Singapore Expats

No no

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
x9200

Re: Beware of Interswift moving and storage

Post by x9200 » Thu, 21 Jul 2016 10:16 am

Leaving aside signing a contract with such a clause inside, If they claim the new charges appeared the burden of proof they really did is on them. You can always demand such proof. No proof no money. If they fake it up, it's already a criminal offence.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Thu, 21 Jul 2016 3:35 pm

x9200 wrote:Leaving aside signing a contract with such a clause inside, If they claim the new charges appeared the burden of proof they really did is on them. You can always demand such proof. No proof no money. If they fake it up, it's already a criminal offence.
I was thinking the same way when reading the OPs post; ask them for evidence of what they claim happened re: costs. To charge more they must be able to justify it. In a way it's surprising they've not already provided such info, as is it just leaves the customer feeling ripped off.
'Do it or do not do it: You will regret both' - Kierkegaard

corinnetwy

Post by corinnetwy » Thu, 21 Jul 2016 9:34 pm

I am also currently facing problems with interswift. Anthony also told us before we decided to go with them that the cheapest option would still reach Adelaide by end of July. They collected our items 6 june and since we paid the full amount have had no real follow up on when our shipment will actually leave Singapore or when they would arrive. I have been unable to get any response even after trying to call and SMS, calling the office twice in a day this week to try and get an answer but still nothing. Although we have not been asked to pay more, it is very frustrating to not know what is happening to all our expensive belongings. I'm glad that you were able to get an answer and I sure hope I hear back soon

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Fri, 22 Jul 2016 12:07 am

JR8 - different cities - report deleted.

Return to “Relocating, Moving to Singapore”