Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.

Post by Guest » Tue, 21 Jun 2005 9:42 am

For those who went for the Silkair interview yesterday, any idea whether it is the last round of interview or are there more rounds coming up for us?

cieux

sq reply

Post by cieux » Tue, 21 Jun 2005 10:23 am

JaS wrote:anyone rcvd replies from sq or jetstar yet?
hey, don't be so anxious.. i think they need bout a week to go thru all the applications. If u get short listed i think i'll probably be before sunday that u'd get a reply.

I'm waiting too!

KittyKat

Emirates interview - dress code

Post by KittyKat » Tue, 21 Jun 2005 12:24 pm

Dear All,

Please...could someone inform me about the dress code for Emirates interview? Do they prefer formal business suit or just knee-length skirt and formal shirt? Since they didn't mention that in the advertisement! I'll go to their walk-in interview this Saturday and I don't wanna pop up with the wrong costume!! So please guys and girls...do inform me...

Many thanks!

Tori

Re: Emirates interview - dress code

Post by Tori » Tue, 21 Jun 2005 12:35 pm

KittyKat wrote:Dear All,

Please...could someone inform me about the dress code for Emirates interview? Do they prefer formal business suit or just knee-length skirt and formal shirt? Since they didn't mention that in the advertisement! I'll go to their walk-in interview this Saturday and I don't want to pop up with the wrong costume!! So please guys and girls...do inform me...

Many thanks!
Hi KittyKat,

Did they advertise on papers for recruitment?? Could you kindly share?

Cos i cant find their recruitment ad.

Thanks a mil,
Tori :wink:

Post by Guest » Tue, 21 Jun 2005 12:46 pm

Please...could someone inform me about the dress code for Emirates interview? Do they prefer formal business suit or just knee-length skirt and formal shirt? Since they didn't mention that in the advertisement! I'll go to their walk-in interview this Saturday and I don't want to pop up with the wrong costume!! So please guys and girls...do inform me...

Many thanks!
hi kitty...where did you see the recruitment ad...are you sure it's this sat...???is it emirates or qatar airways?....Yah, can you please kindly share :roll:

Have a good day

JaS

Re: sq reply

Post by JaS » Tue, 21 Jun 2005 1:28 pm

cieux wrote:
JaS wrote:anyone rcvd replies from sq or jetstar yet?
hey, don't be so anxious.. i think they need bout a week to go thru all the applications. If u get short listed i think i'll probably be before sunday that u'd get a reply.

I'm waiting too!
Lets Pray Hard & Kip Our Fingers X!

KittyKat

Post by KittyKat » Tue, 21 Jun 2005 2:18 pm

Tori wrote:

Many thanks!
Hi KittyKat,

Did they advertise on papers for recruitment?? Could you kindly share?

because i cant find their recruitment ad.

Thanks a mil,
Tori :wink:
Hi Tori & Guest,
Where are your locations? I'm in Jakarta, Indonesia. They put the advertisement in 2 local papers and also their website. However, the open day will be conducted in Bali, this Sat!! Any idea what to wear?

Tori

Post by Tori » Tue, 21 Jun 2005 3:27 pm

Hi KittyKat,

Haha... i see.. We're at different locations. I'm in Singapore. So kind of surprise when u say there's a recruitment going on..

Anyway, frm my knowledge, i believe they would prefer someone to dress in formal and neat Vs Jeans & T-shirt. Shirt & skirts look much more presentable.

Gd luck,
Tori :D

rpammi

Re: 28

Post by rpammi » Tue, 21 Jun 2005 4:01 pm

goh wrote:
rpammi wrote:Any gals out there ,,who is 28 or 29,,has just applied or recently applied for SQ , or Jetstar Asia...but jetstar .only we will know end of June ,,so Gd Luck to all of u !!!! any married lady out there who applied ?
Ya, i did apply and sooo worry of my age that make the rejection. Really hope to get through as no longer eligible if too old. U also 28? :wink:
yeah i applied ,,its ok ,,they dunt call also nvr mind ,,but i also tried jetstar and silkair...

rpammi

Post by rpammi » Tue, 21 Jun 2005 4:04 pm

r u sure tht by sunday ,,we will know if we got into Jetstar.,.oh no,,cant sleep already.. but today already tuesday..hhmmm.... is their flights turn around flights,,i wonder y they pay so low....

KittyKat

Post by KittyKat » Tue, 21 Jun 2005 4:44 pm

Tori wrote:Hi KittyKat,

Haha... i see.. We're at different locations. I'm in Singapore. So kind of surprise when u say there's a recruitment going on..

Anyway, frm my knowledge, i believe they would prefer someone to dress in formal and neat Vs Jeans & T-shirt. Shirt & skirts look much more presentable.

Gd luck,
Tori :D
Thanks so much Tori! Really need that luck!! :wink:

Starlet

Post by Starlet » Tue, 21 Jun 2005 4:50 pm

rpammi wrote:r u sure tht by sunday ,,we will know if we got into Jetstar.,.oh no,,cant sleep already.. but today already tuesday..hhmmm.... is their flights turn around flights,,i wonder y they pay so low....
hi. my sis is at jetstar the pay is darn low. ya is turn ard flight. ur take home pay will be between $1300 to $1500. and u have to sign 2yrs bond. starting pay only $710 and per hrs on flight onli $15.

Post by Guest » Tue, 21 Jun 2005 4:58 pm

Anonymous wrote:For those who went for the Silkair interview yesterday, any idea whether it is the last round of interview or are there more rounds coming up for us?
i heard from my friends is a one to eight interviews with all the HR ppl. and they will each ask a question mostly abt ur past working history so just be normal. i think we would be getting e invitation soon. my friends who is at silkair say that they will send out e last interview very fast coz is only abt 40 ppl selected. but they will only select 20 of us so that means half will go. anyway good lck to all.

Tori

Re: Silkair interview

Post by Tori » Tue, 21 Jun 2005 6:21 pm

Colleen wrote:So sad i was not selected for 2nd interview.. :cry: Silkair recuitment is once per 6mths?? :?:
Hi Colleen,

I've actually spoken to one of the HR personnel in Silkair. Their recruitment is done every 3 months.

So u can keep a look-out 3 months later.

Cheers,
Tori :)

Re: Silkair interview

Post by Guest » Tue, 21 Jun 2005 7:50 pm

Tori wrote:
Colleen wrote:So sad i was not selected for 2nd interview.. :cry: Silkair recuitment is once per 6mths?? :?:
Hi Colleen,

I've actually spoken to one of the HR personnel in Silkair. Their recruitment is done every 3 months.

So u can keep a look-out 3 months later.

Cheers,
Tori :)
hi silkair recruitment is twice a year. so i think is 6 months once. just check with friends inside silkair