Singapore Expats

PR chances for Japanese

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: PR chances for Japanese

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 31 Aug 2016 10:47 am

Strong Eagle wrote:
That shoots your theory of him being dishonest or, not above board all to shit, doesn't it BBCW.

This is your last warning. If you persist in this nonsense, I am going to ban you from posting. Capiche?
Do give him a break.

For the sake of completeness, BBCw likes to quote the most terrifying and impossible scenarios ...

Like when somebody says I wanna marry a foreigner his replies will include worst case scenarios like how the husband could be possibly banned from visiting Singapore, followed by suggestions to park the husband in Malaysia or Indonesia and do conjugal visits ... ;) and then expound the advantages of sinking money into MM2H, with money the couple doesn't have ...

And then a serious suggestion for the couple to seriously plan on moving to Transylvania, and delivering the children there, where tax benefits for CPF balances and such are unbeatable!!
Last edited by ecureilx on Wed, 31 Aug 2016 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Wed, 31 Aug 2016 10:53 am

ecureilx wrote:Do give him a break.
I've given him all the breaks he is going to get.

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Re: PR chances for Japanese

Post by Strong Eagle » Wed, 31 Aug 2016 10:54 am

BBCWatcher wrote:
Strong Eagle wrote:
(b) If truthful, and out of an abundance of caution, add a word to your "Director" title in your PR application. If you are the "Sales Director," say so. If you are the "Regional Director," say so. Won't hurt, might help.
You once again mislead and suggest that he lie.
OK, I must ask: do you have any English language proficiency? I've tried sub-third grade English, I've tried middle school level English, and I've tried secondary school level English. Nothing seems to work with you.

If he is the Sales Director, Managing Director, Regional Director, Sales and Marketing Director...whatever is the truth, I recommend that he be precise and use his full title.

The "Director," full stop, literally means he's the only director. If he is -- if that's the truth -- then so be it. (In that event, I might recommend he not apply for PR.) If it isn't the truth, then I suggest he tell the truth and use his full title. Please note: JunJun1993 never posted that he is the only director. He never used the definite article "the." I don't know whether he is the only director or not. I try to avoid drawing conclusions without evidence.

Complicated? No, one wouldn't think so. Controversial? Shouldn't be!

I have literally, repeatedly, explicitly told him to tell the truth, the full truth. And you've questioned otherwise? Are you telling him to prevaricate? (Look up that word in a dictionary if you need to.) I don't get it!

Have you ever been assessed for your English language proficiency? At what level?
Three strikes. You're out.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 31 Aug 2016 11:02 am

I have just about had it. By you adding the superlatives you are insinuating that maybe the poster isn't telling the truth. This is a forum and not a freaking courtroom. There is a lot you aren't getting. Using the word Director is correct. Even if he isn't the only Director, it is still correct in the legal sense that it is being used. This is an SME and not a bank where every Tom, Hairy, Dick are director of this, that and some other position in the company but has absolutely no fiduciary responsibility at all. When a businessman uses the word director it mean Director and suggesting that the poster doesn't know what he's talking about makes you look like a right royal arse. I would suggest you back off. This isn't an English contest. If it were I'd win for the worst, but at least the posters can understand me. You are just creating confusion that the rest of us are getting damned tired of having to straighten out with the posters off line after you have confused them and called them liars by insinuation. There shouldn't be any need to even think that, let alone insinuate it.

SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Addadude
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Post by Addadude » Wed, 31 Aug 2016 11:34 am

I pointed a Japanese colleague who's also thinking of applying for PR towards this thread. Thanks to BBC's efforts, I'm pretty sure they're more confused now than they were before...
"Both politicians and nappies need to be changed regularly, and for the same reasons."

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 31 Aug 2016 12:01 pm

Addadude wrote:Thanks to BBC's efforts, I'm pretty sure they're more confused now than they were before...
Or extremely enlightened? ;)

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Post by Mad Scientist » Wed, 31 Aug 2016 6:30 pm

Thanks Mods : Now you see my point of him confusing everyone.
He has no bloody clue on what goes down on the ground and he consumed everything from Mr Google and spewed it like water cannon to whoever ask for it. This is absolutely wrong
He puts himself like a fountain of knowledge which he is not.
Things that ,god forbids, he has not even gone through in life , he likes to dabble with.
I akin him to the iguana that I caught on the sniper range. Tied the tail on the pole and let it runs in circles until it gets dizzy before we put a bullet in its head
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Thu, 01 Sep 2016 12:54 pm

Mad Scientist wrote: I akin him to the iguana that I caught on the sniper range. Tied the tail on the pole and let it runs in circles until it gets dizzy before we put a bullet in its head
cruel... :(
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late