Singapore Expats

LTVP, Dependent Pass or Student Pass??

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
angelkiew

LTVP, Dependent Pass or Student Pass??

Post by angelkiew » Mon, 31 Oct 2016 10:36 am

"My husband and I are both SPR, I'm currently applying for SG citizenship together with my one year old boy.
Currently my boy stays in Malaysia, taken care by my mother in law. We plan to relocate him to Singapore next year when he turns to 18 months. He doesn't hold any pass at the moment.
We are confused with pass shall we apply for him to be able to enrol into childcare?
LTVP (can enrol to childcare?), dependent pass (can SPR apply this or only for work pass holder?) or student pass?
As we are applying citizenship (foresee wouldn't get approval before he moves here), so we are not considering applying PR for him, which takes time as well.
Would appreciate if anybody knows the best way/ suitable pass to go ahead.
Thank you so much for your advice!"

jamie9vardy
Chatter
Chatter

Re: LTVP, Dependent Pass or Student Pass??

Post by jamie9vardy » Mon, 31 Oct 2016 10:18 pm

angelkiew wrote:"My husband and I are both SPR, I'm currently applying for SG citizenship together with my one year old boy.
Currently my boy stays in Malaysia, taken care by my mother in law. We plan to relocate him to Singapore next year when he turns to 18 months. He doesn't hold any pass at the moment.
We are confused with pass shall we apply for him to be able to enrol into childcare?
LTVP (can enrol to childcare?), dependent pass (can SPR apply this or only for work pass holder?) or student pass?
As we are applying citizenship (foresee wouldn't get approval before he moves here), so we are not considering applying PR for him, which takes time as well.
Would appreciate if anybody knows the best way/ suitable pass to go ahead.
Thank you so much for your advice!"
Have you gone through your SC application interview? Did the ICA officer not ask you why are you not applying as a family unit and why didn't you apply PR for your boy at birth?