Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Amsung12

Re: SIA cabin crew

Post by Amsung12 » Sun, 13 Nov 2016 11:21 pm

Hi,

I went to the interview at STC today and managed to make it through all the rounds except for the kebaya round.

I was just wondering what went wrong. The lady doing checks for me pointed out that I have some scars near the wrist area due to bicycle accident when I was young (not really that obvious unless you take a close look) and also I still have some old acne scars and she told me that these scars must fade before I start training. So when she said that I thought I stand a pretty high chance that she will pass me.

After that she asked me to do the walk and I am not sure if there was something that went wrong during the walk as she got me to walk a few times and keep adjusting the kebaya. After that she got the lady from the management round to review how I walk again.

And sadly I was informed that I was unsuccessful after changing out of the kebaya.

I was just wondering could it be the walk that went wrong. Do they actually boot people out just because of the walking or could it be my scars that affected the results of my interview.

Does anybody knows if I will be able to try for the walk in interview on the 26th Nov or do I have to wait for 6 months before trying again as they did not mention anything to me.

TIA!

aasy

Post by aasy » Mon, 14 Nov 2016 12:06 am

hi guys, i have just shared my experience at SIA as well as the interview process on my blog, you may read it here - http://alisaang.weebly.com :)

cl0udz

Post by cl0udz » Mon, 14 Nov 2016 5:13 am

Amsung12 wrote:Hi,

I went to the interview at STC today and managed to make it through all the rounds except for the kebaya round.

I was just wondering what went wrong. The lady doing checks for me pointed out that I have some scars near the wrist area due to bicycle accident when I was young (not really that obvious unless you take a close look) and also I still have some old acne scars and she told me that these scars must fade before I start training. So when she said that I thought I stand a pretty high chance that she will pass me.

After that she asked me to do the walk and I am not sure if there was something that went wrong during the walk as she got me to walk a few times and keep adjusting the kebaya. After that she got the lady from the management round to review how I walk again.

And sadly I was informed that I was unsuccessful after changing out of the kebaya.

I was just wondering could it be the walk that went wrong. Do they actually boot people out just because of the walking or could it be my scars that affected the results of my interview.

Does anybody knows if I will be able to try for the walk in interview on the 26th Nov or do I have to wait for 6 months before trying again as they did not mention anything to me.

TIA!
Hello~

In my opinion, I don't think the scars is an issue, cos everyone are bound to have even if it's a tiny one. I assume that it's your walking... try to remember if you did slouch? Because when wearing the kebaya, we're suppose to look graceful in it. :) Or maybe you were limping (one leg shorter/longer than the other), all these minor things actually counts and they are EXTREMELY observant.

And according to the website, it says that you can still go for the walk in on the 26th! All the best :)

Omomni

Post by Omomni » Mon, 14 Nov 2016 6:55 am

Maryyyy wrote:
Omomni wrote:
Maryyyy wrote:

Hello Omomni!!!! So they would ask you to lift up your hair and literally check the back of your neck? :( I have a scar near the back of my neck :( Really scared they might boot me out because of that!

Anyways congrats! I wish you all the best :)
O! Is your scar very visible? You may try to conceal it, unless like mine, i currently have a super huge pimples and am unable to conceal.. :( , you are required to bun up your hair during the kebaya fitting round i hope this will help you!

All the very best to you too maryyyy :) im praying hard too!

It's quite visible even after concealing it :/ thats why im quite hesitant and scared! I have short hair though! Will they still ask me to bun up? Thank you so much for replying me! :)

O! I dont think so! Because there is another girl inside the room with me, her hair is short too but she didnt bun up :)

Puddlepoodle

Post by Puddlepoodle » Mon, 14 Nov 2016 10:19 am

Hi is anyone starting their training on the 27th dec?☺️

poisonoushemlock

Post by poisonoushemlock » Thu, 17 Nov 2016 6:19 pm

Hello! Is anyone starting training on 24th Nov (Thurs)? Hope to know someone from the same batch as me before training starts! :D

Boku

Post by Boku » Sun, 20 Nov 2016 10:09 pm

Hi Peeps,
Passed my interview on 22 Oct (M'sia) and had my medical checkup on the 07 Nov.
Not sure if any of you had received the golden call ? Available : Jan 2017

dada1314

Post by dada1314 » Sun, 20 Nov 2016 10:22 pm

Boku wrote:Hi Peeps,
Passed my interview on 22 Oct (M'sia) and had my medical checkup on the 07 Nov.
Not sure if any of you had received the golden call ? Available : Jan 2017
Hi Boku, I same as you went for 22 Oct at KL! I pm-ed you!

