Singapore Expats

Advice Needed - PR Application with spouse

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
codkxie

Advice Needed - PR Application with spouse

Post by codkxie » Sat, 09 Jan 2016 4:16 pm

Hi,

I am Malaysian Chinese working in Singapore for 2 years with salary 4.4K. EP holder.

My wife Malaysian Chinese as well is working in Singapore for 1 year with salary 4.5K. EP holder.

I had booked a slot on February 2016 to apply the PR under my Fin No. I booked a slot with 2 people.

Does it mean that we can no longer submit our application separately? (I will call to the hotline to ask, but hope to get some quick answer here). She didn't book any slot under her FIN number. We are thinking to submit separately.

If we apply PR together, does it mean that if master applicant is going to convert SC, the spouse will follow and can't remains as PR?

Thanks for the advice in advance.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Advice Needed - PR Application with spouse

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 09 Jan 2016 4:21 pm

Don't put the cart before the horse. Getting PR is one thing. Getting SC is another. If both are PRs, both do not need to apply for SC, however, I would think filing singly for SC would be counterproductive as the first question I would ask, if I were an ICA officer is why aren't both filing for SC? Is it because you want your children, when born, to have dual citizenship just in case one is a male and will be subject to NS? Your odds are definitely diminished I would think.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

codkxie

Post by codkxie » Sat, 09 Jan 2016 4:34 pm

NS is definitely not even part of the concern. I personally think that it is good exposure for youngster.
It is more to retirement planning (as most of the Malaysian will do).

So if filing PR application together will close the chance to file individual SC application, then we may need to discuss and decide which path to take.

So just seek for advice so that we can do long term planning.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 09 Jan 2016 4:52 pm

If you are not fully committed as a family, I would bother to apply at all. Not saying it will close the opportunity, but I am saying it may well be counterproductive. But the ICA officer might get up on the right side of the bed that particular morning. ;-)
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

codkxie

Post by codkxie » Fri, 26 Aug 2016 4:54 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:If you are not fully committed as a family, I would bother to apply at all. Not saying it will close the opportunity, but I am saying it may well be counterproductive. But the ICA officer might get up on the right side of the bed that particular morning. ;-)
Hi SMS, thanks for the advice and our pr application approved after 6 months of waiting.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 26 Aug 2016 10:14 am

codkxie wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:If you are not fully committed as a family, I would bother to apply at all. Not saying it will close the opportunity, but I am saying it may well be counterproductive. But the ICA officer might get up on the right side of the bed that particular morning. ;-)
Hi SMS, thanks for the advice and our pr application approved after 6 months of waiting.
Congratulations are in order. :-) Did you apply as a family? (I'm assuming that "our pr" means family)

codkxie

Post by codkxie » Fri, 26 Aug 2016 12:26 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
codkxie wrote:
Congratulations are in order. :-) Did you apply as a family? (I'm assuming that "our pr" means family)

Yes We apply as a family to avoid complication. :-)

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 26 Aug 2016 1:28 pm

Image :-)