Singapore Expats

Aircon servicing every 3 months - Tenant Pay?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Aircon servicing every 3 months - Tenant Pay?

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 13 Apr 2016 8:29 pm

x9200 wrote:One more technical question: if the aircon is not used, can the gas still leak out? I am basically asking if there is any shut off valve between the compressor and the piping.
As for leak, If it is a Split Aircon - the answer is "YES" :D Don't ask me how it happens or how it can be stopped. Good workmanship can, as said before, greatly limit this leakage.

Shut off ? Nope, Don't remember that either. And anyway the outdoor units are not meant to be user serviceable, so I doubt anybody added that in the system.

kyrakim

Post by kyrakim » Sun, 11 Sep 2016 11:09 am

I check with my agent that my tenancy contract does not cover air-con servicing and I am liable if the air-con breakdown. I have to pay extra to include air-con servicing and insurance for breakdown of household equipment e.g. washing machine, dryer , refrigerator, oven, vacuum cleaner, water heater, iron ...etc. Anyone can advise me the cost of this insurance and recommend me the type of insurance to purchase

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: Aircon servicing every 3 months - Tenant Pay?

Post by ecureilx » Sun, 11 Sep 2016 11:24 am

kyrakim wrote:I check with my agent that my tenancy contract does not cover air-con servicing and I am liable if the air-con breakdown. I have to pay extra to include air-con servicing and insurance for breakdown of household equipment e.g. washing machine, dryer , refrigerator, oven, vacuum cleaner, water heater, iron ...etc. Anyone can advise me the cost of this insurance and recommend me the type of insurance to purchase
Such insurance will not cover wear and tear and damage due to lack of service.

kyrakim

Post by kyrakim » Fri, 16 Sep 2016 12:54 am

When the equipment breaks down, who is responsible for paying for the repair cost? Tenant or landlord? Not too sure if there is an insurance policy to cover this portion

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: Aircon servicing every 3 months - Tenant Pay?

Post by ecureilx » Fri, 16 Sep 2016 9:19 am

kyrakim wrote:When the equipment breaks down, who is responsible for paying for the repair cost? Tenant or landlord? Not too sure if there is an insurance policy to cover this portion
General Tenancy agreements will have something like up to 100 $ is by tenant. Above 100$ is by landlord

But a lot of landlords will read it as first 100$ Tenant, anything above - landlord.

So if cost Is 110$, you pay 100$, LL pays 10$.

And shockingly most repairs will cost about 100$ - especially if the technician is appointed by LL.

I don't know if insurances will cover air con but fixing the agreement should be priority than taking responsibility for a fixture that belongs to the house / LL.

kyrakim

Post by kyrakim » Sun, 18 Sep 2016 12:28 am

Thanks for info.My Tenancy agreement did not mention about breakdown and repair and my agent told me most of the appliance shall be cover by product gurantee. I heard from my friend when product guarantee expires the user or tenant shall be liable for any damages or breakdown.Just keeping my fingers crossed.

Louis_

Post by Louis_ » Thu, 23 Apr 2020 3:32 pm

depends on what kind of servicing, if maintenance, i think 3-6 mths?.. I usually only stick to tis 2 https://smartcool.sg/ & https://sg.repairsifu.com/aircon-service/ been used for long..