Singapore Expats

Moving back to SG after 12 years

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Moving back to SG after 12 years

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 30 Aug 2016 9:18 pm

Luxmee wrote: Thanks for the info! I really appreciate it. So just curious, is there a reason why SG is really tightening things up with foreign job applicants? Are they solely looking for high income earning foreigners or just restricting most of them in general?
You, As a citizen, should take any scare of tightening terribly impacting you, with a shovel of salt. (That's my disagreement... ) ;)

The country, after allowing all to move with very limited controls, started limiting intake of all forms, including "work passes ... ", post 2010 or so. Though the pass tightening has been increased in the last two years +.

PS, have you checked if your SO has any skeletons in the closet ? Image

BBCWatcher
Editor
Editor

Re: Moving back to SG after 12 years

Post by BBCWatcher » Wed, 31 Aug 2016 10:03 am

Ecureilx, I don't know who you're disagreeing with. Luxmee is a Singaporean citizen and has an unqualified right of entry, stay, and employment in Singapore. Nobody wrote otherwise.

Her SO does not have those same rights, and marriage (to Luxmee) improves the odds of his entry, stay, and/or employment in Singapore. Marriage does not "ensure" his entry, stay, and/or employment in Singapore. A favorable Pre-Marriage LTVP Assessment result (followed by marriage and relocation to Singapore within one year of the assessment) provides the maximum possible assurance in the circumstances, although still not quite 100%.

Do you disagree with any of that? If you do, what specifically do you disagree with?

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: Moving back to SG after 12 years

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 31 Aug 2016 10:35 am

BBCWatcher wrote:Ecureilx, I don't know who you're disagreeing with. Luxmee is a Singaporean citizen and has an unqualified right of entry, stay, and employment in Singapore. Nobody wrote otherwise.
Right, thanks for clarifying that important piece of obvious information.
BBCWatcher wrote: Her SO does not have those same rights, and marriage (to Luxmee) improves the odds of his entry, stay, and/or employment in Singapore. Marriage does not "ensure" his entry, stay, and/or employment in Singapore. A favorable Pre-Marriage LTVP Assessment result (followed by marriage and relocation to Singapore within one year of the assessment) provides the maximum possible assurance in the circumstances, although still not quite 100%.
Right. Image

Oh, do please Continue your noble work, with your scary caring.

BBCWatcher
Editor
Editor

Re: RE: Re: Moving back to SG after 12 years

Post by BBCWatcher » Wed, 31 Aug 2016 10:41 am

ecureilx wrote:Right. Image

Oh, do please Continue your noble work, with your scary caring.
OK, so you have no disagreement, correct?

Do you have any personal experience with international marriage -- marriage to a spouse with a different citizenship from your own?

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Moving back to SG after 12 years

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 31 Aug 2016 10:58 am

BBCWatcher wrote: Do you have any personal experience with international marriage -- marriage to a spouse with a different citizenship from your own?
If your question is meant to confuse me, let me say, YES, and I have a dozen plus very close friends with spouses from SEA and elsewhere. Plus a lot of ground work to see what's going on with your theories...

Though don't recall any with an Aussie connection.. so you could be right.

So how about you ?

What makes you the authority to say you are always right and others wrong ? Do explain.

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Re: Moving back to SG after 12 years

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Wed, 31 Aug 2016 3:02 pm

Hi Luxmee

is your name a twist of the Indian name Lakshmi? while ignoring the white noise from the above posters, i'd just like to extend my welcome to you on these boards,hope you will stick around a post a bit more. you'll find some of the regular posters arguing vehemently over various things.
what kind of music are you into ?
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late