Trehc

Post by Trehc » Wed, 23 Nov 2016 1:52 pm

Omomni wrote:
Azztip wrote:
Rubywoooo wrote:
Hey guys!

Just to let you know that mine went ok.

GROUP INTRO/DEBATE:
There will be 6 participants in a group and lucky for us, our group only had to do an "Introduction" while others had debate. But unfortunately and only 1 made it through (yours truly).

MANAGEMENT INTERVIEW:
This interview is based on yourself and what you have done previously. They will ask you questions based on what you have written on your application form. I think it took only 10-15 mins for mine haha. After that you wait for the results.

KEBAYA/SKIN CHECK:
Once you are successful, you will have to wear the Kebaya. There will be no sizes tagged on it. After that you will need to proceed to another room and check your height & weight. And your back to see if there is any rashes/acne. They would require you to lift up your skirt to check on your legs as well. And then, do a "catwalk". For me, they said that my left shoulder is higher than my right Image

Lastly, they will check your teeth. So yep, I'm currently under review & they'll call me back in December because I'm wearing Invisalign at the moment. Mine is obvious because I have attachments on.

MEDICAL CHECKUP:
If you are successful, you will have to proceed to another room (not so sure about this) to submit your relevant documents and ask for your availability to do a medical checkup. You might need to wait for 3 weeks to a month. They'll call you if you have successfully cleared your medicals and ask when you can start training.

So yep, that's about it & all the best everyone! Most importantly, stay calm, keep smiling and positive thoughts always! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Omg congrats!! :D
Hi all, i got KIV as i was too skinny, they told me that they will email me in Jan or Feb. Any idea what if they dont email by then, does that mean i am rejected?
Hello! Could I check approx what is your bmi? Cause I'm also concerned about my weight :/

Rubywoooo

Post by Rubywoooo » Wed, 23 Nov 2016 2:00 pm

Trehc wrote:
Omomni wrote:
Azztip wrote:
Omg congrats!! :D
Hi all, i got KIV as i was too skinny, they told me that they will email me in Jan or Feb. Any idea what if they dont email by then, does that mean i am rejected?
Hello! Could I check approx what is your bmi? Cause I'm also concerned about my weight :/
Hmm it depends actually. I am slightly underweight but they didn't comment anything about it. They will just see if you're too skinny or not :)

bobbypins

Post by bobbypins » Wed, 23 Nov 2016 3:34 pm

Hi all, May i know if they will be strict on teeth checking part?

Rubywoooo

Post by Rubywoooo » Wed, 23 Nov 2016 3:50 pm

bobbypins wrote:Hi all, May i know if they will be strict on teeth checking part?
Not so sure for other but yes for me. I'm currently under KIV because I have Invisalign attahments on.

bobbypins

Post by bobbypins » Wed, 23 Nov 2016 4:26 pm

Rubywoooo wrote:
bobbypins wrote:Hi all, May i know if they will be strict on teeth checking part?
Not so sure for other but yes for me. I'm currently under KIV because I have Invisalign attahments on.

I see I see, thank you ;) urghh, my teeth is not that straight and I'm quite worried about it. Still considering if I should go on Sat.

Rubywoooo

Post by Rubywoooo » Wed, 23 Nov 2016 6:18 pm

bobbypins wrote:
Rubywoooo wrote:

I see I see, thank you ;) urghh, my teeth is not that straight and I'm quite worried about it. Still considering if I should go on Sat.
You can always give it a try! Good luck ;)

SArah02

Post by SArah02 » Wed, 23 Nov 2016 6:25 pm

Do you guys know of people with higher nitec cert accepted in the interview? An ex crew and thinking if it is accepted.