Singapore Expats

MRT Train Issues -

Discuss about any latest news or current affairs in Singapore or globally. Please DO NOT copy and paste news articles from other sources without written permission.
Barnsley
Manager
Manager

MRT Train Issues -

Post by Barnsley » Wed, 17 Aug 2016 11:03 am

Interesting angle from the minister...
Transport Minister Khaw Boon Wan admitted that the authorities could have been more forthcoming on the issue of the 26 defective SMRT trains.

“Sometimes in public comms, more info is better than less info,” Khaw told Parliament on Tuesday (16 August).
https://sg.news.yahoo.com/khaw-on-defec ... 43903.html

In my time in Singapore , the Govt has regularly said that too much information is not beneficial to the populous, especially when it comes to information that might have the public have a negative view of them.

Is the Govt about to embark on a new way of openness?
Life is short, paddle harder!!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: MRT Train Issues -

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 17 Aug 2016 5:01 pm

Nah! They have just learned that social media is bigger than they are and the ability of people to dig until they find a source or multiple sources and hackers can go even one step beyond that. Therefore is better to change your policy to a more transparent one rather than the out of sight out of mind attitude as there are people out there who make it their business to find out anything that they can use for leverage when carrying an axe to grind.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers