Singapore Expats

When people label ladies as SPGs, what label do you give to men?

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: When people label ladies as SPGs, what label do you give to men?

Post by ecureilx » Fri, 04 Mar 2016 7:59 am

nakatago wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:Got to be in court.
I knew it was only a matter of time your crankiness would get you in trouble! :P
:D :D

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Re: When people label ladies as SPGs, what label do you give to men?

Post by PNGMK » Fri, 04 Mar 2016 8:21 am

I personally consider the SPG to be an extinct species now. As others have pointed out both rising prosperity; the local men getting their shit together and a few other factors have conspired to wipe them out. I doubt there would be a single pink IC among the crowds of Asian girls I see at OT for example (which used to have them 20 years ago). There is a parallel in Thailand; an expat mate up there (a diver of course) was complaining there were no "fresh girls" in the go-go bars these days - it seems prosperity is bringing an end to farmers selling their daughters into the sex slave market. I did tell him that 'you know that is actually a good thing' but of course it fell on deaf ears.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Fri, 04 Mar 2016 10:46 am

PNGMK wrote:I personally consider the SPG to be an extinct species now. As others have pointed out both rising prosperity; the local men getting their shit together and a few other factors have conspired to wipe them out. I doubt there would be a single pink IC among the crowds of Asian girls I see at OT for example (which used to have them 20 years ago). There is a parallel in Thailand; an expat mate up there (a diver of course) was complaining there were no "fresh girls" in the go-go bars these days - it seems prosperity is bringing an end to farmers selling their daughters into the sex slave market. I did tell him that 'you know that is actually a good thing' but of course it fell on deaf ears.
+1 PNGMK

SPGs are a rare species now.

I recall, during the Insomnia days, how girls were getting bluffed - and they fell for it all the times.

Not sure if I mentioned here, there was a pretend Airbus Pilot. Who was fooling a girl and she was falling for it.

When he stepped out for a smoke, I asked him what he does for a living, and he went "I am a Airbus Pilot with Emirates .. " and I asked him, in a disinterested tone what engines do they use. The guy looked at me and said "Airbus always airbus engines, you gotta know that .. "

That got me tempted a bit and I asked him if he is a Captain or First officer. The guy said that he is a Captain, and been a captain for 10 years. And when I asked him if he is in the right or left seat, he gave me a funny look and said "of course, Right seat mate, what did you think ? I am not a trainee to sit in the left seat".

He did walk out with a head-over-heal bimbo ..

JR8, the hair flipping, breast thrusting .. :D Well, used to see that in Papa Joes and Devil's bar, and O Bar, but not much of that of late, if you exclude the FT Women looking for love ..

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Fri, 04 Mar 2016 10:52 am

Frankly I don't see the attraction in dating an airline pilot or a medical doctor or a lawyer or any of these other "attractive" occupations. They are busy people and who wants to be with someone who has no time.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Fri, 04 Mar 2016 11:37 am

PNGMK wrote:Frankly I don't see the attraction in dating an airline pilot or a medical doctor or a lawyer or any of these other "attractive" occupations. They are busy people and who wants to be with someone who has no time.
For SPGs it's all about showing off :D Or so I thought.

I can still remember parts of the SPG Trilogy :D

Sporkin
Chatter
Chatter

Re: RE: Re: When people label ladies as SPGs, what label do you give to men?

Post by Sporkin » Fri, 04 Mar 2016 2:55 pm

PNGMK wrote:Frankly I don't see the attraction in dating an airline pilot or a medical doctor or a lawyer or any of these other "attractive" occupations. They are busy people and who wants to be with someone who has no time.
As long as the wallet is home it will be a fulfilling relationship.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Addadude
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Post by Addadude » Fri, 04 Mar 2016 2:58 pm

I don't know why we are talking and laughing about SPGs when SMS is probably languishing in prison as we speak! Free SMS! Free SMS!
"Both politicians and nappies need to be changed regularly, and for the same reasons."

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 04 Mar 2016 3:24 pm

Addadude wrote:I don't know why we are talking and laughing about SPGs when SMS is probably languishing in prison as we speak! Free SMS! Free SMS!
Sorry guys, but court has been adjourned to 1 April (and no, it's no joke!) But, it's not me. It's my son who was the bad boy. :(
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Fri, 04 Mar 2016 3:31 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Addadude wrote:I don't know why we are talking and laughing about SPGs when SMS is probably languishing in prison as we speak! Free SMS! Free SMS!
Sorry guys, but court has been adjourned to 1 April (and no, it's no joke!) But, it's not me. It's my son who was the bad boy. :(
Thank God SMS is not gonna be locked :D

On a very unrelated note, local gossip went overload on this new ..

Talk about An Army star to an Army Warning.

Ah Boys to DB

SINGAPORE - Home-grown YouTube star and Ah Boys to Men actor Noah Yap was jailed for nine months in Singapore Armed Forces (SAF) detention barracks on Wednesday (March 2) for the consumption of cannabis.

Yap, 22, a full-time national serviceman holding the rank of Lance-Corporal, has been put behind bars in the army's equivalent of prison. Enlisted in May 2014, he was part of the SAF Music and Drama Company at the time of the offences.

Responding to media queries, the Defence Ministry confirmed that Yap was found guilty under Section 8(b)(ii) of the Misuse of Drugs Act.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Fri, 04 Mar 2016 3:40 pm

'Do it or do not do it: You will regret both' - Kierkegaard

amui
Chatter
Chatter

Post by amui » Fri, 04 Mar 2016 9:23 pm

OMG :shock:

I am gonna try to see if I can spot some of them tonight. Or 1, at least.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Fri, 17 Jun 2016 7:22 pm

tuongtrante1 wrote:Aside from yellow fever, I suppose there is no other label for male expats. :mad:
Why are you mad ? :D :mad:

AMDK comes to mind ;)

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Fri, 17 Jun 2016 7:30 pm

He's mad because he's a spammer and is likely to very soon get vapourised...
'Do it or do not do it: You will regret both' - Kierkegaard

x9200

Post by x9200 » Fri, 17 Jun 2016 7:37 pm

Done.