Singapore Expats

Switching job(s) while PR still pending

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
dynoto
Regular
Regular

Switching job(s) while PR still pending

Post by dynoto » Mon, 16 Jan 2017 12:54 pm

Hi guys, just wanna ask a question ... no its not related to me but my GF.

Start with her basic info
Bachelors Degree working in design
PR Application : June 2016
NOA taxes : 1 (but paid none)

Her first job in Singapore was Sept 2015, local startup - 2.8k pay
second job Dec 2015, MNC Bank - 3.5k pay
now she want to move to another job because she said working environment in bank is really slow.

Since that her working experience is not even 1.5 years .. and let's say she really went ahead and move to her third job .. wondering if there would be any severe impact to PR application?

At this point she's pretty confident due to her race & nationality she will get it 100% regardless of her job skipping, but i beg to differ ... sounds to me like false confidence.

any opinions guys?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Switching job(s) while PR still pending

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 16 Jan 2017 2:42 pm

Don't forget, she has one advantage other's don't have. Young (maybe too young though), female and a incubation oven for future NS men. ;-)

She might be too early even with that, but there's no harm in trying. She's still a shoe-in at some point. But they still need to have some parameters.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

squishyfats

Post by squishyfats » Tue, 17 Jan 2017 2:48 pm

I switched jobs while my PR was still pending.

My profile and your GF is pretty similar. I'm a Malaysian, female Chinese, 24 and working in the design industry as well.

The only difference is I've been working in SG for 3 years. And I've been living in SG for a total of 6 years. 3 years went to studying here in SG.

Applied for PR in early April 2016. Quit in June 2016. Got a new job in August 2016 and updated ICA with new job. Approved in late Dec 2016.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dynoto
Regular
Regular

Post by dynoto » Tue, 17 Jan 2017 3:34 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Don't forget, she has one advantage other's don't have. Young (maybe too young though), female and a incubation oven for future NS men. ;-)

She might be too early even with that, but there's no harm in trying. She's still a shoe-in at some point. But they still need to have some parameters.
hi SMS, thanks for your insight.
sounds like young malaysian chinese females are highly sought after in SG :)

dynoto
Regular
Regular

Post by dynoto » Tue, 17 Jan 2017 3:35 pm

squishyfats wrote:I switched jobs while my PR was still pending.

My profile and your GF is pretty similar. I'm a Malaysian, female Chinese, 24 and working in the design industry as well.

The only difference is I've been working in SG for 3 years. And I've been living in SG for a total of 6 years. 3 years went to studying here in SG.

Applied for PR in early April 2016. Quit in June 2016. Got a new job in August 2016 and updated ICA with new job. Approved in late Dec 2016.

i suppose moving job once while the PR is pending is fine, her case is that she already moved on dec 2016 .. and now planning to move again o.o

squishyfats

Post by squishyfats » Tue, 17 Jan 2017 3:39 pm

dynoto wrote:

i suppose moving job once while the PR is pending is fine, her case is that she already moved on dec 2016 .. and now planning to move again o.o
So that means she will me moving on to her 4th job and not 3rd? Your initial post mentioned 2nd job in Dec 2015. I'm confused Image

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: Switching job(s) while PR still pending

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 17 Jan 2017 5:04 pm

dynoto wrote: i suppose moving job once while the PR is pending is fine, her case is that she already moved on dec 2016 .. and now planning to move again o.o
in the past change of employer meant application cancelled.

You must update ICA when you have change of employer

Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Post by Barnsley » Tue, 17 Jan 2017 5:12 pm

dynoto wrote: At this point she's pretty confident due to her race & nationality she will get it 100% regardless of her job skipping
Unspoken birthright ..... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Life is short, paddle harder!!

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 17 Jan 2017 6:00 pm

Should dovetail into Singapore nicely then.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

dynoto
Regular
Regular

Post by dynoto » Tue, 17 Jan 2017 11:08 pm

squishyfats wrote:
dynoto wrote:

So that means she will me moving on to her 4th job and not 3rd? Your initial post mentioned 2nd job in Dec 2015. I'm confused Image

currently she is on her 2nd job, moved after her PR application. (its Dec 2016)
and now she's thinking of moving again, so that makes it twice if it really happened

dynoto
Regular
Regular

Re: RE: Re: Switching job(s) while PR still pending

Post by dynoto » Tue, 17 Jan 2017 11:10 pm

ecureilx wrote:
dynoto wrote: i suppose moving job once while the PR is pending is fine, her case is that she already moved on dec 2016 .. and now planning to move again o.o
in the past change of employer meant application cancelled.

You must update ICA when you have change of employer
told her to update after she moved since last month, but forgotten about it ...
then i have to remind her again yesterday, she really took this matter lightly ](*,)

dynoto
Regular
Regular

Post by dynoto » Tue, 17 Jan 2017 11:13 pm

Barnsley wrote:
dynoto wrote: At this point she's pretty confident due to her race & nationality she will get it 100% regardless of her job skipping
Unspoken birthright ..... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:Should dovetail into Singapore nicely then.
maybe if the govt really intended to maintain the racial ratio, they could really introduce the two children policy :mrgreen:

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 18 Jan 2017 8:46 am

I've already mooted that about 10 years ago, right here on this forum. My answer to the whining Singaporean males who cry-cry about the women getting two years ahead of them in their careers while the 'boys' are doing their NS to eventually become men (one would hope).

Couldn't find the original but here's a repeat of it from a couple of years ago...
viewtopic.php?p=507008#p507008

dynoto
Regular
Regular

Post by dynoto » Thu, 26 Jan 2017 10:39 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:I've already mooted that about 10 years ago, right here on this forum. My answer to the whining Singaporean males who cry-cry about the women getting two years ahead of them in their careers while the 'boys' are doing their NS to eventually become men (one would hope).

Couldn't find the original but here's a repeat of it from a couple of years ago...
update, SMS you're right :mrgreen: .. Singapore really wants young malaysian chinese girls.

she got her PR approved yesterday :mrgreen:

:-k now ... the problem here is that she haven't even ask the HR to sign the Annex A form ...

Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Post by Barnsley » Thu, 26 Jan 2017 4:20 pm

dynoto wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:I've already mooted that about 10 years ago, right here on this forum. My answer to the whining Singaporean males who cry-cry about the women getting two years ahead of them in their careers while the 'boys' are doing their NS to eventually become men (one would hope).

update, SMS you're right :mrgreen: .. Singapore really wants young malaysian chinese girls.

she got her PR approved yesterday :mrgreen:

:-k now ... the problem here is that she haven't even ask the HR to sign the Annex A form ...
I think someone else have this issue , if you do search you might find.

Did she not tell her new employers of her PR application?
Life is short, paddle harder!!