Singapore Expats

Recruiter/Talent positions

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
BBCWatcher
Editor
Editor

Re: Recruiter/Talent positions

Post by BBCWatcher » Tue, 23 Aug 2016 6:03 pm

Some of those pests are getting very, very smart. ;)

Wd40
Director
Director
Answers: 1

Post by Wd40 » Thu, 25 Aug 2016 8:16 pm

Until now recruiters were worried about getting EPs for candidates. Now we have a situation where the recruiters are worried about their own visas getting renewed. I wonder though why so many recruiters are foreigners. These jobs can be easily replaced by locals.

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 25 Aug 2016 9:19 pm

Well, I was in the industry for 10 years from 1994 to 2004. I was a niche engineering headhunter primarily servicing the O&G, Pharma,Refining industries along with heavy construction/civils (but not buildings). I did work for a search company that did all but I was the only one who did international recruitment. The rest of the staff with a few notable exceptions were revolving door employees. It is the same in virtually all agencies here. Most Singaporeans only take up recruitment when they cannot find anything else at that particular time between jobs. As soon as they find something else, they be gone! Recruitment here has a very bad name and a lot of the foreigners here are bending a lot of rules and it's only a matter of time before they are found out. Most of the foreign recruiters here seem to be Indians (sorry Wd, but you and I both know it's a fact :-/ ). I'm not quite sure why, other the my personal ideas. Which not fit for print as it's as illegal as it is crappy.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

NZinSG
Regular
Regular

Post by NZinSG » Thu, 25 Aug 2016 10:27 pm

I've only spoken to local recruiters :/ I called them from the posted ads.

If it's true that they use recruitment as a short-term job, then no wonder they don't care.

systengr

Post by systengr » Wed, 14 Sep 2016 11:41 pm

What is the rules to get job in Singapore from out side Singapore?

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: Recruiter/Talent positions

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 15 Sep 2016 8:02 am

systengr wrote:What is the rules to get job in Singapore from out side Singapore?
RTF ?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 15 Sep 2016 12:12 pm

You have to find a company who is willing to hire you. They will apply for your employment pass. You cannot apply for an employment pass by yourself, it HAS to be done by a company or agency.

Looking for a job? Try online employment agencies like Jobstreet, Jobsdb, monster.com and so forth. Also, have a look at the following site.

www.mom.gov.sg
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

systengr

Post by systengr » Thu, 15 Sep 2016 12:31 pm

ok thanks