Singapore Expats

2nd Rejection, now Pending?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
joannajane
Regular
Regular

2nd Rejection, now Pending?

Post by joannajane » Mon, 29 Aug 2016 5:39 pm

Hi, some of you may remember me from previous posts. I'm the daughter of an ex Singaporean Citizen (even writing that makes me cringe), I've been here for 5 years and 95% of my family is Singaporean.

Anyway, I was recently rejected for the 2nd time back in May ('kiss of death' letter, although I've just seen 2 posts in this forum of approvals after receiving that letter). I just logged on to get my application number for my appeal and my status as of June is 'Pending' again. WHAT!? Even if I'd submitted an appeal, it comes up as 'Appeal' right? :-k

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: 2nd Rejection, now Pending?

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 29 Aug 2016 5:41 pm

joannajane wrote:Hi, some of you may remember me from previous posts. I'm the daughter of an ex Singaporean Citizen (even writing that makes me cringe), I've been here for 5 years and 95% of my family is Singaporean.

Anyway, I was recently rejected for the 2nd time back in May ('kiss of death' letter, although I've just seen 2 posts in this forum of approvals after receiving that letter). I just logged on to get my application number for my appeal and my status as of June is 'Pending' again. WHAT!? Even if I'd submitted an appeal, it comes up as 'Appeal' right? :-k
No, it's is correct. It goes to pending.

I never seen an "appeal" status (yet), maybe others have seen it.

joannajane
Regular
Regular

Re: RE: 2nd Rejection, now Pending?

Post by joannajane » Mon, 29 Aug 2016 5:44 pm

ecureilx wrote:
joannajane wrote:Hi, some of you may remember me from previous posts. I'm the daughter of an ex Singaporean Citizen (even writing that makes me cringe), I've been here for 5 years and 95% of my family is Singaporean.

No, it's is correct. It goes to pending.

I never seen an "appeal" status (yet), maybe others have seen it.
Ah okay thank you. I'm so certain when I appealed the first time (2013) it said 'Appeal' but I could be wrong. I will have to talk to my family and see who sent a letter and where! Is it still reasonable of me to go and submit new documents, payrise etc do you think?

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: RE: 2nd Rejection, now Pending?

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 29 Aug 2016 5:47 pm

joannajane wrote: Ah okay thank you. I'm so certain when I appealed the first time (2013) it said 'Appeal' but I could be wrong. I will have to talk to my family and see who sent a letter and where! Is it still reasonable of me to go and submit new documents, payrise etc do you think?
It won't go to appeal unless an MP letter was sent or an appeal was made (from my knowledge... ).

You may post the updated info. With the reference.

It won't work over the counter.

joannajane
Regular
Regular

Re: RE: Re: RE: 2nd Rejection, now Pending?

Post by joannajane » Mon, 29 Aug 2016 5:51 pm

ecureilx wrote:
joannajane wrote: Ah okay thank you. I'm so certain when I appealed the first time (2013) it said 'Appeal' but I could be wrong. I will have to talk to my family and see who sent a letter and where! Is it still reasonable of me to go and submit new documents, payrise etc do you think?
It won't go to appeal unless an MP letter was sent or an appeal was made (from my knowledge... ).

You may post the updated info. With the reference.

It won't work over the counter.
Thank you. My Uncle has just confirmed he sent a letter to ICA. I am pretty impressed with their response (8 days between posting letter and status changing).

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: 2nd Rejection, now Pending?

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 29 Aug 2016 6:01 pm

joannajane wrote: Thank you. My Uncle has just confirmed he sent a letter to ICA. I am pretty impressed with their response (8 days between posting letter and status changing).
Lovely.

Past experience shows ICA may ask you to submit the current pay slips etc. upon review of the appeal.

So hold on.

quantabit

Re: 2nd Rejection, now Pending?

Post by quantabit » Tue, 30 Aug 2016 9:05 pm

What did your rejection letter say? It may give some hints on how you should proceed

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 31 Aug 2016 12:10 am

quanatabit, so far all I see is a smart aleck who has made 24 posts, in less than 24 hours, contributing absolutely SFA to this forum. In fact you registered 5 years ago and today, 5 years later to the date, decide to spam the board with useless and senseless garbage. Give us one solid reason why your existence on this board should be allowed to continue.

SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

quantabit

Post by quantabit » Wed, 31 Aug 2016 12:23 am

I simply asked question that was not answered before to a few people. Apology if this is considered spammy. Won't happen again ;)

joannajane
Regular
Regular

Post by joannajane » Wed, 12 Oct 2016 10:50 am

Right well, that was swiftly rejected. I'm not sure what the formality is if a family member sends in a letter, as I had a new application number and date against my record. Have not yet seen a rejection letter.

I have now tried to appeal, the proper way. I called them to ask and they said the procedure is to hand them in over the counter (with a form that they ask you to fill in). A week later, it's now changed back to "Pending" with a new application date and number.

Does this mean it's just started all over again? (My original appointment of August 2015 was rejected May 2016). Or as stated earlier, does the "Appeal" status on ienquiry no longer exist? I haven't submitted a new application document and don't want it to be rejected again on the grounds of an incomplete application.

I have received a significant pay rise since my last rejection and have included new testimonials from my volunteer work from the last few years and letters from my (Singaporean) family. Not much else I can provide really. There's no 'Plan B', all of my family and life are here.

Just want to ensure my application is whole this time.