Singapore Expats

Employment pass being delayed

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Employment pass being delayed

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 14 Aug 2016 12:50 am

Sounds like your employer hasn't even bothered to make an application for you. Application responses are always there, but left pending forever. Maybe you want to look for another potential employer or ask for a copy of the application submitted online.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

vinuz

Post by vinuz » Sun, 14 Aug 2016 11:06 am

The application is not submitted by my employer. I am yet to get the job Advt copy from my HR guys to submit it as part of the visa process.

Since I have been there in SG 5 years back with a EP, will my application be treated as fresh or will the process be slightly faster?

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: Employment pass being delayed

Post by ecureilx » Sun, 14 Aug 2016 12:33 pm

vinuz wrote:The application is not submitted by my employer. I am yet to get the job Advt copy from my HR guys to submit it as part of the visa process.

Since I have been there in SG 5 years back with a EP, will my application be treated as fresh or will the process be slightly faster?
Depending on where you are from (just rumours..) you may be subject to extra scrutiny and longer processing time.

vinuz

Post by vinuz » Sun, 14 Aug 2016 2:48 pm

Kewl...so let me wait and continue with the current work here. Thanks Guys.

Sent from my vivo Y31L using Tapatalk

kevscool

Post by kevscool » Sun, 21 Aug 2016 5:16 pm

88 days...

61 days excluding weekends and holidays.

Wd40
Director
Director
Answers: 1

Post by Wd40 » Sun, 21 Aug 2016 11:59 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Sounds like your employer hasn't even bothered to make an application for you. Application responses are always there, but left pending forever. Maybe you want to look for another potential employer or ask for a copy of the application submitted online.
Sounds like his employer is Cognizant, HCL, Infy, TCS or likes of them Image

When they said quite a number of existing applications are yet to get a response, they meant from his company. So I guess his company is trying to get some 40-50 guys on EP for various banking clients in SG and all are pending. So obviously it makes sense to wait on their outcome. Also in such situation, the company itself will prioritize which person and which client is more important to be in Singapore v/s offshore.

So times have really changed. I think MoM have achieved what they wanted. They have made companies think twice before anyhow apply EP and get people here.

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk

vinuz

Post by vinuz » Thu, 25 Aug 2016 10:22 pm

Lol so true :)

Sent from my vivo Y31L using Tapatalk

subashgk007
Regular
Regular

Post by subashgk007 » Mon, 29 Aug 2016 2:23 am

True..:D

Alfred1994

Post by Alfred1994 » Mon, 29 Aug 2016 8:18 pm

Hi, may i ask whether the prestige of the firm (If the firm is a huge firm) will influence the application of the EP? I am korean and is being offered of a pay of 3.4k from a big firm as an accountant, but i am still not able to pass the EP eligibility on the Self Assessment Tool on the MOM website...
My firm requested if i can work for them in the meantime the pass is being processed, and i am worried that i might work for nothing when the rejection status come back..

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 29 Aug 2016 9:00 pm

Alfred1994 wrote:Hi, may i ask whether the prestige of the firm (If the firm is a huge firm) will influence the application of the EP? I am korean and is being offered of a pay of 3.4k from a big firm as an accountant, but i am still not able to pass the EP eligibility on the Self Assessment Tool on the MOM website...
My firm requested if i can work for them in the meantime the pass is being processed, and i am worried that i might work for nothing when the rejection status come back..
Working without an IPA or pass is illegal.

Some times the size of the firm matters but ....some large companies have a large proportion of foreign staff and may not be seen as Singaporean friendly by MOM.

Ask them to raise the salary, if they need your expertise.

Alfred1994

Post by Alfred1994 » Mon, 29 Aug 2016 9:09 pm

Hmm damn i didnt know that might be the case, because most of the staff in that dept are koreans..

it is kinda hard to ask for a raise in salary, because this is my first job haha. Also, in the Self assessment tool online it states i need 4.1k to be eligible.. The system online is flawed man..

May i also ask, if the application were to be rejected, and my firm appeals with notes stating that they actually need me (Because i speak korean) because many of their clients are koreans, does it actually help with the application as well?

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Mon, 29 Aug 2016 9:17 pm

Alfred1994 wrote:Hmm damn i didnt know that might be the case, because most of the staff in that dept are koreans..

it is kinda hard to ask for a raise in salary, because this is my first job haha. Also, in the Self assessment tool online it states i need 4.1k to be eligible.. The system online is flawed man..
No... the system is not flawed. Rightly or wrongly, the government has decided that firms in Singapore are hiring too many foreigners at wages that are too low. If you are needed as much as you say you are then the company will have to prove it up by paying you more. The company you work for is probably already on MoM's radar for paying too low.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 29 Aug 2016 11:56 pm

And for having too many foreigners as well, as according to him most in his department are Koreans as well.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

x9200

Post by x9200 » Tue, 30 Aug 2016 5:41 am

Must be also a damn prestigious firm trying to get somebody to work illegally even for a short time.

Wd40
Director
Director
Answers: 1

Post by Wd40 » Tue, 30 Aug 2016 8:32 am

Wow, so now we will have people born in 1994 work alongside us. Time moves fast.

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk