Singapore Expats

Unpleasant Stay experience is Singapore!!!!!!

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
Mollythekitten

Unpleasant Stay experience is Singapore!!!!!!

Post by Mollythekitten » Mon, 22 Aug 2016 1:20 pm

Hello guys, i want to share my worst experience of staying in Singapore. And i tried to warn you all, to be aware of this apartment i lived in.

So beginning of this year, i move to an old apartment named Moro Mansions at Paya Lebar. At first i really like this place because it's near with the MRT station and the place is very convenient. But then, problem arises when i start to bring my boyfriend here :cry: :cry: , i know the house rules stated that we cannot bring people to stay overnight except our family, and that time i broke the rules. Because guys, this is Singapore, my previous house do not have any of this ridiculous rules, we can bring our boyfriend to stay in as long as we do not disturb other tenants O:) O:) .

But here, in my new apartment, even my friends, are not allowed to visit me. How ridiculous is that? :x Then after i got a warning from the agent, i stopped bringing my boyfriend here. But, another problem arises because some tenant complaints to the agent that i fry food. The thing is, i only fry some egg, not even once a week. And i already asked to the agent, he only said this "just reduce to fry food, and clean after you finish. as long as you did not disturb other tenants", he never told me that i cannot fry food.

Besides, frying egg is not disturbing other tenants and its not smelly as well. So i protest to the agent, who is this tenant who always complaint about my action, but he refuse to told me of course. I knew since the beginning, that this lady that stay just besides my room is the main problem. Every movement i do, she complaints everything to the agent and making me the bad guys here. I mean, why she event disturb me? If she did not like me, i'm okay with that, but just stay away from me. I pay my rent here, i do not live here for free. I pay for everything you know, why she even bothered? And today, i'm cooking for my lunch, i fry egg, again, and really, eggs don't have any burnt smell or anything, but she again complaint, directly to me, i just said that the agent told me i can fry, but not too often. :x :x :x :x :x You go ahead ask him, because i still have his messages. Then she rushed, go to her room and call my agent, right away! I waited for 5 minutes but my agent never message me anything about me frying egg. I went out of my room, and i asked her, wether she already ask him about that or not. And she said "he told me that you cannot fry egg", i'm so mad and i scold her, i saw her the messages that the agent sent me. Then we argued and yell at each other, suddenly she said things that makes me shocked "we all know who you are, you just won't admit it. we searched for other tenants from a long time ago without you knowing, we know that you cooked heavy, and you still bring your boyfriend and sent him away early in the morning. you think we don't know?" i'm so shocked why did she know all the details, means that she either stalked me or peeking on me. :mad: :mad: And i think, what i do is my privacy, it is not her business to tag along with my activities or my life. How about if you experienced the same thing as mine? I admit that i am wrong as well, but i never disturb anyone, i'm quiet at night, i also rarely stayed home because my schedule is tight every month. And, are they allowed to find other tenants without me knowing?? That's ridiculous.

When i asked her, "did i disturb you? can you say when do i disturb you? even when i cooked fry egg, it don't smell bad and did not smelled to your clothes. and when i bring my boyfriend we never talked too loud until we make you can't sleep, what else do i do that disturb you so much? just live your own life and let me live my life. don't disturb me again." i really hate here because she disturb other people privacy, why can't she lived her life peacefully.

What should i do with this problem? Please give me an honest opinion. And any of you guys know, whether owner and agents can searched for other tenants, without me knowing it? Thanks guys for reading my story. Hope you all won't experience bad things like mine.

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Re: Unpleasant Stay experience is Singapore!!!!!!

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Mon, 22 Aug 2016 2:17 pm

1.What does your tenancy agreement say with regards to bringing people over?
2. What does your tenancy agreement say w.r.t cooking food in the apartment?
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late

Mollythekitten

Post by Mollythekitten » Mon, 22 Aug 2016 3:31 pm

Nothing inside the agreement said about bringing people or frying things. It only said about deposit, and such things. And it also stated that we need to remain the premises clean, and not causing inconvenience to other people. That time i already told the agent, that i don't feel convinient staying there and i want my deposit back. But he still blame me for what i do. Anyway, i never disturb anyone. She cause inconvenient for herself. So tired of this agent and tenants thing:(

okonu
Regular
Regular

Post by okonu » Mon, 22 Aug 2016 3:33 pm

Life is too short. Hand in your notice and move to somewhere that is cooking & boyfriend friendly

menudown
Chatter
Chatter

Post by menudown » Mon, 22 Aug 2016 3:57 pm

okonu wrote:Life is too short. Hand in your notice and move to somewhere that is cooking & boyfriend friendly
there are place where they allow light cooking.. not sure about bringing boyfriend over to stay

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: Unpleasant Stay experience is Singapore!!!!!!

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 22 Aug 2016 4:39 pm

menudown wrote:
okonu wrote:Life is too short. Hand in your notice and move to somewhere that is cooking & boyfriend friendly
there are place where they allow light cooking.. not sure about bringing boyfriend over to stay
Lot of kiasu landlords fear about over crowding, so while it may sound silly, they have the right to say no visitors staying over.

I think OP needs to find a boyfriend who has his own pad for romance ;)

Mollythekitten

Post by Mollythekitten » Mon, 22 Aug 2016 5:48 pm

Few months ago i message my agent, i told him that i want my deposit back because i don't like staying there and some tenant make me incovenient. But he never believed me and always blame me for what i do, he told me i can move out but they won't give me the deposit back. What i knew is, that agent is suppose to deal with what customers want instead of the opposite. He got fees because of customers too, but now he's planning to kick me out by finding other tenants on internet without noticing me anything. What a crazy agent

Mollythekitten

Post by Mollythekitten » Mon, 22 Aug 2016 6:01 pm

ecureilx wrote:
menudown wrote:
Lot of kiasu landlords fear about over crowding, so while it may sound silly, they have the right to say no visitors staying over.

I think OP needs to find a boyfriend who has his own pad for romance ;)

Oooo i see. I'm okay with the rules, and we can find somewhere else to romance :lol: the thing is that this lady, disturb my privacy. She knew every single thing i do, she knew i sent my boyfriend home early in the morning at 6am. Who awakes at that time? She knew i have beef inside my fridge, she knew i have this and that, she told me directly, that she knew everything i do. That is so creepy, because i don't know what she do. How can she know my activities, if she is not stalking me? She's 100%, mentally ill. If any of you saw an ads for this room rental, just don't live here, it's a real nightmare #-o

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Unpleasant Stay experience is Singapore!!!!!!

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 22 Aug 2016 6:32 pm

Mollythekitten wrote: Oooo i see. I'm okay with the rules, and we can find somewhere else to romance Image the thing is that this lady, disturb my privacy. She knew every single thing i do, she knew i sent my boyfriend home early in the morning at 6am. Who awakes at that time? She knew i have beef inside my fridge, she knew i have this and that, she told me directly, that she knew everything i do. That is so creepy, because i don't know what she do. How can she know my activities, if she is not stalking me? She's 100%, mentally ill. If any of you saw an ads for this room rental, just don't live here, it's a real nightmare #-o
Well, you should have moved into your boyfriends place ;)

Ever heard of CCTV with motion detector ? One of them at the door will let the landlord know if strangers are dropping by, at night!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 22 Aug 2016 9:47 pm

So, in spite of the rules, you continued to keep heavy cooking and bringing your boyfriends home at night when you though noone would be the wiser, eh? Well CCTVs can be discreetly mounted in the hall/kitchen and have a view to the door(s) and kitchen areas. It sounds, to me, like you got everything you deserved. You were told the rules, were admonished, and then continued to break the rules. You told the LL you didn't want to stay and you wanted your deposit back (broken leases don't get your money back, sorry) and then you wonder why the LL is advertising for new tenants. Personally I think you should return to Indonesia or wherever you are from as you are not suitable for Singapore as you obviously don't think there is anything wrong with breaking rules.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Mon, 22 Aug 2016 11:10 pm

