Singapore Expats

Relocating our Domestic Helper with us from Hong Kong (to Singapore)

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: Relocating our Domestic Helper with us from Hong Kong (to Singapore)

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 13 Dec 2016 10:34 pm

AngryAngMo wrote:Alright, getting closer to the actual move, and I just realized that I can only attend the EOP Training Course, once I have my SingPass (which I only get once i have arrived in Singapore). Hence my question,

- How to handle this with my FDW, would I ask her to stay behind in HK and then come over later!?
- Does my wife have to do the EOP too, or is this only for the person signing her Employment Contract
- Are there any standard / most common health insurance plans for FDW?

Cheers!!
an agent will take care of the logistics :)

she can come here and once you clear the minor hurdles, she'll need to leave Singapore and return, a U turn in JB does the trick.

only one person has to do the EOP.

there's a compulsory insurance but the cover is limited.

AngryAngMo
Regular
Regular

Re: Relocating our Domestic Helper with us from Hong Kong (to Singapore)

Post by AngryAngMo » Fri, 16 Dec 2016 10:23 am

@ecureilx this has been a ton of help, and we are getting there, here is the status and my last questions:

She has her POEA in place, she has a valid passport,shes under 50, so we are all set. What would be the order of actions now?

1. I go to Singapore 1/1/2017, get my Singpass settled (EP is approved long ago) and complete the Employers Exam

2. Setup the standard contract (as per your PM) and get her and me to sign, question, you said, "..and getting it endorsed at the embassy. Plus get the minor paper work settled. That's the Philippine embassy." - Would that be the embassy in HK or Singapore, and what's the "minor paper work"?

3. "The above can be done after you get her work permit at MOM. Do check up MOM for the FDW permit." - When would I be able to get that? After completing the Employers Exam? And once i get the work permit, can she travel to Singapore then?

Basically I am trying to figure out, what I can do NOW while still being in HK, and what i need to do once I arrive in Singapore, to get things settled asap, for her being able to legally travel to Singapore.

Cheers and thanks!
Flo

AngryAngMo
Regular
Regular

Post by AngryAngMo » Mon, 19 Dec 2016 11:32 am

I did a bit of digging and the following is my timeline of to-do's i came up with, pls have a look and let me know if it looks right :)

Need Now:
  1. Copy of FDW Passport
  2. Copy of FDW Highschool Diploma
  3. Signed employment contract by both sides
Before Arrival of FDW (FDW must not be in Singapore during the application for the Work Permit. She should only arrive after you receive the in-principle approval and buy a $5,000 security bond.) After Arrival of FDW (http://www.mom.gov.sg/passes-and-permit ... ork-permit) : Get Work Permit (within 2 weeks after arrival) My only confusion is the OEC part, who will produce the documents for Agency side? (as i do it myself)

Cjheers
Flo

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: Relocating our Domestic Helper with us from Hong Kong (to Singapore)

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 19 Dec 2016 10:42 pm

AngryAngMo wrote:I did a bit of digging and the following is my timeline of to-do's i came up with, pls have a look and let me know if it looks right :)

Need Now:
  1. Copy of FDW Passport
  2. Copy of FDW Highschool Diploma
  3. Signed employment contract by both sides
Before Arrival of FDW (FDW must not be in Singapore during the application for the Work Permit. She should only arrive after you receive the in-principle approval and buy a $5,000 security bond.)
From what I know, ctually she can arrive on SVP, once she has the IPA, head to Johore to return back on the pass. There's no need to let her arrive separately. This is common practice - and agencies have regular cars with drivers to do the U turn in Malaysia, same day return.
My only confusion is the OEC part, who will produce the documents for Agency side? (as i do it myself)

Cjheers
Flo
re OEC (Or what I call blood money Image )

Overseas Employment Certificate (OEC)

The Overseas Employment Certificate (OEC) is a requirement under the rules and regulations of the Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA) to help ensure that overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) are properly documented and protected.

The OEC, sometimes also called the “exit pass,” is required to be presented to international ports of exit in the Philippines as proof that the holder is a bona fide OFW. It is thus necessary when a Household Service Worker (HSW), or any OFW, goes back to the Philippines for home leave, if he/she intends to return back to the country of employment.

OEC is not needed until she travels back to Philippines as this is a Philippine requirement.

Fret not about that now.

PS. Now you know how much money the embassy makes out of Maids ? ;) all supposedly to protect the maid ...

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 19 Dec 2016 10:50 pm

AngryAngMo wrote: Basically I am trying to figure out, what I can do NOW while still being in HK, and what i need to do once I arrive in Singapore, to get things settled asap, for her being able to legally travel to Singapore.
she can legally travel to Singapore on social visa, nothing will stop that. Especially if she's flying in from HK with you, she don't have to run the Philippines immigration Gauntlet ...

mowawa_goz

Post by mowawa_goz » Wed, 30 Oct 2019 3:53 pm

hello,

i am experience the same as @AngAngMo now.. my domestic helper in Hong Kong who is a filipinno would like to follow our family to SG. may i know if your case was successful?

with the steps mentioned in the previous posts, the helper can fly directly from hong kong to SG without going back to Philippines right?

thanks!