Singapore Expats

Employment pass being delayed

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
subashgk007
Regular
Regular

Employment pass being delayed

Post by subashgk007 » Mon, 11 Jul 2016 10:57 pm

Hi there,

Got to read many instances where employment pass issued by MOM SG being delayed from April. I just thought to share my status here..

Am a SAN/NAS storage engineer, selected for one of the large banks in singapore(though its not direct payroll). Interview and other formalities were completed by 2nd week of April,unfortunately i had to wait till May 27th to receive my offer letter. All educational/work experience certificates were submitted on the very next day, and EP filing has been done by the employer on 28th itself..

Note: I was able to check status in this link, where in i entered Passport number by mistake in the field of FIN and followed by my name. the screen took me to next window where i typed my passport number again in the traveler's document number to see the status. (not sure if this is a hidden feature ;) )
https://eponline.mom.gov.sg/epol/PEPOLE ... yAction.do

Till the moment writing this post, its in pending state. wishing to get approved soon..

just_another_loser

Re: Employment pass being delayed

Post by just_another_loser » Tue, 12 Jul 2016 12:38 am

subashgk007 wrote:Hi there,

Got to read many instances where employment pass issued by MOM SG being delayed from April. I just thought to share my status here..

Am a SAN/NAS storage engineer, selected for one of the large banks in singapore(though its not direct payroll). Interview and other formalities were completed by 2nd week of April,unfortunately i had to wait till May 27th to receive my offer letter. All educational/work experience certificates were submitted on the very next day, and EP filing has been done by the employer on 28th itself..

Note: I was able to check status in this link, where in i entered Passport number by mistake in the field of FIN and followed by my name. the screen took me to next window where i typed my passport number again in the traveler's document number to see the status. (not sure if this is a hidden feature ;) )
https://eponline.mom.gov.sg/epol/PEPOLE ... yAction.do

Till the moment writing this post, its in pending state. wishing to get approved soon..
I think now a days its normal time frame. I would suggest be patient and keep other options open.

Good luck

expat9

Post by expat9 » Tue, 12 Jul 2016 3:17 pm

I also same situation. I am IT engr. E pass delayed , almost 2 months since applied.
Does any one got approval after 2 months?
if so then after how much duration. Pls give your suggestion.

subashgk007
Regular
Regular

Post by subashgk007 » Wed, 13 Jul 2016 6:13 pm

Do we have someone here whose EP is pending for more than 6 weeks ?

Naresh1234

Post by Naresh1234 » Wed, 13 Jul 2016 6:45 pm

For me its pending more than 2 months

subashgk007
Regular
Regular

Post by subashgk007 » Thu, 14 Jul 2016 3:49 am

Thanks for the update naresh.

This really looking to be trendy. Hopefully MOM starts looking all applications soon..

subashgk007
Regular
Regular

Post by subashgk007 » Thu, 14 Jul 2016 9:52 pm

I was talking to one of the employment agency who deploys IT professionals in Singapore. Even though its not officialy confirmed, MOM is planning to reduce the no of Foreign workers drastically.

But by looking at the below, there is really a spike in the EP and S Pass, but no of passes approved in 2016 is after real filtering, due to which our EPs are in pending for more than 5-6 weeks..

http://www.mom.gov.sg/documents-and-pub ... ce-numbers

Naresh1234

Post by Naresh1234 » Fri, 15 Jul 2016 3:35 pm

Hi subash,

When your ep has raised (i mean date) ?

subashgk007
Regular
Regular

Post by subashgk007 » Fri, 15 Jul 2016 4:48 pm

Hi naresh, My EP was filed on 28th of May.. When your EP application was filed ?

Naresh1234

Post by Naresh1234 » Fri, 15 Jul 2016 4:59 pm

My ep was raised on 6th May

subashgk007
Regular
Regular

Post by subashgk007 » Fri, 15 Jul 2016 5:10 pm

Hm...That's pretty long. have you received any update from HR ?

For me they clearly said they cannot push MOM to speed up the review as its their sole discretion ..

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Fri, 15 Jul 2016 6:02 pm

subashgk007 wrote:I was talking to one of the employment agency who deploys IT professionals in Singapore. Even though its not officialy confirmed, MOM is planning to reduce the no of Foreign workers drastically.
Really ? So it is unofficial ? Oh, well, it has been officially announced last year and steps were getting into place since then. Not new.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 15 Jul 2016 9:08 pm

It's not like we haven't been telling them that, eh! :lol: :lol:

subashgk007'

:-k =D> #-o ](*,)
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

jamie9vardy
Chatter
Chatter

Post by jamie9vardy » Fri, 15 Jul 2016 9:36 pm

@Naresh1234 and subashgk007,

If you need further convincing:
http://www.mom.gov.sg/newsroom/speeches ... t-cos-2016

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 15 Jul 2016 11:26 pm

Jamie, excellent link (although we are not supposed to link anything from SPH - bit of a legal thing on this site with SPH). So I have edited your post to remove the SPH link and have, in it's stead, linked MOM link but to the entire speech. It's a bit unwieldy, but at least it keeps SPH off our hosts back.

SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers