Singapore Expats

Singapore Citizenship application rejected

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
bluetopinkorblue

Re: Singapore Citizenship application rejected

Post by bluetopinkorblue » Tue, 14 Jun 2016 10:47 am

thanks

Race: Indian
kid: ltvp
PR ~ 14 years (both of us graduates from local uni via Moe scholarship)

angel0205

Post by angel0205 » Tue, 14 Jun 2016 11:53 am

Any letter to prove that the kid is Singaporean?

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 14 Jun 2016 1:17 pm

angel0205

Why would he have a letter to prove that the kid is Singaporean? He isn't. If he wasn't born to a Singapore Citizen he cannot be a citizen. D'oh, try reading the thread rather than making yourself look silly.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Manohar_Reddy

Post by Manohar_Reddy » Tue, 14 Jun 2016 11:57 pm

bluetopinkorblue wrote:thanks

Thanks for the information. Long time lurker here. I think your profile has given me some idea regarding the profile needed for PRs of Indian origin to get citizenship. In the last few months I think you were the only people of Indian origin to get citizenship on this forum.

x9200

Post by x9200 » Wed, 15 Jun 2016 7:23 am

Manohar_Reddy wrote:

Thanks for the information. Long time lurker here. I think your profile has given me some idea regarding the profile needed for PRs of Indian origin to get citizenship. In the last few months I think you were the only people of Indian origin to get citizenship on this forum.
His above "profile" is probably a fraction of a large set of data that was examined and found favorable for the outcome. It only means that Indians, working in banking, with a kid on ltvp and PR for 14y can get it, but it doesn't every Indian with such characteristics will get it. Actually the above "profile" is as per this forum anecdotal evidence unfavorable, so likely he has some other, stronger attributes that outweighed the potential negative points. In other words, this information for you is completely useless beyond the underlined part.

Manohar_Reddy

Post by Manohar_Reddy » Wed, 15 Jun 2016 1:15 pm

x9200 wrote:
Manohar_Reddy wrote:

His above "profile" is probably a fraction of a large set of data that was examined and found favorable for the outcome. It only means that Indians, working in banking, with a kid on ltvp and PR for 14y can get it, but it doesn't every Indian with such characteristics will get it. Actually the above "profile" is as per this forum anecdotal evidence unfavorable, so likely he has some other, stronger attributes that outweighed the potential negative points. In other words, this information for you is completely useless beyond the underlined part.
Thanks for your reply. I have carefully examined the profiles of several Indian origin PRs on this forum who applied for citizenship. While it may not be accurate or exhaustive, I do see a pattern. Very very few Indian PRs seem to be able to get citizenship at present. It looks to me that people who came to Singapore at a relatively younger age, did Undergrad in Singapore and have been PRs for more than 10 years seem to be the preferred choice for citizenship. People who came to Singapore at a later stage in life, even if they are doing well financially, don't seem to have much of a chance, even if they have been PRs for 10 years or more.

I am only referring to the case of PRs of Indian origin. I am also not referring to the cases of Dependents.

x9200

Post by x9200 » Wed, 15 Jun 2016 1:39 pm

I think your observations are correct and it makes a perfect sense. SG gov wants to have the citizens well integrated with the society and that best works if the assimilation starts at younger age. Thye unlikely want status hunters, and unfortunately Indians are pretty infamous for collecting passports or residency permits and jumping away if a new opportunity shows up the horizon. Those who genuinely want to settle down here for good are the victims of this, I am afraid, majority. If one stays long enough maintaining the PR status, I guess this indicates the good intention to stay in SG permanently. But then there are still dozens of other factors that can influence the judgment, the industry for example. One thing is sure, Indians have it harder.

Manohar_Reddy

Post by Manohar_Reddy » Sun, 26 Jun 2016 4:44 pm

Hello, an update.
Indian origin PRs- both undergrad from Singapore. PRs since 2009 and in Singapore since 2004.
One in IT in banking and other in consulting.
Applied online in April, 2015. Appointment with ICA in November, 2015. In principle approval given in June, 2016.

My thanks to sms and others for their valuable contributions.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 26 Jun 2016 6:02 pm

Congratulations. Now get back to work! :mrgreen: Seriously, congratulations to both of you. :-D
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Dukunberanak

Post by Dukunberanak » Sun, 03 Jul 2016 4:16 pm

Manohar_Reddy wrote:Hello, an update.
Indian origin PRs- both undergrad from Singapore. PRs since 2009 and in Singapore since 2004.
One in IT in banking and other in consulting.
Applied online in April, 2015. Appointment with ICA in November, 2015. In principle approval given in June, 2016.

My thanks to sms and others for their valuable contributions.
Indonesian chinese 32 male single
Singapore since 2010.
Apply pr first time august 2012 - rejected in october 2012.
Second attempt apply pr april 2013 - approved in june 2013.
Apply citizen online july 2015, ica appointment on 26 december, submit additional document on 29 december.

I am seeking your pray and support. Based on above reply I suspect my citizhensip application result will come within 1-2 months time. Previously i also asked other ex indonesian citizen. They said they receive outcome after 6 months.

Wish me luck guys.

jamie9vardy
Chatter
Chatter

Post by jamie9vardy » Sun, 03 Jul 2016 10:44 pm

Single means applied without wife and/or daughter?
Dukunberanak wrote:Hi All,

Please help me..
My daughter PR just been approved.
I want her to study here in local school. Curently she is studying in Indonesia (primary school)..
Anyone having same past experience? Any procedures or link references for me to follow?
As suggested by MOE to contact the school directly or get the help from MOE to find the school , last week i called few schools in SG to ask the procedures and ask if there is empty slot. But all of them said their school is full.

Dukunberanak

Post by Dukunberanak » Sun, 03 Jul 2016 11:28 pm

That one i posted on behalf of my friend Vardy.. sorry for confusion. This time is my real profile.

DerronTee

Post by DerronTee » Fri, 09 Sep 2016 4:24 pm

OMG, 250K also rejected?

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: Singapore Citizenship application rejected

Post by ecureilx » Fri, 09 Sep 2016 4:30 pm

DerronTee wrote:OMG, 250K also rejected?
You thought salary is a main decider ?