Singapore Expats

Stamped 30 Days Social Pass allowed - but return/departure date written on passport (per return ticket shown date)

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
yoshioka09

Stamped 30 Days Social Pass allowed - but return/departure date written on passport (per return ticket shown date)

Post by yoshioka09 » Mon, 15 Aug 2016 1:43 pm

Hello Singapore Expats community!

I've been here in Singapore since last June. I was able to extend my stay online for another 30 days thanks to the Online eXtend feature of ICA. After a total of almost 2 months in Singapore, I decided to extend my stay for another 30 days, that is why I decided to exit in Bintan, Indonesia and stayed there for 2 days and return to Singapore on the 2nd night.

There were no interrogations upon our arrival at Bintan, but the next day when we're supposed to return in Singapore, I was asked a few questions by the Immigration officer in SG. She asked why I intended to stay in SG for another 30 days so I answered here because I still have to attend several events related to my work in my home country. I bought a return ticket dated 7 days after our return in SG. She stamped my embarkation card 30 days allowed as well as my passport with that 30days permitted stamp, but the supposed departure date from my return ticket is written down on my passport, along that 30 day stamp.

Question, am I supposed to follow the original return date written on the passport or it's okay to spend the entire 30 days and tell them I changed plans or something happened that is why I wasn't able to come home on the original return date I showed them per my return ticket?

Thanks!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Stamped 30 Days Social Pass allowed - but return/departure date written on passport (per return ticket shown date)

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 15 Aug 2016 1:54 pm

I think you have been given fair warning. Should you change your flight again, I reckon they will probably ban you from returning for at least 6 months and maybe a lot longer than that. The ICA officer was probably just itching to pull you out if you told her you still had to attend several events related to work. I think you were lucky as if you have been attending work related stuff for two months already, then you should have been here on a business pass. I'd say you better be on that flight out of Singapore with any changes else you may find yourself not able to return for a while.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

yoshioka09

Re: Stamped 30 Days Social Pass allowed - but return/departure date written on passport (per return ticket shown date)

Post by yoshioka09 » Mon, 15 Aug 2016 2:07 pm

Hi sundaymorningstaple,

Thanks for your quick reply! I've been with several friends but we have different scenarios -

Person 1 is already hired but is waiting for his pass to be approved, what is the best thing he should do? (he also has the 7 day written note on his passport) but on embarkation, 30days is stamped.

Person 2 is trying to find a work here, what if he was able to find a work and get that spass/epass within that 30 days? Or should he be returning to his home country as well as per his return ticket?

Person 3 (me) is only attending events and meetups related to my work, there are still lots of events to attend to and people to meet, so there might be a possibility that I might not be able to follow the return ticket date. Would I be banned of enterning SG if I didn't follow my return date? Or I should follow what's written on my passport even though I am stamped with another 30 days?

Appreciate your fast responses!

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Stamped 30 Days Social Pass allowed - but return/departure date written on passport (per return ticket shown da

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 15 Aug 2016 2:10 pm

yoshioka09 wrote: Question, am I supposed to follow the original return date written on the passport or it's okay to spend the entire 30 days and tell them I changed plans or something happened that is why I wasn't able to come home on the original return date I showed them per my return ticket?

Thanks!
They stamp 30 days because they don't have stamp for 13 days or 23 days.

Since you have extended your stay as it is, it is wise to leave per your original ticket (which ICA would have also noted in their system).

You won't have problem leaving if you stay for the full 30 days but on your next entry you may be denied entry or given 7 days to stay.

Unless you have valid reasons like family etc, don't push your luck.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 15 Aug 2016 9:39 pm

^^^This.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

PaoloVincentJulian

Post by PaoloVincentJulian » Mon, 19 Aug 2019 12:06 am

Hi, how about my case, I was put on hold in the immigration office and was just told and given 14 days to stay. But she stamped my embarkation form and passport to be able to stay for 30 days. Could I stay for 30 days without having problems?

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 19 Aug 2019 12:19 am

PaoloVincentJulian wrote:
Mon, 19 Aug 2019 12:06 am
Hi, how about my case, I was put on hold in the immigration office and was just told and given 14 days to stay. But she stamped my embarkation form and passport to be able to stay for 30 days. Could I stay for 30 days without having problems?
How do you say given 14 days? If you are told eveb verbally to leave in 14 days, better to follow that. I am not sure, why people cannot follow instructions that have been given to them and always want to take the option that is BEST for them rather than following the rules/instructions that was told to them?

PaoloVincentJulian

Post by PaoloVincentJulian » Mon, 19 Aug 2019 12:25 am

singaporeflyer wrote:
Mon, 19 Aug 2019 12:19 am
How do you say given 14 days? If you are told eveb verbally to leave in 14 days, better to follow that. I am not sure, why people cannot follow instructions that have been given to them and always want to take the option that is BEST for them rather than following the rules/instructions that was told to them?
She made a mistake when she stamped my passport and she laughed and ask her co-worker and said that cannot remove that one, so I was just curious if there will be problems. I just wanted to bond with my family much longer.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 19 Aug 2019 12:16 pm

Mon, 19 Aug 2019 12:25 am
singaporeflyer wrote:
Mon, 19 Aug 2019 12:19 am
She made a mistake when she stamped my passport and she laughed and ask her co-worker and said that cannot remove that one, so I was just curious if there will be problems. I just wanted to bond with my family much longer.
Better to follow the 14 days that she verbally told you. If you wanted to really bond, etc why didnt you tell her when stamping?