Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Omomni

Re: SIA cabin crew

Post by Omomni » Wed, 09 Nov 2016 8:55 pm

Imaaroncharles wrote:
Omomni wrote:
Imaaroncharles wrote:Guys will there be blood test for medical? Majority said no. I'm confused

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeap there will be blood test :)
Any idea if they will accept hep b carriers? My mom has it and chances are I might have it too. Ugh.

Hi aaron, sorry i cant help you on that, im not sure about it too. But what i know is that there are quite strict on health condition. But who knows! Just go try it! I have failed so many times till i lost count of it though #-o

Tedyuntianhu

Post by Tedyuntianhu » Thu, 10 Nov 2016 5:52 am

Hi probable-future colleagues,

I think SIA ramped up recruitment efforts by opening another channel for interviews because the walk-in interviews usually takes up 1 whole day, with little yield. Bypassing the Day 1 interviews (usually Senior Cabin Crew) with the online interview would be followed up by the Management round.

The process seems similar to that of Day 2 after the walk-in interviews. They would allocate a time-slot for selected individuals to report, along with their stated documents (inclusive of bankbook, photograph, certificates, etc.)

So here's my take on it. Hopefully you could use it as an advantage!

Management round; Get interviewed by Top Management in SIA
- DONT WEAR COLORED CONTACTS/MAXI EYES. ONLY NORMAL, TRANSPARENT CONTACT LENSES.
- The management would want to see that you have the what it takes. That would mean the minimal of possessing high conscientiousness (careful & vigilant), adaptability (open to critics), posture, and how you carry yourself as a person.
- After changing pass, you would have to enter STC and proceed to the auditorium to get seated (might have to fill in forms prior). *Please note to be consistent in declaring everything. I.e. Medical history that you might have reported during the online interviews. Especially PES Status for guys still/serving National Service.*
- One by one names would be called in for the management interview. Again, you would be given additional forms for filling (bank details & agreeing to T&Cs).
- After which its time for the interview by Management. This is where you'll start panicking and wondering whether you get the "nice or not nice" interviewers. My take on it is that just walk in with an open mind. Irregardless of who they are, tell them about you like how you would to anyone. Prepare yourself to the things they might ask / comment on you.
- Upon entering, there would be 2 interviewers seated behind a table on the far end of the room. Your designated chair would be just beside the door. Do not attempt to move your chair all the way to their table, as they want to see how your posture is like. Also perhaps a way to see if you are confident by nature. Sit with your legs together, and hands on your lap.

Things they might ask:
1) Tell a little about yourself (hobbies, personality)
- Make it brief, but interesting. Something 'fresh' that would make them consider you.
2) Why did you choose SIA over other airlines?
- During my interview, i said the taboo "I always wanted to fly with SQ because its a childhood dream". Fret not, this evidently does not warrant you a boot-out. Perhaps you could add in something like, "Whenever i saw CC in the arrival hall, i felt the prestige in their uniforms."

Things they might comment:
1) Your hair is not appropriate as a CC.
- Your response: Thank you for pointing it out for me. I will get it rectified before the commencement of training if I'm shortlisted.
2) You dont look good with a hair bun because your ears are too 'pointy'.
- Your response: Thank you for pointing it out for me. I will cut a bob hair style before the commencement of training if I'm shortlisted.

I understand that some of the things they might say are mean/overly brutal, but they are just observing to see whether you can take their critics, and how you respond tactfully to them.

Just be yourself, and explain to them in proper English. However, it is not advisable to over-sell yourself.

Once you're done, you would be told to proceed to a waiting area while they tabulate your scores. Shortlisted people would be told to move on to the Skin check (girl & guys) & Sarong Kebaya fitting (girls only). There should be ample time while waiting for your turn; use the time to touch up on your make-up (for girls, face & body), to ensure that your face is not too oily and does not gleam under the light.

Guys would have to walk in a straight line, and roll up your sleeves to check for scarring until your elbow. They would also measure your height and weight to see if you fall below/over the BMI range.

[I'm not too sure] For girls, there would be a rack of Kebayas for you. You are to choose the one of your fitting and don it well. If you're unable to get a sizing of your own, ask politely for the staff there to assist you. Anything that is not covered by the Kebaya (google image it) will be scrutinized for scarring. So do touch up with concealers prior to going in.

If you make it, you move onto the final part which is done by their HR. This is when they would let you know which day to go for your medicals (usually the next day), and get your availability dates as to when you can commence training.

With that being said, all the best to you guys & girls! I'll be starting training soon and wont be active anymore. You can drop me a DM with your mobile number and ill try my best to answer all your queries!

nab5

Post by nab5 » Thu, 10 Nov 2016 12:22 pm

Tedyuntianhu wrote:Hi probable-future colleagues,

I think SIA ramped up recruitment efforts by opening another channel for interviews because the walk-in interviews usually takes up 1 whole day, with little yield. Bypassing the Day 1 interviews (usually Senior Cabin Crew) with the online interview would be followed up by the Management round.

The process seems similar to that of Day 2 after the walk-in interviews. They would allocate a time-slot for selected individuals to report, along with their stated documents (inclusive of bankbook, photograph, certificates, etc.)

- DONT WEAR COLORED CONTACTS/MAXI EYES. ONLY NORMAL, TRANSPARENT CONTACT LENSES.
- The management would want to see that you have the what it takes. That would mean the minimal of possessing high conscientiousness (careful & vigilant), adaptability (open to critics), posture, and how you carry yourself as a person.
- After changing pass, you would have to enter STC and proceed to the auditorium to get seated (might have to fill in forms prior). *Please note to be consistent in declaring everything. I.e. Medical history that you might have reported during the online interviews. Especially PES Status for guys still/serving National Service.*
- One by one names would be called in for the management interview. Again, you would be given additional forms for filling (bank details & agreeing to T&Cs).
- After which its time for the interview by Management. This is where you'll start panicking and wondering whether you get the "nice or not nice" interviewers. My take on it is that just walk in with an open mind. Irregardless of who they are, tell them about you like how you would to anyone. Prepare yourself to the things they might ask / comment on you.
- Upon entering, there would be 2 interviewers seated behind a table on the far end of the room. Your designated chair would be just beside the door. Do not attempt to move your chair all the way to their table, as they want to see how your posture is like. Also perhaps a way to see if you are confident by nature. Sit with your legs together, and hands on your lap.

Things they might ask:
- Make it brief, but interesting. Something 'fresh' that would make them consider you.
- During my interview, i said the taboo "I always wanted to fly with SQ because its a childhood dream". Fret not, this evidently does not warrant you a boot-out. Perhaps you could add in something like, "Whenever i saw CC in the arrival hall, i felt the prestige in their uniforms."

- Your response: Thank you for pointing it out for me. I will get it rectified before the commencement of training if I'm shortlisted.
- Your response: Thank you for pointing it out for me. I will cut a bob hair style before the commencement of training if I'm shortlisted.

I understand that some of the things they might say are mean/overly brutal, but they are just observing to see whether you can take their critics, and how you respond tactfully to them.

Just be yourself, and explain to them in proper English. However, it is not advisable to over-sell yourself.

Once you're done, you would be told to proceed to a waiting area while they tabulate your scores. Shortlisted people would be told to move on to the Skin check (girl & guys) & Sarong Kebaya fitting (girls only). There should be ample time while waiting for your turn; use the time to touch up on your make-up (for girls, face & body), to ensure that your face is not too oily and does not gleam under the light.

Guys would have to walk in a straight line, and roll up your sleeves to check for scarring until your elbow. They would also measure your height and weight to see if you fall below/over the BMI range.

[I'm not too sure] For girls, there would be a rack of Kebayas for you. You are to choose the one of your fitting and don it well. If you're unable to get a sizing of your own, ask politely for the staff there to assist you. Anything that is not covered by the Kebaya (google image it) will be scrutinized for scarring. So do touch up with concealers prior to going in.

If you make it, you move onto the final part which is done by their HR. This is when they would let you know which day to go for your medicals (usually the next day), and get your availability dates as to when you can commence training.

With that being said, all the best to you guys & girls! I'll be starting training soon and wont be active anymore. You can drop me a DM with your mobile number and ill try my best to answer all your queries!
Hey! Thank you very much for your detailed description of the interview day 2! Really appreciate your sharing :)

Tedyuntianhu

Post by Tedyuntianhu » Thu, 10 Nov 2016 2:19 pm

Hey nab5,

My pleasure! I understand how frustrating it is to scour the internet for tips. Didn't have the luxury of having someone tell me how the process is like. Hence, all the best to all of you!

Kidowind

Post by Kidowind » Thu, 10 Nov 2016 4:58 pm

Tedyuntianhu wrote:Hi probable-future colleagues,

Things they might ask:

Thank alot Ted for the detailed description of the process. It is super helpful and informative for us.

Just a qns, whether the rejection rate is super high for the management round as compared to other rounds? Do most people get selected or more get rejected.

