Singapore Expats

Philippines president insults Obama

Discuss about any latest news or current affairs in Singapore or globally. Please DO NOT copy and paste news articles from other sources without written permission.
menudown
Chatter
Chatter

Philippines president insults Obama

Post by menudown » Tue, 06 Sep 2016 10:22 am

He described Obama as a “son of a b***h”. Whoever you are especially when you are a leader of a country, you should know how to speak and should be a role model. :lol:

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Re: Philippines president insults Obama

Post by Strong Eagle » Tue, 06 Sep 2016 11:23 am

The Donald Trump of the Philippines.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/ ... -son-whore

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: Philippines president insults Obama

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 06 Sep 2016 11:40 am

Strong Eagle wrote:The Donald Trump of the Philippines.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/ ... -son-whore
He insisted the US president refrain from bringing up human rights issues.

President Obama said something like NO.

And the Philippine guy said if he has to discuss Human rights issues, it will be like two pigs in mud... and some more colorful words. That's what I see In the local Philippines news.

No need to say President Duterte is DT of Asia.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Philippines president insults Obama

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 06 Sep 2016 11:41 am

menudown wrote:He described Obama as a “son of a b***h”. Whoever you are especially when you are a leader of a country, you should know how to speak and should be a role model. Image
When US insists they want to lecture Philippines on human rights ....

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 06 Sep 2016 12:39 pm

Yeah, gotta admit, It's like the pot calling the kettle black. Sometimes Obama should just keep his nose out of somebody else's business. He could do better by sweeping off his own back step. After all, he's got a twerking, drug smoking daughter as well and it seems he cannot control her as soon as she gets away from her minders. Guess it just a case of like father like daughter.

SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Post by Barnsley » Tue, 06 Sep 2016 1:01 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Yeah, gotta admit, It's like the pot calling the kettle black. Sometimes Obama should just keep his nose out of somebody else's business. He could do better by sweeping off his own back step. After all, he's got a twerking, drug smoking daughter as well and it seems he cannot control her as soon as she gets away from her minders. Guess it just a case of like father like daughter.

Its perfectly legal in some states in the US , and will probably be in most places in a few years.

Don't see what the issue is myself.
Life is short, paddle harder!!

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 06 Sep 2016 3:28 pm

Barnsley wrote: Its perfectly legal in some states in the US , and will probably be in most places in a few years.

Don't see what the issue is myself.
A lot of medical professionals still believe it's an addictive...

Anyway. This is what The Philippine President said ...

http://www.mb.com.ph/full-transcript-pr ... ept-5-2016

menudown
Chatter
Chatter

Post by menudown » Tue, 06 Sep 2016 4:18 pm

anyway he expressed his regrets..while he is concern about the drug threats his country is facing, he seems to be a sensitive guy who doesn’t want a lecture and won’t respond well to critics and condemn... after all he may hv realised he needs US help to defend his country’s interests in the South China Sea

Strong Eagle

Post by Strong Eagle » Tue, 06 Sep 2016 9:37 pm

I am amazed at the number of people who support Duterte's words. I am particularly galled at your comparison, SMS, for it is completely unwarranted.

In a peaceful society, issues are resolved through the use of words, not guns, no matter which side of the table you are on. Words as uttered Duterte bring nothing to resolution of issues, only divisiveness, and that is why I liken this man to Trump.

Duterte could simply have said, "We are combatting a major scourge and do not appreciate external meddling in our affairs."

No name calling, no drawing a line in the sand. Duterte behaves like a 10 year old.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 07 Sep 2016 7:36 am

Strong Eagle wrote: Duterte could simply have said, "We are combatting a major scourge and do not appreciate external meddling in our affairs."
Actually that's what he said before Obama insisted he will bring up Human rights issues ... ;) Duterte said he is answerable to the Filipinos who voted him in, and not to anybody, and in the course of his press meet reminded the US never apologised for the Moro massacre.

In any case, the media had blamed the Philippine president's outburst for the meeting being cancelled - turns out that wasn't the case. And for that matter, Duterte owned up and apologized if his talk was misunderstood.

There is a strong lobby to get rid of Duterte, by the entrenched oligarchs of Philippines, who als control the media, and as they say, whatever he says gets spun 3 different ways.

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Wed, 07 Sep 2016 1:57 pm

Yeah well cut off the US foreign aid and tell this idiot to begin expanding his navy and airforce to defend himself from China. The idiot has no comprehension of world affairs.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 07 Sep 2016 5:05 pm

http://www.liberalamerica.org/2016/09/0 ... ally-said/

My Filipino SiL also agrees with this interpretation as well.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 07 Sep 2016 6:02 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:http://www.liberalamerica.org/2016/09/0 ... ally-said/

My Filipino SiL also agrees with this interpretation as well.
I am in Philippines and 2 channels - which aren't pro Duterte -say he cursed President Obama and the rest, including CNN Philippines - were like, he just got angry and didn't direct his curse words at President Obama.

And before Hillary's advice to put Philippines in their place and not meet Duterte and all came, the local channels reported the meeting between US and PH was rescheduled to another date.

Duterte is having other serious issues at home.

Strong Eagle

Post by Strong Eagle » Wed, 07 Sep 2016 9:26 pm

PNGMK wrote:Yeah well cut off the US foreign aid and tell this idiot to begin expanding his navy and airforce to defend himself from China. The idiot has no comprehension of world affairs.
There is quite a bit of talk going about that Duterte is causing a great deal of anti-American sentiment, driving apart long standing allies, at a time when China's expansionism is a problem for the entire area.

In addition to having a foul mouth, the man is as clueless as Trump when it comes to understanding foreign policy matters.

TMD
Chatter
Chatter

Post by TMD » Wed, 07 Sep 2016 10:29 pm

Meanwhile earlier today at the ASEAN summit in Laos..
Must add this is the first time I see Duterte in full business suit. :mrgreen: