Singapore Expats

how to choose a country club?

Discuss about food, eating places, shopping centres, clubs, pubs, massage, sports, travel & holidays. Share tips on best place to chill, party, relax or travel destinations.
vlescaut

how to choose a country club?

Post by vlescaut » Mon, 22 Feb 2016 1:44 am

hello i am not sure i understand the country club concept... and as a result dont know what to choose? is it rather a place to do sports... to meet people? to have lunch / dinner? what about our kids... what can they expect? what would yu recommend bearing in mind we are going to be living on east coast. thanks for your help...

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Re: how to choose a country club?

Post by PNGMK » Mon, 22 Feb 2016 10:03 am

Probably what you can afford and what you can actually get membership into... not all clubs accept all applicants- some are very exclusive.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Post by Barnsley » Mon, 22 Feb 2016 4:18 pm

Choose one thats not gonna be blocks of flats in the next 10 years :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Life is short, paddle harder!!

lucassmith
Regular
Regular

Post by lucassmith » Tue, 23 Feb 2016 4:24 pm

I would think as Humans are social beings, it''ll be a place that you would want to be affiliated with/hangout at.

or if you have no other avenues to spend your cash....

;)

AutumnQiu

Post by AutumnQiu » Sun, 19 Jun 2016 8:50 pm

unfortunately, the country club concept in singapore is quite unlike overseas where they have plenty of community spirit. in singapore, most country clubs' members are quite clique-ish, and the clubs no not really organise activities for new members to get to know the current members. the ones which actively promote family activities and events are usually the expat clubs (the american club is one such club but that's in the city area and i believe they are going through some major renovations currently). In the east coast, there are 2 swimming clubs and 3 golf clubs (if my memory serves me right).

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Post by Lisafuller » Wed, 02 Dec 2020 2:19 am

Try the British club. They accept applicants regardless of nationality, which is not the case with some clubs that require you to hold the passport of which the club represents. Expect to meet new people, play sports, and dine at the cafe.