^^^
What SMS said..! They keep telling you its NOT okay to bring people over, and you still continue to get your boyfriend, my question is what part of that dont you understand?
And boil eggs, it wont smell.
Ideal suggestion is to move out to another place.
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late

Mollythekitten

Post by Mollythekitten » Tue, 23 Aug 2016 12:44 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:So, in spite of the rules, you continued to keep heavy cooking and bringing your boyfriends home at night when you though noone would be the wiser, eh? Well CCTVs can be discreetly mounted in the hall/kitchen and have a view to the door(s) and kitchen areas. It sounds, to me, like you got everything you deserved. You were told the rules, were admonished, and then continued to break the rules. You told the LL you didn't want to stay and you wanted your deposit back (broken leases don't get your money back, sorry) and then you wonder why the LL is advertising for new tenants. Personally I think you should return to Indonesia or wherever you are from as you are not suitable for Singapore as you obviously don't think there is anything wrong with breaking rules.
Nope, i never stated in my topics that i do heaving cooking. I only said that i fry egg, and it consider as light cooking. And, i also stopped bringing my boyfriend home after the agent give me a warning. I don't mind if they re list my room in the internet, but at least they can give me a notice, but they do this without my persmision, that means that this past few months, they do bring new tenant to looked inside my bedroom without my permission, and it is a serious problem. Besides that, this lady is disturbing other people privacy. I asked you, how if your privacy is distrubed by someone you don't even know? Owner have rights to kick out tenants when they do not pay rent for number of months, i already read everything about law and rules in Singapore because i lived here for almost 3 years. Frying egg is not a big deal anyway. But thanks for your honest opinion:)

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 23 Aug 2016 12:52 am

Mollythekitten wrote: Nope, i never stated in my topics that i do heaving cooking. I only said that i fry egg, and it consider as light cooking.
Last week I tried to convince my landlord cooking Fish cutlet Sri Lanka style, is light cooking.. he disagreed when he saw me assembling the ingredients :( :(

Honestly, if a land Lord says light cooking you must clarify it. For most, it means only instant coffee, noodles and heating in microwave.

And frying egg doesn't go well with light cooking.

Mollythekitten

Post by Mollythekitten » Tue, 23 Aug 2016 12:55 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:So, in spite of the rules, you continued to keep heavy cooking and bringing your boyfriends home at night when you though noone would be the wiser, eh? Well CCTVs can be discreetly mounted in the hall/kitchen and have a view to the door(s) and kitchen areas. It sounds, to me, like you got everything you deserved. You were told the rules, were admonished, and then continued to break the rules. You told the LL you didn't want to stay and you wanted your deposit back (broken leases don't get your money back, sorry) and then you wonder why the LL is advertising for new tenants. Personally I think you should return to Indonesia or wherever you are from as you are not suitable for Singapore as you obviously don't think there is anything wrong with breaking rules.
^^^^^^^^
Wait wait, how do you know where am i from? i never said that i'm from Indonesia. How do you know this? :-k :-k

Mollythekitten

Post by Mollythekitten » Tue, 23 Aug 2016 12:59 am

ecureilx wrote:
Mollythekitten wrote: Nope, i never stated in my topics that i do heaving cooking. I only said that i fry egg, and it consider as light cooking.
Last week I tried to convince my landlord cooking Fish cutlet Sri Lanka style, is light cooking.. he disagreed when he saw me assembling the ingredients :( :(

Honestly, if a land Lord says light cooking you must clarify it. For most, it means only instant coffee, noodles and heating in microwave.

And frying egg doesn't go well with light cooking.
Yeppp i clarified with the agent, since the landlord never talked to me from the beginning. He told me directly, if i only fry egg, it is allowed, even frying nuggets is allowed, but not too often since it will make the kitchen dirty. As long as i don't cook fried rice, or fried noodles stuff like that he said it's okay. Also, i rarely home, so i don't cook too often either. Anyway, next month i won't be here anymore. Finally after 8 months in jail :D :D