Singapore Expats

EP Processing Time

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: EP Processing Time

Post by ecureilx » Sun, 07 Aug 2016 8:47 am

esivauee wrote:Hi,

I worked for SMU as Research Engineer and my contract ended over there this July. I got a job in Works Applications where I had to join in June and requested them to allow me to join in August, for which they agreed and applied for EP accordingly on June 7th and that EP is still pending and my current S-Pass got cancelled and was given 1 month visit pass. The company is saying that all the EPs they applied after May are pending. Any one can tell me when can I expect EP approval or What should I do now ?

Thanks.
Nobody knows how long it's gonna take ...

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: EP Processing Time

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 07 Aug 2016 4:30 pm

Go home. Seriously, go home and wait for notice of the IPA approval then return to Singapore to finalize the EP. Do NOT count on it being approved quickly.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Rtambekar

Post by Rtambekar » Mon, 08 Aug 2016 11:55 am

My application was sent on 4th May. Still in pending status, while the offer still remains open from my employer.
Quite amazing the delay in the process!

UmaSankar

Post by UmaSankar » Mon, 08 Aug 2016 12:24 pm

My EP applied on 22nd June. still in pending state. Not sure whats going on .

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 08 Aug 2016 1:26 pm

Have you bothered to read any of the threads here? If you did, you would understand. ](*,) :roll:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

okonu
Regular
Regular

Post by okonu » Mon, 08 Aug 2016 2:51 pm

Yep, mine took a couple of weeks earlier this year. The answer is - no-one knows how long EP approval will or will not take.

(for benchmarking, fixed salary 18,950/ month, UK passport holder, PR in Hong Kong, experience probably greater than salary, and previous salary was higher, but as moving industries for various reasons I guess that was OK for MOM)

siva1985

Post by siva1985 » Tue, 09 Aug 2016 2:52 pm

Hi All,

My EP was applied on June 6th 2016 and still it is in pending status.I am an indian. Can you please let me know any1 on the same time, his/her ep got approved ??

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 09 Aug 2016 3:06 pm

siva1985 wrote:Hi All,

My EP was applied on June 6th 2016 and still it is in pending status.I am an indian. Can you please let me know any1 on the same time, his/her ep got approved ??
Some guys from India specifically had to wait more than 2 months ... and a couple of new recruits in different sector breezed by in 2 weeks.

Speed or slow "may" depend upon your employer, your profession and your past qualification.

Nothing you can do about it as of now.

esivauee

Post by esivauee » Thu, 11 Aug 2016 5:41 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Go home. Seriously, go home and wait for notice of the IPA approval then return to Singapore to finalize the EP. Do NOT count on it being approved quickly.
Hi, I started applying for other companies here. Will that be on any help, as I am also hearing that if one company applies for EP and if it is in pending, the other company cannot apply for the EP. Is that true.

This really sucks, one company applied for EP. It been pending since 2 months and If I move on and try attending interviews of other companies and they cant process EP as the previous company applied for EP.

BBCWatcher
Editor
Editor

Post by BBCWatcher » Thu, 11 Aug 2016 8:17 am

We've received reports that multiple EP applications can be submitted, but once one of them is approved the others are halted. (And technically you give the MoM the choice which to approve, if any. They might not approve your "favorite" job.) Also, none of the other EP applications are going to move any faster. Vetting takes time, and vetting won't be skipped in another EP application.

That said, you should be pursuing other job opportunities (as implied upthread), and not only in Singapore. There is no guarantee of EP approval, and an employer can withdraw an offer at any time. It's in your interest to have a "Plan B."

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Thu, 11 Aug 2016 9:11 am

BBCWatcher wrote:We've received reports...
Who is that? You and the mouse in your pocket? Or is that the "Imperial" we?

BBCWatcher
Editor
Editor

Post by BBCWatcher » Thu, 11 Aug 2016 11:08 am

This forum has a search function. It works. Except when it doesn't. We've received reports, and we've received other reports. ;)

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 11 Aug 2016 11:41 am

BBCWatcher wrote:We've received reports that multiple EP applications can be submitted, but once one of them is approved the others are halted. (And technically you give the MoM the choice which to approve, if any. They might not approve your "favorite" job.)
Words of wisdom .... or not ?

I hope MOM folks aren't reading about this new theory of "giving MOM the choice.... " ... flooding MOM with too many applications is not gonna help build friends, and, after all, there are real people doing real work, not drones programmed to shunt paper.

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Thu, 11 Aug 2016 11:54 am

BBCWatcher wrote:This forum has a search function. It works. Except when it doesn't. We've received reports, and we've received other reports. ;)
Again, who is "we"?

esivauee

Post by esivauee » Fri, 12 Aug 2016 8:28 am

Its frustrating to see the status of EP, hoping that it would approve. :(