Singapore Expats

PR Application - Chances/Odds

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: PR Application - Chances/Odds

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 01 Jun 2016 9:20 pm

andrew0209 wrote:LOL... Because applying together with my gf. She working 3 years plus... Seem like this time my fail rate kinda high huh... LOL :shock: :shock: :shock:
GF is not same as WIFE. So marry and apply together, so you can skip the 3 year waiting ;)

andrew0209

Post by andrew0209 » Wed, 01 Jun 2016 10:08 pm

ecureilx wrote:
andrew0209 wrote:LOL... Because applying together with my gf. She working 3 years plus... Seem like this time my fail rate kinda high huh... LOL :shock: :shock: :shock:
GF is not same as WIFE. So marry and apply together, so you can skip the 3 year waiting ;)
ikr... Haha but still need to save more if married... :( #-o

Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Post by Barnsley » Wed, 01 Jun 2016 10:24 pm

andrew0209 wrote:
LOL... Because applying together with my gf. She working 3 years plus... Seem like this time my fail rate kinda high huh... LOL :shock: :shock: :shock:
If you get rejected this time , like I said , you are almost guaranteed to get PR in the future once you complete 3 yrs tax returns.

So just relax , if you get it this time OK , if you don't, just follow what they say in the letter they send
Life is short, paddle harder!!

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 01 Jun 2016 10:33 pm

andrew0209 wrote:
ecureilx wrote:
ikr... Haha but still need to save more if married... :( #-o
Oh man ... You miss the point.

If you are married, your chances will increase, and if you wait to marry, well, anyway, I am sure you didn't the mathematics.

frekedech

Post by frekedech » Sat, 04 Jun 2016 10:22 pm

Congrats to everyone who has PR application approved!

It's been years since I was here to find out possible reasons why my Work Pass application rejected twice. 2016 and here I am, holding PR for more than 2 years already.

I hope my story could encourage those who are still waiting for the PR approval.

So, I've stayed in Singapore for almost 10 years now, started from studying at private school for O level and continued to local Polytechnic till the graduation at 2011 with 3-year work bond to be completed.

Despite the difficulty of getting my Work Pass, eventually I landed a job in late 2011 with $1.7K/mth salary and holding EP (Yes, Employment Pass. You heard it right :D ).

Fast forward 2013, I've prepared to leave Singapore if my Work Pass didn't get renewed and never even considered to apply for PR due to the tightening rules plus my ordinary education and salary level. But a long-lost friend called, cheerfully said that he just got his PR approved (We're both Indonesian Chinese, about the same age, salary and education level). What struck me was what he said next "Just go ahead and give it a try, you've got nothing to lose. If it is rejected, continue with your plan. Otherwise, you'll have more options!".

Hearing that, I immediately went online to book an ICA appointment. That was Feb 2013 and got the slot on June 2013, all went well. Here's my profile back then:

Nationality: Indonesian (Chinese)
Salary: $1.8k/month
Education: Diploma in Electronics Engineering
Job: Associate Engineer
Length of stay in Singapore: 7 years
Property: Rental

August 2013, my EP expired and renewed as S-Pass (I guess ICA corrected the mistake :-k ) and at that time I was assigned to help my company's Indonesian branch for a certain project. So, I've got two disadvantages here, 'lower' Work Pass and being overseas while my PR application was reviewed.

Although I'm not so optimistic about the approval, the possibility to work in Industries I always wanted to (like Sales, Banking, Finance, property etc), really made me anxious to the point where I always checked the status 3x a day.

5th November 2013, applications status still "Pending" and I was preparing for a short trip back to Singapore the next day, mainly for meeting with bosses and DnD event. I'll spend my time in Singapore till end of the week.

Surprisingly, my PR was approved on 6th November which is the very day I arrived in Singapore. Till today, I'm still wondering whether it was approved earlier and only triggered when immigration scanned my passport or just coincidence. :D

Since then, I've changed my job, doing what I always wanted to and get more than 2x my starting salary in 2011. I'm sure with PR, everyone of us can contribute to economy or at least pursue our dream.

Keep the faith on!

Cheers.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 05 Jun 2016 2:11 pm

Nice. Congratulations and thank you for the update. It's nice to see a "normal" person and not a high-flyer get their shot at the brass ring in this jousting contest called Singapore. It just goes to show what we've been saying all along, there is a lot taken into consideration that we are not aware of and MBAs, PhDs and 300K/pm salaries are not necessarily what the country is looking for. Appreciate you getting back to us with the good news. Again, Congrats.

sms
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

dynoto
Regular
Regular

Post by dynoto » Tue, 07 Jun 2016 5:16 pm

Hi guys just wanna check for those whose PR application still pending, did the application ID appears under the Remarks recently?
Its the PRS-2015-PRE-xxxxxx thingy ...
Mine never shown up the entire time since i applied and yesterday it suddenly appeared, which i'm kinda wondered whether this is a sign that outcome is going to be posted out soon?
Have been waiting for almost a year ... 3 weeks towards the anniversary of my PR application

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 07 Jun 2016 5:36 pm

It's the almost waiting a year sign.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 07 Jun 2016 5:37 pm

dynoto wrote:Hi guys just wanna check for those whose PR application still pending, did the application ID appears under the Remarks recently?
Mine never shown up the entire time since i applied and yesterday it suddenly appeared, which i'm kinda wondered whether this is a sign that outcome is going to be posted out soon?
Have been waiting for almost a year ... 3 weeks towards the anniversary of my PR application
that means they finally got around to your application, so it's not good or bad.

Just wait and wait for the letter.

dynoto
Regular
Regular

Post by dynoto » Tue, 07 Jun 2016 6:19 pm

ecureilx wrote:
dynoto wrote:Hi guys just wanna check for those whose PR application still pending, did the application ID appears under the Remarks recently?
that means they finally got around to your application, so it's not good or bad.

Just wait and wait for the letter.
sundaymorningstaple wrote:It's the almost waiting a year sign.
gasp ...
welp ... guess who is at the bottom of the barrel :shock:

thank you very much for the insight seniors :)

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 07 Jun 2016 7:44 pm

The only thing that counts for anything is the "Approved" sign. Anything else means nothing at all. You all are like little children clutching at straws. If it's going to happen, it's going to happen. If I tell you it's the harbinger of rejection, what are you going to do? If I tell you it's a sure win, what are you going to do? Nothing in either case until you see the approved sign so you all ought to just quit the frothing at the mouth and just make sure you Plan B is all sorted just in case.

dynoto
Regular
Regular

Post by dynoto » Tue, 07 Jun 2016 8:00 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:The only thing that counts for anything is the "Approved" sign. Anything else means nothing at all. You all are like little children clutching at straws. If it's going to happen, it's going to happen. If I tell you it's the harbinger of rejection, what are you going to do? If I tell you it's a sure win, what are you going to do? Nothing in either case until you see the approved sign so you all ought to just quit the frothing at the mouth and just make sure you Plan B is all sorted just in case.
well at this point i'm just hoping for any signs of outcome, if it is good or bad let it be ... but i suppose all of us have plans post PR application result waiting to be executed :-k

Siv
Regular
Regular

Post by Siv » Wed, 15 Jun 2016 11:58 am

Just thought I'd post this little update, if it helps anyone. (although I wonder WHY it would haha)

Met a long lost friend, who like me, works in SG and lives across the border in JB. He ONLY works in Singapore, no car, no property, nothing. Never lived in Singapore. Ever. Been a PR since 2008 !

Well, that's not the shocking part. What stunned me was he applied PR for his housewife and 2 children, a boy and a girl, early this year and......they actually got it !! They ALL live in JB. Dude takes a bus daily to and from work and he's been doing that forever.

He's about 35 years old, works in Finance for an MNC and is Malaysian Indian.

Because we're close I jokingly (well, sort of anyway) told him off that it's ridiculous to apply for PR when you don't RESIDE in the country which was Permanent RESIDENCE is all about....

So there you go....

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 15 Jun 2016 12:14 pm

Probably has a relative's local address as well.

Siv
Regular
Regular

Post by Siv » Wed, 15 Jun 2016 12:18 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Probably has a relative's local address as well.
Ahhh....yes, that. I'll ask him the details when we meet this weekend :D

But there has been the one or two that have applied in here using their work address, no ?