Singapore Expats

Denied entry in SG but had Job offer upon return in Philippines. Need advice on plans to return + OEC and IPA

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
ppam02

Denied entry in SG but had Job offer upon return in Philippines. Need advice on plans to return + OEC and IPA

Post by ppam02 » Mon, 30 Jan 2017 1:03 am

Good day everyone,

I already spent 3 months (June-September 2016) in Singapore while finding a job. Having no luck, I returned to the Philippines in September.

December 2016, I was able to return to Singapore; after almost 28 days, still no good news from all my interviews.

January 3, 2017, had to exit in Thailand and spend 6 days there.

January 9, 2017, returned in Singapore but denied entry. The same day I returned to the Philippines.

3rd week of January I've had a Job offer among all the interviews I had attended. The offer is great and the benefits are good. They would even provide for my trip from PH to SG and 15 days accommodation.

----
QUESTIONS:
1. Once the IPA/Employment Contract is given/sent to me by my employer, can I just use those as documents to show in the immigration in Manila and in Singapore?

2. Or, should I go to POEA in Ortigas and go through all those rigorous steps getting an OEC (Overseas Employment Certificate) (this includes Medical Exam, PDOS seminar, + required documents such as Employment Contract authenticated by Philippine Consulate/Embassy in Singapore, + signed letter with addendum where employer will repatriate my remains if ever something happens to me in SG) + other bureaucratic fees); should I have this document along with my IPA/Work pass when I return to SG straight from Manila
** Should I inform my employer with this authentication of Employment Contract in the Philippine embassy in SG? (Before they send the Employment Contract, or after?)
Would there be any instance they'll just select another person to do the job to avoid all these hassle paperwork on their part?

3. Go to HK as tourist for like, 3 days then head to SG bringing only the IPA/Work pass and other important stuff such as Passport without having the OEC document

Kindly advise and thanks in advance for your replies!

ppam02

Re: Denied entry in SG but had Job offer upon return in Philippines. Need advice on plans to return + OEC and IPA

Post by ppam02 » Mon, 30 Jan 2017 1:30 am

Additional question:

4. Or should I try and fill up an Entry Visa (Form IMM 14A) and Letter of Introduction for Visa Application (Form V39A) so that I can enter Singapore holding only my IPA/Work Pass + Passport

or Apply for Long Term Visit Pass (LTVP), Form 14 or 14a?

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: Denied entry in SG but had Job offer upon return in Philippines. Need advice on plans to return + OEC and IP

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 30 Jan 2017 8:16 am

ppam02 wrote:Additional question:

4. Or should I try and fill up an Entry Visa (Form IMM 14A) and Letter of Introduction for Visa Application (Form V39A) so that I can enter Singapore holding only my IPA/Work Pass + Passport

Without POEA/POLO/OWWA, you will have a tough time leaving Philippines..

If you had denied entry, suggested recourse is Form IMM 14A.

And what gives you are eligible to apply for long term pass ?

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Denied entry in SG but had Job offer upon return in Philippines. Need advice on plans to return + OEC and IPA

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 30 Jan 2017 8:18 am

ppam02 wrote:Good day everyone,

I already spent 3 months (June-September 2016) in Singapore while finding a job. Having no luck, I returned to the Philippines in September.

December 2016, I was able to return to Singapore; after almost 28 days, still no good news from all my interviews.

January 9, 2017, returned in Singapore but denied entry. The same day I returned to the Philippines.

3rd week of January I've had a Job offer among all the interviews I had attended. The offer is great and the benefits are good. They would even provide for my trip from PH to SG and 15 days accommodation.

----
QUESTIONS:
1. Once the IPA/Employment Contract is given/sent to me by my employer, can I just use those as documents to show in the immigration in Manila and in Singapore?

2. Or, should I go to POEA in Ortigas and go through all those rigorous steps getting an OEC (Overseas Employment Certificate) (this includes Medical Exam, PDOS seminar, + required documents such as Employment Contract authenticated by Philippine Consulate/Embassy in Singapore, + signed letter with addendum where employer will repatriate my remains if ever something happens to me in SG) + other bureaucratic fees); should I have this document along with my IPA/Work pass when I return to SG straight from Manila
** Should I inform my employer with this authentication of Employment Contract in the Philippine embassy in SG? (Before they send the Employment Contract, or after?)
Would there be any instance they'll just select another person to do the job to avoid all these hassle paperwork on their part?

3. Go to HK as tourist for like, 3 days then head to SG bringing only the IPA/Work pass and other important stuff such as Passport without having the OEC document

You forget something. All the Philippine paper work is mandated by Philippines govt without which you can't leave Philippines. Or you will be held by immigration on your next return from Philippines! And all Filipinos working in Singapore have to go through all that, or face the wrath of your own govt. No way out mate.

As far as Singapore is concerned, they only need to see your IPA.

ppam02

Re: RE: Re: Denied entry in SG but had Job offer upon return in Philippines. Need advice on plans to return + OEC and IP

Post by ppam02 » Tue, 31 Jan 2017 9:50 pm

ecureilx wrote:
ppam02 wrote:Additional question:

Without POEA/POLO/OWWA, you will have a tough time leaving Philippines..

If you had denied entry, suggested recourse is Form IMM 14A.

And what gives you are eligible to apply for long term pass ?
I thought I was qualified to apply for a Long Term Visit Pass since I am seeking for employment in Singapore. But as I tried to understand the qualifications further, I am not qualified since I am NOT
  • Visitor Whose Spouse Is A Singapore Citizen (SC)
  • Visitor Whose Spouse Is A Singapore Permanent Resident (SPR)
  • Visitor (below 21 years old) Whose Parent Is A Singapore Citizen (SC) or Singapore Permanent Resident (SPR)
  • Visitor Whose Child (above the age of 21 years old) is a Singapore Citizen (SC) or Singapore Permanent Resident (SPR)
  • Visitors who are Students of Institute of Higher Learning Seeking Employment in Singapore
  • Female Visitor Whose Child/Grandchild Is Studying in Singapore On A Student's Pass
  • Visitor Seeking Permission To Deliver A Child In Singapore
---

For the form IMM 14A, is this the form to be filled up for the LTVP or is it a form for Entry Visa? Since I have been denied once, am I eligible to apply if it is for Entry Visa?

Or as I have posted before, I can just show my IPA to the Singapore Immigration so they can let me enter SG even being denied once before I had a Job offer?

Thank you!

ppam02

Re: RE: Denied entry in SG but had Job offer upon return in Philippines. Need advice on plans to return + OEC and IPA

Post by ppam02 » Tue, 31 Jan 2017 9:59 pm

ecureilx wrote:
ppam02 wrote:Good day everyone,

----
QUESTIONS:

You forget something. All the Philippine paper work is mandated by Philippines govt without which you can't leave Philippines. Or you will be held by immigration on your next return from Philippines! And all Filipinos working in Singapore have to go through all that, or face the wrath of your own govt. No way out mate.

As far as Singapore is concerned, they only need to see your IPA.
--

As you have stated above, Philippine paper work is mandated by PH government, thus, I do not have any choice but to work on the OEC (Overseas Employment Certificate).

But what if my company doesn't want to work on the hassle on the documentations required to get an OEC (Example is Employment Contract authenticated by the Philippine Embassy in SG and my employer to sign an addendum to the contract -
  • - Add the clause which requires my employer to provide the plane ticket back to the Philippines (even if I told them that I don’t need my employer to provide the return ticket because I am a permanent hire)
  • - Add the clause which requires my employer to repatriate my remains if anything happened to me while in SG
Can I skip getting an OEC and fly to HK for a few days then go straight to Singapore bringing only my passport and IPA? And work on the OEC when I return to the Philippines or get an OEC Online?

Thanks!

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: RE: Denied entry in SG but had Job offer upon return in Philippines. Need advice on plans to return + OEC an

Post by ecureilx » Sat, 11 Feb 2017 8:35 am

ppam02 wrote: As you have stated above, Philippine paper work is mandated by PH government, thus, I do not have any choice but to work on the OEC (Overseas Employment Certificate).
ppam02 wrote: But what if my company doesn't
ppam02 wrote: want to work on the hassle on the documentations required to get an OEC (Example is Employment Contract authenticated by the Philippine Embassy in SG and my employer to sign an addendum to the contract -
  • - Add the clause which requires my employer to provide the plane ticket back to the Philippines (even if I told them that I don’t need my employer to provide the return ticket because I am a permanent hire)
with a OEC, you don't need a return ticket to leave Philippines
ppam02 wrote:
  • - Add the clause which requires my employer to repatriate my remains if anything happened to me while in SG
I mentioned before - there was a blog post, where A Filipino working as a head honcho for a large financial institution, with an annual salary of over 1 million $ excluding another million plus $ of incentives, had to get his contract amended as it didn't specifically mention about repatriation of mortal remains, even though his medical insurance etc was more than 10 million $. Go figure that out :)

ppam02 wrote: Can I skip getting an OEC and fly to HK for a few days then go straight to Singapore bringing only my passport and IPA? And work on the OEC when I return to the Philippines or get an OEC Online?

Thanks!
you can fly into Singapore and then clear the OEC (Owwa/POEA/POLO etc) at the embassy in Singapore paying the fees required, after you start work in Singapore.

The objective of OEC, from what I have seen, is collecting their pound of flesh from you. And if you go to any employment agency, in Philippines, they will clear your paper work in a week or less, and if you do it yourself in Philippines, it will take much much longer. So pay up, one way or other - your Government wants your $ even before you have started work!

Of course, being 'legally' employed per Philippines law (with the required paperwork etc) means you can leave Philippines on a one way ticket, and claim back your terminal fee as an OFW.

PS, I know quite a few maid agencies who now only handle Philippines transfer maids - as bringing in New maids incurs so much costs and drama, costs which not many employers want to bear - as those costs are not to comply with Singapore law - so why should the employer bear it - is the thinking of few employers.

And with all paperwork, sometimes people will get offloaded because of a missing rubber stamp.

BTW, You need to get your documents authenticated before being allowed to get an online OEC ! So no escaping that. You can do the paperwork in Philippines on your return but it still will end up costing the same cash and time, and question about what your employer will do with your dead body - will they hide it or ship it back ??

JuanDC

Re: Denied entry in SG but had Job offer upon return in Philippines. Need advice on plans to return + OEC and IPA

Post by JuanDC » Mon, 20 Mar 2017 11:47 pm

Hi ppam02! I am also from the Philippines facing the same issue as you. May I know how did you proceed with this? Thanks!

ppam02

Post by ppam02 » Tue, 21 Mar 2017 3:00 am

JuanDC wrote:Hi ppam02! I am also from the Philippines facing the same issue as you. May I know how did you proceed with this? Thanks!
Hi JuanDC!

My employer submitted an EPass application but MOM rejected it because of my refused entry. You can try to resolve this if you'll apply for a Visit Pass (Form14) with a local sponsor so that your 'refused entry issue' can be resolved both in ICA and MOM.

Once your visit pass is approved, and if your company is still keen on hiring you, you can tell your employer to re-appeal for your rejected EPass.

Hopefully, everything will be ok. :)

Update- I'm still waiting for the Visit Pass to be approved. Currently on 3rd week of waiting (visit pass process is typically 4-5weeks if i got it right)

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 21 Mar 2017 9:12 am

ppam02 wrote:
JuanDC wrote:Hi ppam02! I am also from the Philippines facing the same issue as you. May I know how did you proceed with this? Thanks!
Hi JuanDC!

My employer submitted an EPass application but MOM rejected it because of my refused entry. You can try to resolve this if you'll apply for a Visit Pass (Form14) with a local sponsor so that your 'refused entry issue' can be resolved both in ICA and MOM.

Once your visit pass is approved, and if your company is still keen on hiring you, you can tell your employer to re-appeal for your rejected EPass.

Hopefully, everything will be ok. :)

Update- I'm still waiting for the Visit Pass to be approved. Currently on 3rd week of waiting (visit pass process is typically 4-5weeks if i got it right)
so after the visit visa is approved, your EP will be approved?