Singapore Expats

chances of getting PR

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
zoronization

chances of getting PR

Post by zoronization » Tue, 11 Oct 2016 3:36 pm

Hi, I just got my appointment for form submission and I wish to know the chances of getting PR.

Malaysian Male, 24
From Ngee Ann Poly and NTU (6 years plus in Singapore)
2nd Upper (ASEAN scholarship) and gold medallist during poly time (study robotics)
Currently working in NTU as research staff ($3K/month)
Single

I actually working for less than six months (started 1st June), however I was told that I can start applying once I get my EP.

Thanks for helping ;)

taxico
Director
Director

Re: chances of getting PR

Post by taxico » Tue, 11 Oct 2016 4:09 pm

q. if you get rejected, how long will you wait before applying again?
Aut viam ad caelum inveniam aut faciam

brian_singapore
Chatter
Chatter
Answers: 1

Post by brian_singapore » Tue, 11 Oct 2016 5:12 pm

You need 6 months of pay-stubs in order to apply. And I'm not clear how you got an EP on 3k/month?

jamie9vardy
Chatter
Chatter

Post by jamie9vardy » Tue, 11 Oct 2016 5:26 pm

brian_singapore wrote:And I'm not clear how you got an EP on 3k/month?
We have seen in recent weeks that some Malaysians are able to obtain an EP with salary below the threshold.

http://forum.singaporeexpats.com/viewto ... n&start=15

brian_singapore
Chatter
Chatter

Post by brian_singapore » Tue, 11 Oct 2016 5:30 pm

Clearly I need to keep up with the times.

Perhaps they will wave the 6 months of pay stubs required as part of the PR Application as well.

zoronization

Post by zoronization » Tue, 11 Oct 2016 5:36 pm

taxico wrote:q. if you get rejected, how long will you wait before applying again?
Wait for another year? or is it better if I change my appointment to next year, so that I can provide 6 months of payslip ?

zoronization

Post by zoronization » Tue, 11 Oct 2016 5:39 pm

brian_singapore wrote:You need 6 months of pay-stubs in order to apply. And I'm not clear how you got an EP on 3k/month?
I am not sure how I get the EP as well, I am aware on MOM web it stated need to be 3,300 and above. Anw, it is okay the ICA web that I saw can apply once you got your S pass/EP
http://www.ifaq.gov.sg/ICA/apps/fcd_faq ... #FAQ_30202

brian_singapore
Chatter
Chatter

Post by brian_singapore » Tue, 11 Oct 2016 5:49 pm

I suggest you go read the application requirements. It will provide you with a complete list of required documents. One of those requirements is 6 months of pay stubs. You will need to bring all of those required documents to your appointment where they will be reviewed and confirmed before your application is accepted.

I suspect what the question in the FAQ is answering is what type of work permit you require to make the application. I. E. If you have an LTVP or a DP your likely not allowed to apply for PR at all.

zoronization

Post by zoronization » Tue, 11 Oct 2016 5:55 pm

brian_singapore wrote:I suggest you go read the application requirements. It will provide you with a complete list of required documents. One of those requirements is 6 months of pay stubs. You will need to bring all of those required documents to your appointment where they will be reviewed and confirmed before your application is accepted.

I suspect what the question in the FAQ is answering is what type of work permit you require to make the application. I. E. If you have an LTVP or a DP your likely not allowed to apply for PR at all.
Yea I read the requirements that is why i am confused. Nevermind i guess the best way will be call in and ask.

zoronization

Post by zoronization » Wed, 12 Oct 2016 9:37 am

Just to update. So I called ICA today and asked about it. They suggested me to still head down on my appointment date and explain my situation to the officer, and she says most likely it would be okay. I guess this is one of the loophole then.

Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Post by Barnsley » Wed, 12 Oct 2016 9:54 am

zoronization wrote:Just to update. So I called ICA today and asked about it. They suggested me to still head down on my appointment date and explain my situation to the officer, and she says most likely it would be okay. I guess this is one of the loophole then.
When is your appointment?

I wouldn't worry if I were you , should you get rejected 1st time up , you will most likely be informed when would be a a better time for you to apply for PR.

You should be all set with PR if that's what you want in the next couple of years.
Life is short, paddle harder!!

zoronization

Post by zoronization » Wed, 12 Oct 2016 10:08 am

Barnsley wrote:
zoronization wrote:Just to update. So I called ICA today and asked about it. They suggested me to still head down on my appointment date and explain my situation to the officer, and she says most likely it would be okay. I guess this is one of the loophole then.

I wouldn't worry if I were you , should you get rejected 1st time up , you will most likely be informed when would be a a better time for you to apply for PR.

You should be all set with PR if that's what you want in the next couple of years.
My appointment is on 15 Nov, by then i only work around 5.5 months

Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Post by Barnsley » Wed, 12 Oct 2016 10:34 am

zoronization wrote:
Barnsley wrote:

I see , just say you were so eager to get on the path to Singapore Citizenship that you misjudged by a couple of weeks for the November payslip :D :D :cool: :cool: :cool:
Life is short, paddle harder!!

zoronization

Post by zoronization » Wed, 12 Oct 2016 10:56 am

Barnsley wrote:
zoronization wrote:
Barnsley wrote:

I see , just say you were so eager to get on the path to Singapore Citizenship that you misjudged by a couple of weeks for the November payslip :D :D :cool: :cool: :cool:
HAHA, I hope this work. Hopefully the officer won't reject me on that itself

brian_singapore
Chatter
Chatter

Post by brian_singapore » Wed, 12 Oct 2016 12:17 pm

And make sure you let us know what happens :). My theory is they will just reject the application as incomplete. But maybe they will be flexible.