Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Tedyuntianhu

Re: SIA cabin crew

Post by Tedyuntianhu » Fri, 07 Oct 2016 5:16 pm

fondee wrote:Hi everyone, I went for the September interview and 5th/6th September medical checkup. However, I was told to do another blood-test. My availability is immediate but I have yet to receive any calls. Judging from the previous threads, there are people who received the calls when their availability is longer (1 month etc). May I assume that I am being rejected? Also, how long does it take for the rejection letters to come? Thanks in advance :)
Hi there...

Don't worry so much! If you take a look at previous entries in the forum, those that do a second blood test don't get rejected. At most it's due to a fluctuated reading due to your diet (then). Rejection letters come in the form of a letter to your house. So if you don't receive anything, it's a good thing. Just continue waiting for the good news :). The 1 month is just a gauge. From what I know there's only 1 person liaising with all the interviewees; given that there's so many of us, give them some time to finalize and get back to you.

wildhoneyflames

Post by wildhoneyflames » Sat, 08 Oct 2016 1:50 am

fondee wrote:Hi everyone, I went for the September interview and 5th/6th September medical checkup. However, I was told to do another blood-test. My availability is immediate but I have yet to receive any calls. Judging from the previous threads, there are people who received the calls when their availability is longer (1 month etc). May I assume that I am being rejected? Also, how long does it take for the rejection letters to come? Thanks in advance :)
Hey don't worry so much! I had to do two additional blood tests but I passed my medical and received the call from Mary. As long as you are not having thalassemia, you're fine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wildhoneyflames

Post by wildhoneyflames » Sat, 08 Oct 2016 1:51 am

Firapawzi wrote:Hi :D

I received a message to call SQ today and was given a training date. I went for the september interview. Anyone here starts training on 13th december?
What was your notice period? :-)

Tedyuntianhu

Post by Tedyuntianhu » Mon, 10 Oct 2016 6:44 pm

Hi guys!

after waiting for 5 months since the May interviews, I finally got the email stating to head down to STC this coming Monday! Over the moon! Those still waiting, just hang in there!

Firapawzi

Post by Firapawzi » Mon, 10 Oct 2016 7:04 pm

Hi :)

My notice period was 1 month
wildhoneyflames wrote:
Firapawzi wrote:Hi :D

I received a message to call SQ today and was given a training date. I went for the september interview. Anyone here starts training on 13th december?
What was your notice period? :-)

noobykock

Post by noobykock » Mon, 10 Oct 2016 7:06 pm

Tedyuntianhu wrote:Hi guys!

after waiting for 5 months since the May interviews, I finally got the email stating to head down to STC this coming Monday! Over the moon! Those still waiting, just hang in there!

Hey man, why such a long wait? Did you specify you're only available only on oct or something?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 10 Oct 2016 8:49 pm

Probably the quality of candidates has been so bad since that they thought they'd better take one of the lower of the previous bunch as everything since was pretty pathetic?
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

heyheyheehee

Post by heyheyheehee » Mon, 10 Oct 2016 8:56 pm

Anyone training starts November 21st?

Tedyuntianhu

Post by Tedyuntianhu » Mon, 10 Oct 2016 10:25 pm

noobykock wrote:
Tedyuntianhu wrote:Hi guys!

Hey man, why such a long wait? Did you specify you're only available only on oct or something?
Oh yes, it's because I am in NS, and will ORD only this coming Thursday.

Tedyuntianhu

Post by Tedyuntianhu » Mon, 10 Oct 2016 10:38 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Probably the quality of candidates has been so bad since that they thought they'd better take one of the lower of the previous bunch as everything since was pretty pathetic?
Hi moderator... that's not nice of you to speak ill of the trainees in STC. Baseless assumptions like that isn't fair. And everyone flocks here because it's a platform to communicate and update each other on our outcomes as future employees.
Please be kind. Thanks.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 10 Oct 2016 10:46 pm

You were the one questioning why the long wait as if you couldn't believe it. caveat emptor.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

MayuriSenpai

Post by MayuriSenpai » Wed, 12 Oct 2016 12:51 am

Hi everybody.
I feel obligated to post this as i was stalking these forums everyday till i finally received my golden text from Mary last wednesday! (5th Oct)
I went for the interview on the 3rd and 4th of Sept! Opted for my medical review to be on tuesday (6 Sept)
I called Mary back after i received her text and i'm targeted to begin training on the 6th of dec.
I know the wait is long but just hang in there. My phone was right next to me 24/7. I'm so thankful to finally receive the good news.
All the best everyone!

jellyeunri

Post by jellyeunri » Wed, 12 Oct 2016 4:16 pm

Hello,

Does anyone know whats the latest date for training as of today? The last i heard is 13dec.. is there any dates on the week of 19th dec?

cl0udz

Post by cl0udz » Thu, 13 Oct 2016 1:33 am

jellyeunri wrote:Hello,

Does anyone know whats the latest date for training as of today? The last i heard is 13dec.. is there any dates on the week of 19th dec?
20th dec! Hope this helps. :)

jellyeunri

Post by jellyeunri » Thu, 13 Oct 2016 10:16 am

cl0udz wrote:
jellyeunri wrote:Hello,

20th dec! Hope this helps. :)
Thanks Cl0udz!