Singapore Expats

Work Permit - Indonesian Chinese

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
riri85

Work Permit - Indonesian Chinese

Post by riri85 » Tue, 26 Jul 2016 11:37 am

Hi, I am not sure if this has been asked before. I did a search and could not find anything useful or relevant so decided to ask here.

My gf is indonesian chinese, 24<script id="gpt-impl-0.1766036439672366" src="http://partner.googleadservices.com/gpt ... "></script> this year.
She has a Bac degree in Management (Economics Faculty)

After searching for 1/2 year or so, I finally found strings and got her a job here.

Its a simple accounting clerk job, salary is 1.2k + 150 productivity with AL etc
Its not much but it's a start for us, the company is willing to pay the bond and levy.
Oh the industry is Service (I think) coz its related to transportation / hospital related

Now the question is whether the permit can be successful?

Is there such a thing as being rejected for being over qualified ?
Also because she's from Indoensia and I've dug on MOM and couldn't find Indo on the Northen Asian Sources (NAS) or Non-Traditional Sources (NTS).

Yes, we plan to marry but thats further down the road (a year or so, gotta make it fast coz i'm growing older and it takes time to process PR too?)
I'm aware that if she holds a permit, no pregnancy and i need to apply to MOM to get permission for marriage too.

Just worried that she can't even get the permit :(

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Work Permit - Indonesian Chinese

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 26 Jul 2016 12:07 pm

riri85 wrote:Hi, I am not sure if this has been asked before. I did a search and could not find anything useful or relevant so decided to ask here.

My gf is indonesian chinese, 24<script id="gpt-impl-0.1766036439672366" src="http://partner.googleadservices.com/gpt ... "></script> this year.

After searching for 1/2 year or so, I finally found strings and got her a job here.

Its a simple accounting clerk job, salary is 1.2k + 150 productivity with AL etc
Its not much but it's a start for us, the company is willing to pay the bond and levy.
Oh the industry is Service (I think) coz its related to transportation / hospital related

Also because she's from Indoensia and I've dug on MOM and couldn't find Indo on the Northen Asian Sources (NAS) or Non-Traditional Sources (NTS).

Yes, we plan to marry but thats further down the road (a year or so, gotta make it fast coz i'm growing older and it takes time to process PR too?)
I'm aware that if she holds a permit, no pregnancy and i need to apply to MOM to get permission for marriage too.

I read it as 12k.

Seriously 1.2k ? No, MOM doesn't care about allowances.

Chances for pass ? NIL.

riri85

Re: RE: Work Permit - Indonesian Chinese

Post by riri85 » Tue, 26 Jul 2016 12:22 pm

ecureilx wrote:
riri85 wrote:Hi, I am not sure if this has been asked before. I did a search and could not find anything useful or relevant so decided to ask here.

I read it as 12k.

Seriously 1.2k ? No, MOM doesn't care about allowances.

Chances for pass ? NIL.
How come ?

Its not EP or S-Pass
Just a normal work permit :|

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Work Permit - Indonesian Chinese

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 26 Jul 2016 12:34 pm

As your gf is not NAS or NTS, she can only work in Singapore IF she can qualify for an S or EP pass. The only way she can work on a work permit is as an FDW (Foreign Domestic Worker - I'm not sure if Indonesia has stopped them from doing it yet or not). Short of keeping up the job search about the only way it's going to happen is qualifying for an S pass which means a minimum salary of 2.2K/mo OR marrying a local and getting the LTVP which will allow her to work on a Letter of Consent for a lesser salary.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

riri85

Post by riri85 » Tue, 26 Jul 2016 1:02 pm

Wow.. that sucks... I have plans to get married but I'm estimating 2017 June earliest then LTVP and hopefully apply for PR once possible.

So unless its employed under S-Pass there's no other way to get a permit huh ><

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 26 Jul 2016 1:06 pm

That's the minimum she will get away with.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: Work Permit - Indonesian Chinese

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 26 Jul 2016 1:08 pm

riri85 wrote:Wow.. that sucks... I have plans to get married but I'm estimating 2017 June earliest then LTVP and hopefully apply for PR once possible.

So unless its employed under S-Pass there's no other way to get a permit huh ><
Not to discourage you but your PR plans may go haywire if the Gov here continues their reduction policies.

What country are you from ?

riri85

Post by riri85 » Tue, 26 Jul 2016 1:30 pm

Oh Singapore Citizen. Been here since 1985, born and raised.

Served 2 miserable years
Am an accountant, monthly salary 4k only thou

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 26 Jul 2016 2:20 pm

riri85 wrote:
Served 2 miserable years
Be thankful for those two years. 56,000 of my peers didn't make it through their two years during the VN war. Be thankful that you have a technological advanced military and a government that is trying to make wimps into men and have a pair of cojones. I hate worthless scum who think NS is a waste of time. My son did his NS in the Navy here and he's proud of the fact. But then again, he was raised to understand that NS is a good thing for men, but not for whimpering, whining little boys.

riri85

Post by riri85 » Tue, 26 Jul 2016 2:36 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
riri85 wrote:
Served 2 miserable years
Be thankful for those two years. 56,000 of my peers didn't make it through their two years during the VN war. Be thankful that you have a technological advanced military and a government that is trying to make wimps into men and have a pair of cojones. I hate worthless scum who think NS is a waste of time. My son did his NS in the Navy here and he's proud of the fact. But then again, he was raised to understand that NS is a good thing for men, but not for whimpering, whining little boys.
Don't need to take it personally yah?

I never said it was a waste of time, i served well, received letter of recommendations and commendations during my service and i still get that $100 family rec voucher when i go back for ICT.

But that doesn't mean my time inside wasn't miserable.

I beg to differ on NS but that's my personal opinion and your view on NS is also your personal opinion and shouldn't be dragged in here.

If we want to debate on whether NS is useful or not, we should take that up seperately over drinks or kopi. But VN war... thats really far back old timer :P

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 26 Jul 2016 2:54 pm

Yeah, I'll be 69 in a month. In fact, I'm probably the oldest person on this forum and been here over a dozen years. You should hope to last this long in my condition. ;-)

riri85

Post by riri85 » Tue, 26 Jul 2016 3:02 pm

Hahaha! No I don't think I will last that long.

My dad is 1949 baby thou so.. LOL :P

I'll be happy if I live till 65. Though I plan to save enough and slowly build my house in Bali or Jakarta.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: Work Permit - Indonesian Chinese

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 26 Jul 2016 3:48 pm

riri85 wrote:Oh Singapore Citizen. Been here since 1985, born and raised.
Well, as an SC marrying her and moving via Long term pass is the best option.

Never have other options worked as well as the above one.

riri85

Post by riri85 » Tue, 26 Jul 2016 4:09 pm

Yes.. thanks for the advice.

My plan is ROM next year June and we can do the other ceremonies at a later date once we are settled down.

Aw well, I thought I could let her join me sooner.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 26 Jul 2016 4:39 pm

riri85 wrote:Yes.. thanks for the advice.

My plan is ROM next year June and we can do the other ceremonies at a later date once we are settled down.

Aw well, I thought I could let her join me sooner.
As of now, it will be a tough fight, if you go the work pass way. Trust me on that.

Regardless of your salary, if you ROM her, and then start the long term pass process, things will be smoother.

With the government's current "GO LOCAL" plans - you should sail through with not much issue