Singapore Expats

EP Processing Time

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
hate2015

Re: EP Processing Time

Post by hate2015 » Mon, 01 Aug 2016 8:28 pm

what is happening in singapore? is it only for indian recruiters? 100 employers are balcklisted? I feel if we share our employer names its easy for us to identify the truth, I have 2 more offers in my hand. thinking whether I can withdraw the current one and go for the next one.

irah.2008

Post by irah.2008 » Mon, 01 Aug 2016 8:52 pm

I dont think that this forum allow such things, as it will harm consulting firms with unwanted assumptions. Patience is Virtue.. waiting for 61st day :)

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 01 Aug 2016 9:33 pm

hate2015 wrote: is it only for indian recruiters? 100 employers are balcklisted? I feel if we share our employer names its easy for us to identify the truth, I have 2 more offers in my hand. thinking whether I can withdraw the current one and go for the next one.
As far as I know, When an EP Application is in progress, it would not be possible to submit another new application. Won't be so easy to ask your employer to withdraw your EP Application after they have submitted unless you have valid reasons.

Secondly, it is not like happening for a particular group of recruiters. Basically, whichever company has a weak Singaporean Core Employee Strength and has more number of foreign employees are the ones that are placed under the scanner.

Blacklisting and delay in EP are two different things and not the same

SF

irah.2008

Post by irah.2008 » Tue, 02 Aug 2016 2:58 pm

My client dropped my offer since the delay in EP. Thanks for the information provided in the forum and for those who awaits EP for longer than a Month, check with your client that if waiting is worth. And mainly dont trust your contractor as they wont tell you till the last moment.

And Advice to any future EP applicants, never think of Singapore as a first option if you are a foreigner and staying out of Singapore. Keep Singapore Offers as a add on and its all based on luck and MOM's mood at foreign employment policy at that period of time, you wont get any update from MOM and end up in a bigger mess.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: EP Processing Time

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 02 Aug 2016 3:33 pm

irah.2008 wrote:My client dropped my offer since the delay in EP. Thanks for the information provided in the forum and for those who awaits EP for longer than a Month, check with your client that if waiting is worth. And mainly dont trust your contractor as they wont tell you till the last moment.

And Advice to any future EP applicants, never think of Singapore as a first option if you are a foreigner and staying out of Singapore. Keep Singapore Offers as a add on and its all based on luck and MOM's mood at foreign employment policy at that period of time, you wont get any update from MOM and end up in a bigger mess.
Word !!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 02 Aug 2016 5:07 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
hate2015 wrote: is it only for indian recruiters? 100 employers are balcklisted? I feel if we share our employer names its easy for us to identify the truth, I have 2 more offers in my hand. thinking whether I can withdraw the current one and go for the next one.
As far as I know, When an EP Application is in progress, it would not be possible to submit another new application. Won't be so easy to ask your employer to withdraw your EP Application after they have submitted unless you have valid reasons.

Secondly, it is not like happening for a particular group of recruiters. Basically, whichever company has a weak Singaporean Core Employee Strength and has more number of foreign employees are the ones that are placed under the scanner.

Blacklisting and delay in EP are two different things and not the same

SF
You CAN have more than one EP application. But cannot after getting an IPA. Once you have an IPA from one employer, all is stopped on other applications. You may see something like "withdrawn" if check it online. As by granting one company the IPA MOM will withdraw any other outstanding application. However, if you have an IPA and then try to file you will throw a spanner in the works and it may take a long, long time getting it sorted out. Often the employers won't wait that long. You gamble, you could lose big time by being greedy. Seen it happen once or twice.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 02 Aug 2016 5:28 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote: You CAN have more than one EP application. But cannot after getting an IPA. Once you have an IPA from one employer, all is stopped on other applications. You may see something like "withdrawn" if check it online. As by granting one company the IPA MOM will withdraw any other outstanding application. However, if you have an IPA and then try to file you will throw a spanner in the works and it may take a long, long time getting it sorted out. Often the employers won't wait that long. You gamble, you could lose big time by being greedy. Seen it happen once or twice.
Will 2 EP applications in parallel also delay the EP process or cause a negative effect?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 02 Aug 2016 5:35 pm

Not necessarily, but I suspect it could especially if during peak times as it could be seen as a creating a duopoly of vetting work for an already overwork staff. Or, they aggravated by people who try to play the system. But applying after an IPA has been granted, but before it's been issued seems to throw a spanner into the system somehow. In fact, I'm not sure if you can still even do that. That glitch mmght have been fixed now so that it will not accept any new applications if there is an outstanding IPA - I don't know and cannot confirm.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

BBCWatcher
Editor
Editor

Post by BBCWatcher » Tue, 02 Aug 2016 5:41 pm

irah.2008 wrote:My client dropped my offer since the delay in EP.
Did your (previously prospective, now former) client find an acceptable resident worker in the alternative? To your knowledge, what's their "Plan B"?

BBCWatcher
Editor
Editor

Post by BBCWatcher » Tue, 02 Aug 2016 5:55 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:In fact, I'm not sure if you can still even do that.
Maybe not, but the Personalised Employment Pass (PEP) is still potentially available to highly compensated individuals who wish to "play the field."

Taking an educated guess, I'm confident the Ministry of Manpower is aware that a significant percentage of talent differentiation is firm-specific. The percentage varies by sector, but zero is at least unusual. Multiple concurrent EP applications suggest the foreign worker lacks firm-specific uniqueness, and that could be a problem all by itself.

irah.2008

Post by irah.2008 » Tue, 02 Aug 2016 6:05 pm

BBCWatcher wrote:
irah.2008 wrote:My client dropped my offer since the delay in EP.
Did your (previously prospective, now former) client find an acceptable resident worker in the alternative? To your knowledge, what's their "Plan B"?
Not sure, All the information i got is such that they cannot wait since EP delay is affecting the project timeline. Hopefully they got someone else not sure if other person is resident worker or Foreigner.

stoned.ice

Post by stoned.ice » Wed, 03 Aug 2016 1:10 am

Hi..
2 EP application is not possible.
Well patience is a virtue and pray more.
Mine is on its 80th day and still pending.
Good thing got temporary job, while waiting and still hoping for the approval.

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Wed, 03 Aug 2016 6:05 am

stoned.ice wrote:Hi..
2 EP application is not possible.
Well patience is a virtue and pray more.
Mine is on its 80th day and still pending.
Good thing got temporary job, while waiting and still hoping for the approval.
My only question is this: Since you are resident in Singapore (your IP posting addresses say you are) how can you get a temporary job without a work pass?

stoned.ice

Post by stoned.ice » Wed, 03 Aug 2016 7:14 am

Hi..
I have temporary job back home.
Just got back for a short trip again.
Cannot stay in Sg for long without regular income..

esivauee

Post by esivauee » Sun, 07 Aug 2016 3:22 am

Hi,

I worked for SMU as Research Engineer and my contract ended over there this July. I got a job in Works Applications where I had to join in June and requested them to allow me to join in August, for which they agreed and applied for EP accordingly on June 7th and that EP is still pending and my current S-Pass got cancelled and was given 1 month visit pass. The company is saying that all the EPs they applied after May are pending. Any one can tell me when can I expect EP approval or What should I do now ?

Thanks.