Singapore Expats

Long term visit pass application requirements

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
Trinakj07

Long term visit pass application requirements

Post by Trinakj07 » Thu, 18 Aug 2016 10:51 pm

Hi all! I am a filipina spouse of s pass holder. We are planning to apply for long term visit pass but unfortunately our marriage certificate is still in process. Do we need the marriage certificate as primary requirements in applying the pass or we can apply now while waiting for our marriage certificate. Anyway, i used my married name now in my philippine passport. Hope anyone can help us with this matter. Thankyou

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Long term visit pass application requirements

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 18 Aug 2016 11:02 pm

Trinakj07 wrote:Hi all! I am a filipina spouse of s pass holder. We are planning to apply for long term visit pass but unfortunately our marriage certificate is still in process. Do we need the marriage certificate as primary requirements in applying the pass or we can apply now while waiting for our marriage certificate. Anyway, i used my married name now in my philippine passport. Hope anyone can help us with this matter. Thankyou
Does the primary applicant earn more than 5k basic?

Yes, you need to submit the marriage certificate.

Do you have the NSO copy at least ?

Having your married name is immaterial ... the marriage certificate is required if you are applying as spouse.

Get the certificate and apply.

Trinakj07

Re: Long term visit pass application requirements

Post by Trinakj07 » Thu, 18 Aug 2016 11:07 pm

we are married in singapore and we registered it in Phil Embassy in singapore but the process is slow that is why we dont have the NSO copy yet, it is still in the DFA consular records.

His basic pay is 3k only.

BBCWatcher
Editor
Editor

Post by BBCWatcher » Fri, 19 Aug 2016 8:37 am

Trinakj07 is asking about a LTVP (not DP) on the basis of marriage. That's marriage to a Singaporean citizen or Permanent Resident, otherwise it wouldn't be a LTVP.(*) There is no published income minimum in this situation. Of course, more is better (for many reasons), but in this situation there's nothing magical about $5,000/month specifically. Details are available here, and note the conspicuous absence of a specific income threshold.

The EP or S Pass holder who wants his/her foreign spouse in Singapore currently needs to meet a specific fixed (not basic) monthly salary minimum of $5,000 in order to apply and for his/her spouse to be considered. And the EP/S Pass holder's employer lodges the application, so the employer's cooperation is required. However, that's a different situation involving a different pass (the Dependant's Pass). In that other situation (not Trinakj07's) a question about a $5K/month fixed (not basic) monthly salary would be germane.

I'm just reading what Trinakj07 wrote. If she's asking about some other situation not accurately reflected in what she wrote, then I assume she'll let us know in a followup post.

(*) With the possible exception of same sex marriages, but Trinakj07's post implies the marriage took place in a country without same sex marriages. I think we can rule out that possibility based on the original post, although here too Trinakj07 can let us know if she married a woman.

BBCWatcher
Editor
Editor

Post by BBCWatcher » Fri, 19 Aug 2016 9:01 am

Trinakj07, did you marry a (male) citizen or Permanent Resident? If you married a citizen, did you file for a Pre-Marriage LTVP Assessment from the ICA? If you filed for a PMLA, what was the result?

To apply for a LTVP, your spouse uses ICA's e-VPAA (citizen) or e-VP (PR) online system with his SingPass. If your marriage certificate is close to arriving (say, within 30 days), then he can try to apply online without your having the marriage certificate in hand. If the e-VPAA/e-VP online system allows that -- if it doesn't require uploading a scan of the marriage certificate -- great, he can apply online now. (I don't know if the online system has that requirement or not, but he can check easily enough.) However, ICA will probably want to see the original marriage certificate at some point (especially if the marriage occurred outside Singapore) and will contact him when they want to see it. Bear in mind that it's not free to apply, so even if e-VPAA/e-VP allows an application submission now, to avoid wasting money he shouldn't apply too far in advance of having the certificate in hand. Otherwise ICA could cancel the application, and he'd have to reapply (and pay the fee again).

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 19 Aug 2016 9:44 am

According to the OP, they got married in Singapore so I'm not sure what the hold up is. I assume that they got married at the ROM? If so, they would have walked out with the signed Marriage Certificate unless something has changed since I got married here.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

okonu
Regular
Regular

Post by okonu » Fri, 19 Aug 2016 10:03 am

My take is that the marriage cert is now with the PHP embassy for purposes of registering the marriage in the Philippines too.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: Long term visit pass application requirements

Post by ecureilx » Fri, 19 Aug 2016 10:20 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:According to the OP, they got married in Singapore so I'm not sure what the hold up is. I assume that they got married at the ROM? If so, they would have walked out with the signed Marriage Certificate unless something has changed since I got married here.
Correct, if they ROM'd.

It takes donkeys years if you marry in PH embassy, as It goes via a long route before the certificate is issued ..

If ROM, they don't need the embassy notice of marriage.
okonu wrote:My take is that the marriage cert is now with the PHP embassy for purposes of registering the marriage in the Philippines too.
Nope, if ROM, for re-registering in Philippines, embassy won't hold the original certificate. And the process is just 3 days, but the NSO copy, which they don't need to show to ICA - will take 5 months.
Trinakj07 wrote:we are married in singapore and we registered it in Phil Embassy in singapore but the process is slow that is why we dont have the NSO copy yet, it is still in the DFA consular records.

Married at ROM or embassy? If via embassy, wait.

Where in Philippines are you from ?

If his salary is 3K and S PASS, his application won't be accepted.

Unless you meant you are on S pass. Then what's he holding ? (That's for clarification... ).
Last edited by ecureilx on Fri, 19 Aug 2016 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Fri, 19 Aug 2016 10:26 am

BBCWatcher wrote:Trinakj07 is asking about a LTVP (not DP) on the basis of marriage. That's marriage to a Singaporean citizen or Permanent Resident, otherwise it wouldn't be a LTVP.(*) There is no published income minimum in this situation. Of course, more is better (for many reasons), but in this situation there's nothing magical about $5,000/month specifically. Details are available here, and note the conspicuous absence of a specific income threshold.

The EP or S Pass holder who wants his/her foreign spouse in Singapore currently needs to meet a specific fixed (not basic) monthly salary minimum of $5,000 in order to apply and for his/her spouse to be considered. And the EP/S Pass holder's employer lodges the application, so the employer's cooperation is required. However, that's a different situation involving a different pass (the Dependant's Pass). In that other situation (not Trinakj07's) a question about a $5K/month fixed (not basic) monthly salary would be germane.

I'm just reading what Trinakj07 wrote. If she's asking about some other situation not accurately reflected in what she wrote, then I assume she'll let us know in a followup post.

(*) With the possible exception of same sex marriages, but Trinakj07's post implies the marriage took place in a country without same sex marriages. I think we can rule out that possibility based on the original post, although here too Trinakj07 can let us know if she married a woman.
You may have stopped shorter than going on till you talk about same sex marriage. :(

Honestly, what's in name ? DP or LTVP, for those less enlightened... Mr perfectionist? No offence.

And no published salary for SC/PR? Yes and no. Or rather no comments.
Trinakj07 wrote:Hi all! I am a filipina spouse of s pass holder. We are planning to apply for long term visit pass but unfortunately our marriage certificate is still in process.
BBCWatcher wrote: (*) With the possible exception of same sex marriages, but Trinakj07's post implies the marriage took place in a country without same sex marriages. I think we can rule out that possibility based on the original post, although here too Trinakj07 can let us know if she married a woman.
That's how you confuse and offend people ...

A simple "can you clarify this ... " would have saved a lot of bandwidth + help get more relevant info.

I know, don't reply me, I am not the moderator or anybody you need to give a sh*t about ....

Oh, please, please, please. Now Don't start deciphering the Philippine embassy information!!!
Last edited by ecureilx on Fri, 19 Aug 2016 10:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Fri, 19 Aug 2016 10:31 am

BBCWatcher
Editor
Editor

Post by BBCWatcher » Fri, 19 Aug 2016 11:27 am

ecureilx wrote:That's how you confuse and offend people ...
It's certainly confusing when you leap to an assumption contradicted by the original poster herself in her original post then complain when somebody else politely corrects your error.

If Trinakj07 wants to apply for a DP rather than a LTVP, she'll let us know. But she asked about applying for a LTVP. So let's help her with that, OK?

....Anyway, Trinakj07, as mentioned upthread, the direct answer to your question is that if e-VPAA or e-VP (as applicable) doesn't require a marriage certificate, your (citizen or PR) husband can go ahead and lodge an online LTVP application for you to get the process started. However, since ICA will likely want to see the official marriage certificate at some point, and since lodging a LTVP application is not free, I recommend that he wait to file the application until no earlier than 30 days before you expect to have the marriage certificate in hand. Other posters have offered helpful comments on what ICA's "marriage certificate" expectations are.