Thanks once again

Azztip

Post by Azztip » Fri, 11 Nov 2016 10:08 am

Kidowind wrote:
Azztip wrote:
Kidowind wrote:
Hey, i received an email informing me to go for interview on the 13th Nov at SIA training centre. I applied online, anyone going for the interview too? Any idea which round/s of interview will it be?
Hey! Me too! I received it this afternoon. What time is your interview? :) I assume that the interview will be similar to the walk-in ones?
10.30am. Yours? Oh so its the same as walk in interview then i guess it will be a long day provided we don get out in the first round. Haha
Sorry for the late response! Mine's 8:30am, am I the first? :( so early hahahaha!

Tedyuntianhu

Post by Tedyuntianhu » Sat, 12 Nov 2016 6:46 am

Last edited by Tedyuntianhu on Sat, 12 Nov 2016 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tedyuntianhu

Post by Tedyuntianhu » Sat, 12 Nov 2016 6:47 am

Tedyuntianhu wrote:Thank alot Ted for the detailed description of the process. It is super helpful and informative for us.

Just a qns, whether the rejection rate is super high for the management round as compared to other rounds? Do most people get selected or more get rejected.

Thanks once again

Hey Kidowind

My take on it is that... they would probably take a max of 15-20% of the entire population from the first day interviews, and from the management, they will cut by another 30-50%. Hahahha i honestly wouldn't know, but i'm pretty sure they have a projected amount of Cabin crews. Like for this year, they projected 60+ batches, and next year a total of 80+ batches. So if you're trying for next year, there will definitely be more leniency for the interviews. From the first day walk-in interviews, there were 10 in my group. After Day 1, 4 remained. After day 2, only 2 remained.[/quote]

Tedyuntianhu

Post by Tedyuntianhu » Sat, 12 Nov 2016 6:57 am

Azztip wrote:
Kidowind wrote:
Azztip wrote:
Hey! Me too! I received it this afternoon. What time is your interview? :) I assume that the interview will be similar to the walk-in ones?
10.30am. Yours? Oh so its the same as walk in interview then i guess it will be a long day provided we don get out in the first round. Haha
Sorry for the late response! Mine's 8:30am, am I the first? :( so early hahahaha!
Hey Aztip & Kidowind,

It doesn't take that long as compared to Day 1 (walk-in) tbh. Because they've already sieved out so many people, and i did go for the 10.30 slot as well previously. You would finish before they break for lunch. Will await the good news from all of you!

ilovecandles

Post by ilovecandles » Sat, 12 Nov 2016 10:55 am

Tedyuntianhu wrote:
Tedyuntianhu wrote:Thank alot Ted for the detailed description of the process. It is super helpful and informative for us.

Thanks once again

Hey Kidowind

My take on it is that... they would probably take a max of 15-20% of the entire population from the first day interviews, and from the management, they will cut by another 30-50%. Hahahha i honestly wouldn't know, but i'm pretty sure they have a projected amount of Cabin crews. Like for this year, they projected 60+ batches, and next year a total of 80+ batches. So if you're trying for next year, there will definitely be more leniency for the interviews. From the first day walk-in interviews, there were 10 in my group. After Day 1, 4 remained. After day 2, only 2 remained.
[/quote]

hi ted! How did you know that they are projecting 80+ batches next year?

Spinxo91

Post by Spinxo91 » Sat, 12 Nov 2016 12:19 pm

Hey guys! Sorry if I'm being random, but do you know if having flat foot is gonna affect my chances of passing medical?

dada1314

Post by dada1314 » Sun, 13 Nov 2016 1:40 am

Imaaroncharles wrote:Hey guys! Sorry if I'm being random, but do you know if having flat foot is gonna affect my chances of passing medical?

Its really depends whether the management wanna pass you for the medical check up or not. You already went for the interview?

Kidowind

Post by Kidowind » Sun, 13 Nov 2016 9:29 am

Azztip wrote:
Kidowind wrote:
Azztip wrote:
How isit azztip!

Omomni

Post by Omomni » Sun, 13 Nov 2016 12:34 pm

Kidowind wrote:
Azztip wrote:
Kidowind wrote:
How isit azztip!
Hi, any good news from anyone ? Mine interview is at 2pm and i am so nervous !

Spinxo91

Post by Spinxo91 » Sun, 13 Nov 2016 12:39 pm

Hey guys! I just came back from the interview and none in my group made it through sigh. They actually booted off a lot of people based on my observation.

So this is how it works. Y'all will be grouped in 5 or 6 and they will throw you a random question. After that, you'll have to wait outside for the results to see if you make it to the 2v1 management round or not.

The kebaya/skin check is the final round.