Singapore Expats

MBBS Doctor jobs in Singapore

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: MBBS Doctor jobs in Singapore

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 13 Sep 2016 7:47 pm

Shwesgm wrote:That is really sad
It isn't, when you find out how open India is when it comes to things medical. Very few countries are open anyway.

Vaishnavi

Re: MBBS Doctor jobs in Singapore

Post by Vaishnavi » Thu, 22 Dec 2016 9:08 pm

Helo i have completed my mbbs and now doing my post graduation in preventive medicine in india .but my university is not recognised by smc.so kindly pls help me wat to do.i heard dat there will be QE.if so, wat to prepare.kindly give the details.and one more thing is will my post graduation will be taken in to acount as an experience for the exam i mean an additional qualification for mbbs jobs in sigapore

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 22 Dec 2016 9:35 pm

Vaishnavi wrote:Helo i have completed my mbbs and now doing my post graduation in preventive medicine in india .but my university is not recognised by smc.so kindly pls help me wat to do.i heard dat there will be QE.if so, wat to prepare.kindly give the details.and one more thing is will my post graduation will be taken in to acount as an experience for the exam i mean an additional qualification for mbbs jobs in sigapore
Which uni did you graduate from ?

No. There's no QE, unless it's a hidden secret.

No, your post graduate experience won't be counted much.

That's, unless things changed of late.

Welcome to Singapore.

Do some research on Clinical Associate positions! And the work involved.

Honestly,. Unless you have your stars aligned, it will be impossible to seek full licence in Singapore.

Vaishnavi

Post by Vaishnavi » Fri, 23 Dec 2016 1:53 pm

Ok sir thk u fr ur rply .can u pls tell me how to apply for clinical associate?
I belong to dr ntr university of health sciences.
Sir are u sure there is no xam fr non regestered graduates?

Vaishnavi

Post by Vaishnavi » Fri, 23 Dec 2016 1:56 pm

Ok sir thk u fr ur rply .can u pls tell me how to apply for clinical associate?

Vaishnavi

Post by Vaishnavi » Fri, 23 Dec 2016 2:00 pm

Sir will u also tell how to apply for health institutions at singapore for observer ship? I think observer shp is mandatory know? And after that should i apply for any qualifying exam as i belong to drntruhs university which is not recognised by SMC

Vaishnavi

Post by Vaishnavi » Fri, 23 Dec 2016 2:04 pm

I heard that QE is for singapore citizens who have studied overseas and institution which is not recognised by SMC .then wat about foreign graduates who have MBBS degree and recognised by SMC ....how can dey get a job at singapore
Kindly help me
Thnks in advance

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Fri, 23 Dec 2016 2:54 pm

Vaishnavi wrote:Sir will u also tell how to apply for health institutions at singapore for observer ship? I think observer shp is mandatory know? And after that should i apply for any qualifying exam as i belong to drntruhs university which is not recognised by SMC
If you are employed as a CA, with a temporary registration, you will be under close supervision. Not sure about "observership"

As mentioned, as of now, there are no exams for foreign grads .. holding foreign passport.
Vaishnavi wrote:Ok sir thk u fr ur rply .can u pls tell me how to apply for clinical associate?
Search around, keep looking in the recruitment portals, look up MOHH Holdings.
Vaishnavi wrote:I heard that QE is for singapore citizens who have studied overseas and institution which is not recognised by SMC .then wat about foreign graduates who have MBBS degree and recognised by SMC ....how can dey get a job at singapore
Kindly help me
Thnks in advance
Singapore Citizen doctors, are treated differently. They are even given cash grants to come back to Singapore.

Foreign graduates are not treated as same. No choice. No, even 10 years later, only the rarest one of rarest get upgraded.

As repeatedly mentioned, get a job as CA, and the hospital will get you 1 year or 2 year Temporary Registration. And under close supervision.

Alternate, as SMC member Taxico wrote, opt for non-Clinical positions.

PS, if you are in Geriatric, your chances would have gone up a lot !!!

Vaishnavi

Post by Vaishnavi » Fri, 23 Dec 2016 7:57 pm

Thnk u sir.dat means instead of QE can v apply for tem reg and work for 6mnths in geriatrics and can write an xam there and can qualify easily? Than writing QE

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Fri, 23 Dec 2016 8:18 pm

Vaishnavi wrote:Thnk u sir.dat means instead of QE can v apply for tem reg and work for 6mnths in geriatrics and can write an xam there and can qualify easily? Than writing QE
oh ho.

Sorry miss.

Only Singaporeans are welcome to do the QE, so they can fast track to Full Registration.

As a foreigner, perish that thought. And please re-read what I wrote.

For Temporary Registration, you need to go through the proper process - seek employment -> Find Employment (as CA) -> Employer will go and apply for T Reg with SMC -> work on T Reg.

I said, if you had been taking up Geriatrics, the process would be faster, but still, as a foreigner, you will NEVER get anything beyond Temporary Registration -> T Reg under close supervision.

And back to your 'observer' status, there is no such thing in Singapore, from what I know. You can apply for un-paid fellowship, but that means you will still not be let to stay after your fellowship period.

You are holding Indian Passport I guess. Any reason for looking at Singapore ?

Vaishnavi

Post by Vaishnavi » Fri, 23 Dec 2016 9:25 pm

Myhusbanf is dar sir

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Fri, 23 Dec 2016 10:01 pm

Emergency123 wrote: Its not true that CAs can't progress beyond a Temp reg.A temp reg means that you can stay in Singapore only < 4 years.Various departments in the public hospitals have staff registrar diplomas which get you a conditional registration - A & E for one.

And I have a full registration but she won't qualify for that at least for now.
thanks for clarifying :) where did you graduate from ? In case I missed it :)

As I said, it's an uphill task to be recognised, not just in Singapore but in most countries, when it comes to foreign degree holders.

Though some disciplines have seen virtual no, got getting anything long term.

back to OP, since you are joining your husband, you gotta keep trying.

okonu
Regular
Regular

Post by okonu » Sun, 25 Dec 2016 9:46 am

Why not just apply to study medicine at NUS/ another SG university? Given that you already have a medical degree (but not recognized) the course work shouldn't be too tough for you. Then in a few years time you have a proper medical degree (in the eyes of SG authorities)

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Sun, 25 Dec 2016 12:08 pm

okonu wrote:Why not just apply to study medicine at NUS/ another SG university? Given that you already have a medical degree (but not recognized) the course work shouldn't be too tough for you. Then in a few years time you have a proper medical degree (in the eyes of SG authorities)
On top of what Emergency123 said, it's not a walk in the park to get into NUS/NTU medical. Correct me if I am wrong, there's limited seats, so much so, Mindef Sends people oversee for medical studies.

By the same token, if a candidate can "qualify" to get into SG unis now, the person would have graduated from one of the Top unis back home (not belittling but extremely competition is stiff to get into the likes of AIIMS - comes with recognition ... )
Emergency123 wrote: alright,this does not A Conditional registration can however work for ' ever ' in Singapore if nothing untoward happens wrt their medical practice.
And most likely in the same hospital :) from I have seen ! There are folks 10 years later, in the same hospital cluster.
Last edited by ecureilx on Sun, 25 Dec 2016 12:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Sun, 25 Dec 2016 12:10 pm