Singapore Expats

Slimming Coffee

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
rochelletan

Slimming Coffee

Post by rochelletan » Fri, 12 Feb 2016 5:40 pm

Hi, just wondering if anyone here ever tried slimming coffee? I was recommended to try it by someone, but it is quite pricey so I thought to check it out first.

vanessajoy

Re: Slimming Coffee

Post by vanessajoy » Mon, 22 Feb 2016 3:59 pm

slimming coffee? there's such a thing? can you share more?

generalzod

Post by generalzod » Thu, 31 Mar 2016 3:44 pm

haven't tried it before.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 31 Mar 2016 4:31 pm

slimming coffee? Is that a skinny latte? ;-)
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Thu, 31 Mar 2016 7:59 pm

I wonder if people stop and think how drinking 'slimming tea' or coffee could cause weight loss :???: Still, perhaps it remains a more convenient false promise than the commitment the guaranteed solution of taking exercise and taking care with your diet would provide.

Googling on 'slimming coffee', just to have a laugh at how it misrepresents it's action, I came upon this below linked. It reminds me of the Chinese powdered milk scandal, where melamine (that's Formica, the plastic veneer used on desk and kitchen worktops), was added as a bulking agent.

Alerts from the US-FDA
-----
'Public Notification: Lishou Slimming Coffee contains hidden drug ingredient
[10-23-2015] The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is advising consumers not to purchase or use Lishou Slimming Coffee, a product promoted for weight loss. This product was identified by FDA during an examination of international mail shipments.Image of Lishou Slimming Coffee

FDA laboratory analysis confirmed that Lishou Slimming Coffee contains sibutramine. Sibutramine is a controlled substance that was removed from the market in October 2010 for safety reasons. The product poses a threat to consumers because sibutramine is known to substantially increase blood pressure and/or pulse rate in some patients and may present a significant risk for patients with a history of coronary artery disease, congestive heart failure, arrhythmias, or stroke. This product may also interact, in life-threatening ways, with other medications a consumer may be taking.

Health care professionals and patients are encouraged to report adverse events or side effects related to the use of this product to FDA's MedWatch Safety Information and Adverse Event

Note: This notification is to inform the public of a growing trend of dietary supplements or conventional foods with hidden drugs and chemicals. These products are typically promoted for sexual enhancement, weight loss, and body building and are often represented as being “all natural.”

[Continues]
http://www.fda.gov/Drugs/ResourcesForYo ... 468940.htm

Melamine in milk, sibutramine in 'slimming coffee', hmmm, both amine compounds...

Same warning on other Chinese 'slimming coffee' brands too... [a random pick of two more]
http://www.fda.gov/Drugs/ResourcesForYo ... 276053.htm
'Public Notification: “Leisure 18 Slimming Coffee” Contains Undeclared Drug Ingredient

http://www.fda.gov/Drugs/ResourcesForYo ... 376059.htm
'Public Notification: Body Beauty 5 Days Slimming Coffee Contains Hidden Drug Ingredient

Sibutramine... 'Sibutramine is a centrally-acting serotonin-norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor (SNRI) structurally related to amphetamines... It is classified as a Schedule IV controlled substance in the United States.'
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sibutramine

I'm surprised this drug hasn't been banned in Singapore, it sounds potentially dangerous...
'Do it or do not do it: You will regret both' - Kierkegaard

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Fri, 01 Apr 2016 5:43 am

JR8 wrote:I wonder if people stop and think how drinking 'slimming tea' or coffee could cause weight loss
I know how it could work: it'll give you the runs.
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

x9200

Post by x9200 » Fri, 01 Apr 2016 9:25 am

It works the same way as a glass of water preventing conception (pregnancy). It has to be used as the substitute (food, sex).

sgstrait
Regular
Regular

Post by sgstrait » Thu, 21 Apr 2016 6:02 pm

Caffeine inhibits hunger, so in that sense, it can slim you down. Also, I guess if you have a lactose intolerance, and have a hot latte, then that too can slim you down in its own unique way.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Thu, 21 Apr 2016 7:56 pm

sgstrait wrote:Caffeine inhibits hunger, so in that sense, it can slim you down.
This is at risk of coming down to semantics, a debate re: cause and effect.
If coffee is slimming, wouldn't a slimmer simply drink that, rather than buying expensive 'slimming coffee'? By branding it as the latter, isn't the manufacturer suggesting it has weight-loss properties that regular coffee does not?

[Having had my usual 3 espressos today I'm in fired-up, yet still somewhat porky, pedant mode].
'Do it or do not do it: You will regret both' - Kierkegaard

shireenuh

Post by shireenuh » Thu, 28 Apr 2016 12:45 pm

I tried this Fashion Slimming Coffee 4 years back, totally lost weight (like 7kg) as I just keep drinking fluids only due to dry mouth effect. Overall, I'm okay, still alive and kickin' 'til today. But still, will recommend go on healthy diet and clean eating to avoid future complications :)

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Thu, 28 Apr 2016 1:48 pm

shireenuh wrote:I tried this Fashion Slimming Coffee 4 years back, totally lost weight (like 7kg) as I just keep drinking fluids only due to dry mouth effect. Overall, I'm okay, still alive and kickin' 'til today. But still, will recommend go on healthy diet and clean eating to avoid future complications :)
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late

cassandrav

Post by cassandrav » Wed, 04 May 2016 1:15 pm

People can come up with anything! Slimming coffee? Really!!! The fact that everyone wants to look slim and fit that people get fooled by such fake promises. Everyone should understand that how one can’t gain weight in one day, it isn’t possible to lose fat in a day or 2-days time. These products are just the gimmicks to gain money. Do exercise on daily basis to stay fit.

lucassmith
Regular
Regular

Post by lucassmith » Tue, 17 May 2016 4:46 pm

personally I know bodybuilders who drink coffee, without milk and sugar (of course) during their cutting/shredding phase.

Logic behind this is as sgstrait mentioned, caffeine inhibits hunger.
it also boosts metabolism and can be a great pre workout boost.

so yea, I guess this is the more 'legit' slimming coffee as compared to those fancy gimmicky marketed slimming coffee

Rick Liew

Post by Rick Liew » Thu, 20 Oct 2016 10:02 pm

I tried slimming coffee before... it is not working for me... maybe im overweight...

Recently i taking my 90 days slimming program.. hope i can reduce my weight and visceral fat.. organ fat :)

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: Slimming Coffee

Post by ecureilx » Fri, 09 Dec 2016 10:03 am

Haikaldingle wrote:LOL SLIMMING COFFEE Image

Stop looking for such ways to lose weight. It never works! !
they do work .. in making the MLM uplines rich ;)