Singapore Expats

Completion of PR formalities

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
kitkatkate

Completion of PR formalities

Post by kitkatkate » Thu, 07 Apr 2016 9:40 pm

Hi all,

I'm currently in Singapore on a LTVP and I'm married to a Singaporean PR. I had applied for my PR in August 2015 and my application just got approved. I need to undergo a medical examination and complete the PR formalities in the next 2 months.

Now I have a question around the PR formalities. Does my husband need to go to the ICA along with me for the PR formalities? He has been posted overseas for a short-term assignment and he may not get a chance to come back to Singapore for the next couple of months. Do I write to the ICA to check about this or do you think I'll be fine if I go by myself? Any help would be appreciated.Thanks!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Completion of PR formalities

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 07 Apr 2016 9:42 pm

If he's your sponsor, I would hope that he does.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

kitkatkate

Post by kitkatkate » Thu, 07 Apr 2016 9:45 pm

He's indeed my sponsor and the letter I received was also addressed to him. That's why I was doubtful if I could go by myself. But from the sounds of it, both of us need to be there.

hohoho00

Post by hohoho00 » Wed, 27 Jul 2016 8:25 pm

@kitkatkate may i know the update? did your husband really have to come for the PR formalities?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk