Singapore Expats

UK vote to leave the EU ['BREXIT'] - 23rd June

Discuss about any latest news or current affairs in Singapore or globally. Please DO NOT copy and paste news articles from other sources without written permission.
Addadude
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Re: UK vote to leave the EU ['BREXIT'] - 23rd June

Post by Addadude » Tue, 12 Jul 2016 10:11 am

Strong Eagle wrote:Image
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Both politicians and nappies need to be changed regularly, and for the same reasons."

earthfriendly
Manager
Manager

Post by earthfriendly » Sat, 30 Jul 2016 1:27 pm

Connections. We are cycling thru times. Of the human history.

https://medium.com/@theonlytoby/history ... .53q4muruw

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Thu, 18 Aug 2016 1:19 am

earthfriendly wrote:Connections. We are cycling thru times. Of the human history.

https://medium.com/@theonlytoby/history ... .53q4muruw
Very good read. But very scary read indeed. This is like a zombie apocalypse, but worse.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 18 Aug 2016 10:14 am

One man's opinion, but a good opinion piece it is. While the events may not happen, the various hot spots around the world today, could very well reach a confluence that could easily trigger another WW. I wish everybody could just take a couple of steps back and see the bigger picture. It might not be Brexit or Trump, It could be China and/or N.Korea coupled with Trump or with Russia or with Brexit. So many hot spots with a multitude of downstream disruptions to so many. All we need a Locust Plague to add tinder to the fire (or something like Zika or a resurgence of one of the medical scourges that are trying to make a comeback in certain areas. Fortunately it is only an opinion piece. As a species, we don't seem to learn by our mistakes.

Who knows, maybe that is an inbred trait designed to deliberately keep our population in check. Wars tend to decimate populations. :-k
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers