Singapore Expats

Crazy boss in Singapore

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
reggie3030

Crazy boss in Singapore

Post by reggie3030 » Thu, 29 Dec 2016 11:56 pm

Hey guys so I'm actually an expat working in Singapore and I'm originally from England.

There's this crazy boss in my company who would spy on her employees' WhatsApp and personal emails - eventually I decided to leave this company. When I handed in my resignation letter, this crazy boss said that she has already prepared a termination letter and forced me to sign it . She said that if I don't sign it she would not cancel my EP for me. That's absolutely insane and I wonder why she would do that. And she's in the fine jewellery industry as well she always always bitches about her big ticket customer in front of us (they spent tens and thousands of dollars in her company .. and her net profit is high as freak those pieces aren't even worth it)

Just sharing my awful exp on here - I hope karma will get this bitch and all her shops will close down soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Re: Crazy boss in Singapore

Post by PNGMK » Fri, 30 Dec 2016 9:29 am

How did she 'spy' on your personal emails and whatsapp? That's not as easy as it sounds. The reason she had your termination letter ready was presumably to set the T&C in it.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Crazy boss in Singapore

Post by ecureilx » Fri, 30 Dec 2016 9:54 am

reggie3030 wrote:Hey guys so I'm actually an expat working in Singapore and I'm originally from England.

There's this crazy boss in my company who would spy on her employees' WhatsApp and personal emails - eventually I decided to leave this company. When I handed in my resignation letter, this crazy boss said that she has already prepared a termination letter and forced me to sign it . She said that if I don't sign it she would not cancel my EP for me. That's absolutely insane and I wonder why she would do that. And she's in the fine jewellery industry as well she always always bitches about her big ticket customer in front of us (they spent tens and thousands of dollars in her company .. and her net profit is high as freak those pieces aren't even worth it)

Just sharing my awful exp on here - I hope karma will get this bitch and all her shops will close down soon

Pardon me for saying this, on this wonderful Friday morning : you sound like a angry b*tch..

So what, if the jewellery aren't worth it - they pay your salary and your colleagues pay ... you want people to sell at cost so they can't employ A foreigner like you ? ;) a highly paid English guy, to boot !

Have a great weekend !

PS, I hope you weren't using company equipment for personal whatsapp ... unless authorised, that's abuse of company property :) and I guess you will be happy if she closes down and your fellow colleagues too will be jobless ;)

reggie3030

Post by reggie3030 » Fri, 30 Dec 2016 10:05 am

ecureilx wrote:
reggie3030 wrote:Hey guys so I'm actually an expat working in Singapore and I'm originally from England.

Pardon me for saying this, on this wonderful Friday morning : you sound like a angry b*tch..

So what, if the jewellery aren't worth it - they pay your salary and your colleagues pay ... you want people to sell at cost so they can't employ A foreigner like you ? ;) a highly paid English guy, to boot !

Have a great weekend !

PS, I hope you weren't using company equipment for personal whatsapp ... unless authorised, that's abuse of company property :) and I guess you will be happy if she closes down and your fellow colleagues too will be jobless ;)
Image "an angry bitch" and honestly I got another job already so I intended to leave. We have a whatsapp group for work purposes so it's authorised - but she's certainly not okay to read other personal messages. Image and I was hired from the uk she wanted me to help her out Image don't know who's angry now

reggie3030

Post by reggie3030 » Fri, 30 Dec 2016 10:07 am

PNGMK wrote:How did she 'spy' on your personal emails and whatsapp? That's not as easy as it sounds. The reason she had your termination letter ready was presumably to set the T&C in it.
She has authorised us to use WhatsApp and personal emails for work purposes - i.e. For communication and stuff :)

brights

Post by brights » Fri, 30 Dec 2016 10:33 am

I'm sorry to hear that. Fortunately, most bosses in Singapore aren't as crazy as you think. Hope you get a better job!

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Fri, 30 Dec 2016 12:14 pm

brights wrote:I'm sorry to hear that. Fortunately, most bosses in Singapore aren't as crazy as you think. Hope you get a better job!
How would you know, considering you are posting from Florida?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 30 Dec 2016 12:50 pm

Outted! LOL
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

x9200

Post by x9200 » Fri, 30 Dec 2016 2:23 pm

Ehem. Probably well over 50% of the EU/USA origin expats are right now in their countries of origin.

earthfriendly
Manager
Manager

Post by earthfriendly » Fri, 30 Dec 2016 2:37 pm

Wahaha, what a rambunctious bunch here :mrgreen: . Hope to meet up with all you lovely peeps. Next year :kiss:

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: Crazy boss in Singapore

Post by ecureilx » Fri, 30 Dec 2016 3:07 pm

reggie3030 wrote:
PNGMK wrote:How did she 'spy' on your personal emails and whatsapp? That's not as easy as it sounds. The reason she had your termination letter ready was presumably to set the T&C in it.
She has authorised us to use WhatsApp and personal emails for work purposes - i.e. For communication and stuff :)

So how did she spy on your personal email ? NSA ? Echelon ?

And tell me again, you got a decent salary, decent enough for you to get a pass, how would that happen if your Boss ran the business at a loss ? Ah, never mind :)

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 30 Dec 2016 3:35 pm

How can spying on Whatsapp happen? Curious

brights

Post by brights » Fri, 30 Dec 2016 9:58 pm

Yeah that sounds a little fishy.

brights

Post by brights » Fri, 30 Dec 2016 9:59 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:
brights wrote:I'm sorry to hear that. Fortunately, most bosses in Singapore aren't as crazy as you think. Hope you get a better job!
How would you know, considering you are posting from Florida?
I have worked in Singapore for many years and I'm wishing to be transferred there again.

bgd
Manager
Manager

Post by bgd » Tue, 03 Jan 2017 12:41 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:How can spying on Whatsapp happen? Curious
You would need access to one of the phones involved in the conversation. Or the resources of the NSA.