Singapore Expats

Need help: how to settle VISA for 2nd baby

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
steedguo

Need help: how to settle VISA for 2nd baby

Post by steedguo » Wed, 01 Jun 2016 12:42 am

Hi guys, looking for help.. Me and my wife are EP holders and we have a child holding DP with us. we've submitted application for PR in Dec2015 and in Mar2016 we went back to China for the delivery of our 2nd baby, based on the consideration of being taken care of by family members(our job in Singapore still remains as our company also have branch office in China).
And now we have 2 good news in this May: we've received the IPA letter for PR, and we had our little baby girl born. Here comes the question: How should I settle VISA for my 2nd baby now?

Option 1: apply DP for her and attached with my EP - This was my original choice considering PR status still in process or rejected. But is this option still valid since I've got the IPA letter?

Option 2: we went back to SG with older child first, complete PR formality and then apply for LTSVP for the 2nd baby - We couldn't choose this because the 2nd baby is now rely on breast feeding and can not leave her mum.

Option 3: find a SC/PR friend to apply short term social visit pass for my 2nd baby, so she could enter SG together with us, when complete PR formality and then apply for LTSVP for her - I'm not sure if the application for visit pass would be successful and if there's enough time for us to complete the application for LTSVP...

Which option looks better and easier? Or is there any other options? Thanks a lot...

btw, not sure whether our 2nd baby should use LTSVP to stay in Singapore, or we could apply another PR for her?

BBCWatcher
Editor
Editor

Re: Need help: how to settle VISA for 2nd baby

Post by BBCWatcher » Wed, 01 Jun 2016 8:35 am

First of all, you can ask ICA for their advice. In particular, ask if you can add your new baby to the PR application (and approval).

However, commenting on the options you presented, Option 1 should work. With your new baby's DP approval (and passport) in hand you then move back to Singapore as a family unit and complete PR formalities. (Caution: You have a deadline to complete PR formalities in Singapore.) If ICA doesn't grant your new baby PR at the same time then you (as a PR) simply apply for a LTVP for the baby.

Congratulations.

steedguo

Re: Need help: how to settle VISA for 2nd baby

Post by steedguo » Thu, 02 Jun 2016 8:53 am

BBCWatcher wrote:First of all, you can ask ICA for their advice. In particular, ask if you can add your new baby to the PR application (and approval).

However, commenting on the options you presented, Option 1 should work. With your new baby's DP approval (and passport) in hand you then move back to Singapore as a family unit and complete PR formalities. (Caution: You have a deadline to complete PR formalities in Singapore.) If ICA doesn't grant your new baby PR at the same time then you (as a PR) simply apply for a LTVP for the baby.

Congratulations.
Thanks for the advice! I'll try to email to ICA.