Feb 2017 10:25 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:You must have a reading comprehension problem then. Try one last time, It doesn't have any impact either positively or negatively on the application.

If it had any impact at all it would be positive as the renewal of the EP indicates you are still of some value to employers here and therefore, giving you PR is not likely them getting a ward of the state. I'd more more worried about losing your EP and then praying ICA will still see your application positively.
i was just asking for help... thank you for the clarification. i'll go ahead and ask HR to submit my renewal.

beard1
Regular
Regular

Post by beard1 » Thu, 02 Feb 2017 3:53 pm

dynoto wrote:
joannajane wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:
my EP got renewed mid 2016, then PR approved end of 2016 ...
so ... no, there's no impact at all.
Mine was renewed a few months before my 3rd PR application; recently got approved too but obviously hard to draw any sort of causality here.

joannajane
Regular
Regular

Post by joannajane » Sat, 04 Feb 2017 12:35 am

well it seems my question was entirely premature. found out my appeal was rejected today... so disappointed.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 04 Feb 2017 8:53 am

joannajane wrote:well it seems my question was entirely premature. found out my appeal was rejected today... so disappointed.
You changed jobs. Did you get a considerable advancement? Did you get a degree, did you forget to put anything "major" on your original application? Or was your new job just a lateral move for $50 or 5 minutes closer to home? Or did you just appeal with the same information as in the original application (a $50 increment is not major, a degree left off the original or something else materially important to the original application is the only thing that will ever change an appeal (for the vast majority of cases). Unless things have changed over the years, normally the appeal is looked at by the same officer who vetting the original application. (I know.) My first application was rejected and so was my appeal. Subsequently, 2 years later I submitted another fresh, new application (my whole occupation and other things changed as well). I was successful that time.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

joannajane
Regular
Regular

Post by joannajane » Sat, 04 Feb 2017 9:46 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
joannajane wrote:well it seems my question was entirely premature. found out my appeal was rejected today... so disappointed.
You changed jobs. Did you get a considerable advancement? Did you get a degree, did you forget to put anything "major" on your original application? Or was your new job just a lateral move for $50 or 5 minutes closer to home? Or did you just appeal with the same information as in the original application (a $50 increment is not major, a degree left off the original or something else materially important to the original application is the only thing that will ever change an appeal (for the vast majority of cases). Unless things have changed over the years, normally the appeal is looked at by the same officer who vetting the original application. (I know.) My first application was rejected and so was my appeal. Subsequently, 2 years later I submitted another fresh, new application (my whole occupation and other things changed as well). I was successful that time.
i didn't get a new job, but i did get a considerable pay rise in that time. my situation is a bit odd because i'm the daughter of a renounced singaporean citizen (even writing that makes me cringe). 95% of my immediate family are singaporean citizens. i had hoped that would count for something but i think i do need to look at new jobs/degrees to give it another shot further down the line.

Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Post by Barnsley » Mon, 06 Feb 2017 10:20 am

joannajane wrote:
i didn't get a new job, but i did get a considerable pay rise in that time. my situation is a bit odd because i'm the daughter of a renounced singaporean citizen (even writing that makes me cringe). 95% of my immediate family are singaporean citizens. i had hoped that would count for something but i think i do need to look at new jobs/degrees to give it another shot further down the line.
How long have you been here now?

Maybe you can get married to a nice local lad?

The Govt still like a family unit. :D
Life is short, paddle harder!!

joannajane
Regular
Regular

Post by joannajane » Mon, 06 Feb 2017 6:15 pm

Barnsley wrote:
joannajane wrote:
How long have you been here now?

Maybe you can get married to a nice local lad?

The Govt still like a family unit. :D
haha! it's been 6 years in august. is a new job really advisable? i like mine... and i have been there 4.5 years, with considerable pay rises yearly coupled with a few promotions. but any advice is appreciated, from all the research i've done i've never found a situation like mine.