Singapore Expats

My EPass is being rejected.

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
ken012

My EPass is being rejected.

Post by ken012 » Tue, 19 Jul 2016 9:13 pm

My Epass applied by Company A is being rejected. Can Company B apply another Epass for me?

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Re: My EPass is being rejected.

Post by Strong Eagle » Tue, 19 Jul 2016 10:53 pm

Sure. But you still might get rejected with company B depending upon your qualifications, history, and the salary and position you have applied for.

ken012

Post by ken012 » Wed, 20 Jul 2016 12:48 am

If company A had submit an appeal for the application will the company B still able to apply for the pass at the same time?

BBCWatcher
Editor
Editor

Post by BBCWatcher » Wed, 20 Jul 2016 3:52 am

The answer is still yes. Strong Eagle's caution still applies: the problem could be you personally, not Company A.

ken012

Post by ken012 » Wed, 20 Jul 2016 10:01 am

Thanks for the answer. I'm just worry will the company A cancel my job offer if the pass is rejected? Since I have only accept the offer with email without any format job offer letter and contract signed yet. I have wait for few weeks, if the company cancel my offer what can I do?

Strong Eagle

Post by Strong Eagle » Wed, 20 Jul 2016 10:14 am

ken012 wrote:if the company cancel my offer what can I do?
There is nothing you can do. Look... here is reality.

a) The company has offered you a really shitty salary and MoM thinks it is too low... you don't get the EP. Not your fault... company fault.

b) Company has got into trouble with MoM before... they are suspect... they don't get EP's approved.... not your fault... company fault.

c) You have a bad work history... your fault... maybe company will cancel, who knows?

d) You don't have good credentials... or you have fake credentials... company knows it cannot win on appeal... company will probably cancel.

What are your circumstances?

ken012

Post by ken012 » Wed, 20 Jul 2016 12:27 pm

My salary passed the basic requirement of the MoM. I'm a fresh grad. I don't think I have fake credentials. Is that mean I have to let Company B to apply a new EP for me ? Will the previous rejection history in MoM affect the following application?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 20 Jul 2016 1:02 pm

Probably the hangup is the fact that you are a fresh grad. Why should MOM give an employment pass to a fresh graduate when they have so many fresh graduate citizens who can probably "learn" the job as easily as you would be able to. Being a "fresher" without relevant experience of, say, two years minimum is more than likely the reason for your rejection
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Strong Eagle

Post by Strong Eagle » Wed, 20 Jul 2016 8:55 pm

ken012 wrote:My salary passed the basic requirement of the MoM. I'm a fresh grad.
My sense is that you will have a difficult time getting approved for EP. In addition to what SMS said about being a fresh grad, your statement above that your salary "passed the basic requirement" also means that the company is perhaps thinking they can hire a foreign fresh grad cheaper than a local fresh grad and that is exactly what MoM is trying to stop... they want locals hired at better wages than what foreigners are willing to work for... even if your salary met the minimums.