Singapore Expats

Questions regarding application for PR

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
Chris@SG

Post by Chris@SG » Thu, 16 Jun 2016 3:01 pm

Dear all,

After 2 year of staying and getting to love Singapore, I'm intending to apply for a PR. I'm currently in the process of collecting all the documents, and I'm nearly there (since they need testimonials from previous employers and tax statements, I'm still waiting for post from overseas).

I think I know what to do, but I still have some minor questions, and I want to avoid ruining or delaying my application by stupid mistakes:

(1) Since my certificates are not in English are not in English, I need translations. I'm already in contact with an translator who is acknowledged by my Embassy to get my birth certificate done. For all other certificates I already have signed and certified translations, just not from the local Embassy here. That should be OK, right?

(2) How does the e-Appointment work? Do I simply get a time slot or can I specify one, and what is usually the waiting time? I will be gone almost the whole July, and now I'm wondering when I should make an appointment. I obviously want to avoid getting a slot in July.

(3) The list of required documents states "Valid travel documents of all applicants. Photocopies of passport pages showing their personal particulars, official descriptions and Singapore immigration endorsements are required." What exactly does the last part mean. The stamp in the passport?

(4) Are the any common mistakes or traps I should be careful to avoid? And are there any additional hints, tips, or suggestion to make the application process smoother and more likely to succeed?

Thanks in advance for all replies

dynamic.dante
Regular
Regular

Post by dynamic.dante » Thu, 16 Jun 2016 3:19 pm

I can only answer for #2.
You pick you appointment date, then go there, submit documents, and wait for results.

Bad news is, there are no available slots till year 2017..... Soooooo, yeah don't worry too much about July, worry whether you'll get a slot early enough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris@SG

Re: Questions regarding application for PR

Post by Chris@SG » Thu, 16 Jun 2016 3:51 pm

Whoa...that's a bummer indeed. Thanks a lot for your reply, though!