Singapore Expats

PR Application - Chances/Odds

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: PR Application - Chances/Odds

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 17 Jun 2016 12:21 pm

Same thing really, a local address.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

wwtan327

Post by wwtan327 » Mon, 20 Jun 2016 9:49 am

Hi, i just got my application approved on 13/6. the status updated on 17/6.

Sharing my profile here.

Malaysian Chinese, 28, Female
Degree in business admin major Human resource
2Y2M in Local SME
EP holder
submitted the application when i worked in the company for 1Y5M
Waited 9 months for my application to approve

1st year tax assessment - no tax paid
2nd year tax assessment - just paid the tax a week ago

and yes my application approved.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 20 Jun 2016 1:00 pm

Congratulations. It looks like they might have just sat on it until you were with your employer for 2 years. No matter, you have it now.
:-)
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Mon, 20 Jun 2016 2:06 pm

wwtan327 wrote:Hi, i just got my application approved on 13/6. the status updated on 17/6.

Sharing my profile here.

Malaysian Chinese, 28, Female
Degree in business admin major Human resource
2Y2M in Local SME
EP holder
submitted the application when i worked in the company for 1Y5M
Waited 9 months for my application to approve

1st year tax assessment - no tax paid
2nd year tax assessment - just paid the tax a week ago

and yes my application approved.
Shoe in. Breeding age chinese female.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

wwtan327

Post by wwtan327 » Mon, 20 Jun 2016 3:06 pm

Chances are really varies.
I have few friends from the same company and qualification and working experiences are about the same. One is approved and one is still pending.

sharing a little bit more on my family background that i think might have a little contribution to my successful application.

Parents were working in Singapore when they are young,for about 10 years and they have CPF account in Singapore. One brother is studying in polytechnic here, one is working and studying part time ACCA here.

Good lucks to every applicants!

wwtan327

Post by wwtan327 » Mon, 20 Jun 2016 3:08 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Congratulations. It looks like they might have just sat on it until you were with your employer for 2 years. No matter, you have it now.
:-)
Ya, was still talking with friends that most probably get rejected, on the night before the status is approved. But finally long waits worth. :P

dynoto
Regular
Regular

Post by dynoto » Thu, 23 Jun 2016 6:38 pm

buying a cake next week for the first birthday of my PR application.
=D> =D> =D> =D>
celebrate ownself

cerberus

Post by cerberus » Fri, 24 Jun 2016 11:21 pm

Hi, planning to submit my application on August, here's my profile:

Male, 25, Chinese Malaysian
2010 - 2013 Diploma from local Poly
2013 - 2016 Degree from local U
Current- Employment Pass in Engineering, 3k+ per month.

Will submit around early August, so will only have 2 months of payslip to submit. Understand that it is advisable to wait for 6 months before applying but since the application process is taking so long, so I'm thinking maybe I should just apply first anyways, what do you think my chances are? Thanks!
Last edited by cerberus on Thu, 07 Jul 2016 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BBCWatcher
Editor
Editor

Post by BBCWatcher » Sat, 25 Jun 2016 8:32 am

And no tax assessments, I assume.

What's wrong with having an appointment timed to have at least 6 months of payslips? ICA will have almost zero employment history to consider according to your current plan. Is that a good idea?

cerberus

Post by cerberus » Sat, 25 Jun 2016 8:48 am

No tax assessment either, it's only my first month. Well what I'm thinking is that since the application process takes so long (those 15 months pending status) by that time I would have enough employment history for them and I'm just a fresh graduate, nothing much gonna change after 6 months except that I have got more payslip to show. Hence thinking of applying just after 2 months of employment.

dynoto
Regular
Regular

Post by dynoto » Sat, 25 Jun 2016 9:00 am

cerberus wrote:No tax assessment either, it's only my first month. Well what I'm thinking is that since the application process takes so long (those 15 months pending status) by that time I would have enough employment history for them and I'm just a fresh graduate, nothing much gonna change after 6 months except that I have got more payslip to show. Hence thinking of applying just after 2 months of employment.
hmm thats with assumption.
tax assessment results for this year (Jan ~ Dec 2016) won't come out for at least April 2017.
So you're technically ahead by a whole 12 months.

Unless you're kind of guy who is really unfortunate to have to wait for a year plus (like me :-|), chances are they will review your application much sooner, and by that time you wouldn't even have any tax assessment for them to look at.

but who knows, seems that malaysians have the best chance to get their PR approved anyways, so dem payslips probably doesn't even matter :wink:

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 25 Jun 2016 9:47 am

cerberus wrote:No tax assessment either, it's only my first month. Well what I'm thinking is that since the application process takes so long (those 15 months pending status) by that time I would have enough employment history for them and I'm just a fresh graduate, nothing much gonna change after 6 months except that I have got more payslip to show. Hence thinking of applying just after 2 months of employment.
=D> ](*,) You, I'm afraid, are going to need a lot more than just luck. they will take one look at your application (when they eventually get to it) see you applied after only two months (when they tell you to have at least two years or three tax assessments (when applying). Bang, you're dead in the water. You are just showing them that you are incapable of following simple instructions. They don't need any more like that, they have a whole country full of citizens like that already. You are supposed to be foreign 'talent'. Doesn't sound too talented to me if you cannot see something that simple.

BBCWatcher
Editor
Editor

Post by BBCWatcher » Sat, 25 Jun 2016 2:17 pm

cerberus wrote:Well what I'm thinking is that since the application process takes so long (those 15 months pending status) by that time I would have enough employment history....
And those who followed ICA's instructions will have even more employment history. They'll have the minimum (or more) that ICA asked for plus "those 15 months."

You have the option to disregard ICA's instructions (plural). What's the "damn good reason" why you should?

cerberus

Post by cerberus » Mon, 27 Jun 2016 1:07 pm

BBCWatcher wrote:
cerberus wrote:Well what I'm thinking is that since the application process takes so long (those 15 months pending status) by that time I would have enough employment history....
And those who followed ICA's instructions will have even more employment history. They'll have the minimum (or more) that ICA asked for plus "those 15 months."

You have the option to disregard ICA's instructions (plural). What's the "damn good reason" why you should?
Understand that waiting longer will definitely increase my chance but just want to try my luck after reading their FAQs:

Q: Can I apply for SPR immediately after working here?
A: You can submit an application for consideration as long as you have been issued with a P, Q or S Work Pass.

I mean if they really think I can't follow simple instructions just because I submitted before 6 months then I think they are giving out wrong information on their website. Anyways I'll try to make an appointment maybe 3-4 months later (it's really hard with the full appointments from now till December).

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 27 Jun 2016 1:52 pm

A: You can submit an application for consideration as long as you have been issued with a P, Q or S Work Pass.
But unless everything else has been adhered to, requirement wise, it's not going to go anywhere. It does leave the door open, as is normal with just about everything here when it includes the government ministries, just in case the proverbial "Rocket Scientist" or "Neuro-Surgeon" just happens to stumble into SG and decide they was to stay, the the government will have left a side door open that they can open wider as and when they need it.

But for average, run of the mill, plebes, you can forget it. You are just showing them how little you want it by not reading the entire site and following best practices (which they kindly spell out for you). :roll: