Singapore Expats

How Can I Verify the Validity of an IPA Letter?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: How Can I Verify the Validity of an IPA Letter?

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 05 Nov 2016 9:34 am

Dabir wrote:How can i check IPA letter without fin no??
Go to the top of the thread and read the whole thread. If you still haven't figured it out, maybe you shouldn't be coming to Singapore at all. IPA's are NOT sent without a FIN number on them. If you get one, then your agent is going to screw you left, right and center. Read the thread and learn.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

singta

Post by singta » Wed, 01 Feb 2017 12:21 am

Dear Experts
I have attached one IPA letter. Please help me to verify this.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: How Can I Verify the Validity of an IPA Letter?

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 01 Feb 2017 10:54 am

singta wrote:Dear Experts
I have attached one IPA letter. Please help me to verify this.
Where ?

Amal0077

Post by Amal0077 » Wed, 14 Feb 2018 9:14 pm

Actually i got an offerletter from a singapore company via an agent. The after that i Got my FIN numebr then I Check throught the MOM site but it is unvalid.But My IPA letter is not issued
The agent said you have to pay some amount then after the stamping and clearance of Indian Embassy the they Upload your IPA in to MOM then You can Check. How can I trust them ? Is it true ?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 14 Feb 2018 11:31 pm

read my post two posts above your post. I suggest you would be better off just staying in India, truth be known. They will eat you alive here, just like your agents are trying to do in India.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Wed, 14 Feb 2018 11:52 pm

Amal0077 wrote:Actually i got an offerletter from a singapore company via an agent. The after that i Got my FIN numebr then I Check throught the MOM site but it is unvalid.But My IPA letter is not issued
The agent said you have to pay some amount then after the stamping and clearance of Indian Embassy the they Upload your IPA in to MOM then You can Check. How can I trust them ? Is it true ?
You are about to get screwed if you pay the money.

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Fri, 16 Feb 2018 9:15 pm

This is a common cheating tactic by agents to get money. If you don't get IPA with your name on it and FIN number on it, and they ask you to pay for it, then very likely you legally do not have anything and they're trying to cheat your money. A proper agent will already be ready to hand you a full IPA letter, no hiding name or FIN number etc because that means you have clearance to work in Singapore already.

tew.li-wei

Post by tew.li-wei » Fri, 06 May 2022 8:11 pm

Hi, i got my IPA letter. but there is no Fin Number shown in the letter. Asked my company HR and he able to provide me my FIN number(Checked in MOM website, The FIN number is Valid) but why my IPA letter didnt show the FIN number?

tew.li-wei

Post by tew.li-wei » Fri, 06 May 2022 8:25 pm

Hi, My IPA letter is Approved but the IPA letter that i received from my company HR didnt show FIN number. My HR able to provide me the fin number(and it's valid too). But when i ask for the IPA letter that include the Fin Number he then say dont have, Even he tried to redownload from mom website. Can anyone explain to me? As i need to rent a room in, the landlord agent told me that he need IPA letter with fin number.