If e-VPAA/e-VP requires something only from the marriage certificate (such as the certificate number), or a scan of the marriage certificate itself, then he'll have to wait. However, it would still be a good idea if he familiarizes himself with e-VPAA/e-VP. He can log onto the system with his SingPass now to see how it works but stop short of final payment/submission.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or need further clarification, and please keep us posted on your progress. Good luck.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Long term visit pass application requirements

Post by ecureilx » Fri, 19 Aug 2016 12:11 pm

BBCWatcher wrote: It's certainly confusing when you leap to an assumption contradicted by the original poster herself in her original post then complain when somebody else politely corrects your error.

If Trinakj07 wants to apply for a DP rather than a LTVP, she'll let us know. But she asked about applying for a LTVP. So let's help her with that, OK?
Agreed, I did say few times elsewhere, I am not that smart as you are, nor can I think of writing a extra long verbal retort just to prove my point and have the last word .. nor can I think of impossible scenarios.

So if OP is not a lesbian, why go on about ... never mind, you are the winner ...

Like your ultra useful PR Thread, would you consider making similar threads and posting the links for future posts than rehashing your maybes? Just a request. That will save bandwidth, keep threads clean ...

Oh, if I recall, you need a marriage certificate number even if you file online pass applications, number you won't get for a long time if the op registered at the embassy.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 19 Aug 2016 12:54 pm

Trinakj07 wrote:Hi all! I am a filipina spouse of s pass holder.
Trinakj07 wrote:we are married in singapore and we registered it in Phil Embassy in singapore but the process is slow that is why we dont have the NSO copy yet, it is still in the DFA consular records.

okonu wrote:My take is that the marriage cert is now with the PHP embassy for purposes of registering the marriage in the Philippines too.
1. I'm assuming both are from the Philippines and that is why they want to register it in the 'peens.

2. As it appears from the initial post, the spouse is an S pass holder and earning only 3K/mo. Therefore, Squirrel is correct on the $5K figure as below that an S pass holder cannot sponsor the spouse.

3. Therefore, IF the husband is a S pass holder earning 3K then the DP is out of the question and so is the LTVP (if it were a same sex marriage - which obviously it's not as they were married in Singapore). She (OP) has three choices.
a)Go back to the 'peens and wait for her husband to return after his contract is either finished or unable to be renewed.
b)Husband resign from his job and both return to the 'peens; or
c) Find a job here, on a work permit if necessary. But not as a maid as then they will still not be able to live together as she will have to stay either in a dormitory or in the employer's home (additionally I don't think normal WP is available for Filipinos). Hopefully she has some education to enable her to maybe find an S pass job herself.

The OP probably doesn't know anything regarding passes except hearsay and that's why she said LTVP. If she didn't know that the DP is only for work pass holder's dependents it's likely she didn't know the income requirements either. Frankly, I don't blame her for not coming back. One likes to write like he's talking to a class of MBAs and the other likes to poke in agitation. Our posters need to wade through all the BS. We need to understand that not all who come to this board are MBA holders and have excellent command of the English Language. doG knows I sure don't. Replying in meandering methods, picking up every little quirk in the laws only serves to confuse them. Crap, most came from the government websites where they got confused for the same reasons so they come here for short concise explanations to their very basic needs. They are not looking to get a diploma in the subject.

As you can see, the OP hasn't been back. You two could screw up a wet dream and really need to get a room together as you fight like a dysfunctional married couple. It's starting to get tiresome.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Fri, 19 Aug 2016 1:09 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote: 1. I'm assuming both are from the Philippines and that is why they want to register it in the 'peens. .
+, from what I have seen, a lot of Filipinos think Marrying in Singapore has benefits and then end up going via the embassy route, which is long drawn and can take six months or more to get it settled. Than the ROM -> embassy route, which is shorter.

Crap, most came from the government websites where they got confused for the same reasons so they come here for short concise explanations to their very basic needs. They are not looking to get a diploma in the subject. .
+1

As you can see, the OP hasn't been back. You two could screw up a wet dream and really need to get a room together as you fight like a dysfunctional married couple. It's starting to get tiresome.
Apologies

Trinakj07

Post by Trinakj07 » Fri, 26 Aug 2016 10:34 pm

Sorry for the late response to everyone. I am busy working here in the Philippines and so many workloads. Anyway, We got married in ROM, and registered it in Phil. Embassy. And i am just asking some requirements applying for the LTVP and it was done already, his company apply/sponsored the LTVP already. Waiting for the approval.

Thanks for the comments.
I am a degree holder then. Thanks