Singapore Expats

PR application - ICA's off-list documents can submit?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Santo

PR application - ICA's off-list documents can submit?

Post by Santo » Tue, 31 May 2016 4:42 pm

Hi friends,

May you help me clarify this. As per guidance from ICA website, they do NOT mention the documents like donation certificates, property ownership in the list of documents to submit.

However, as i see from some immigation agent website, they said those documents can be submitted. Even can prepare a personal cover letter.

But my friend told me that recently her friend submitted her condo ownership documents, then the ICA officer refused to take in as it was irrelevant.

I'm very confused now. How about your experience? Any off list documents?

dynoto
Regular
Regular

Re: PR application - ICA's off-list documents can submit?

Post by dynoto » Tue, 31 May 2016 4:45 pm

just prepare everything. no harm trying.
who knows certain documents might give you some plus points in the application.

Santo

Post by Santo » Tue, 31 May 2016 4:55 pm

dynoto wrote:just prepare everything. no harm trying.
who knows certain documents might give you some plus points in the application.
Hi Dynoto,

Thanks for your response. I want to know coz it will affect the way I prepare the letters. If they don't accept personal cover letter i will need to include some good characteristics in the recommendation letters from my bosses. I also have quite a number of blood donation certs since i was in my home country (in Singapore as well but fewer). I need to get them translated. Will cost quite much :-k :-k

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: PR application - ICA's off-list documents can submit?

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 31 May 2016 6:20 pm

Santo wrote: But my friend told me that recently her friend submitted her condo ownership documents, then the ICA officer refused to take in as it was irrelevant. ?
Why would ICA want to know about your condo ?

Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Re: RE: PR application - ICA's off-list documents can submit?

Post by Barnsley » Tue, 31 May 2016 6:35 pm

ecureilx wrote:
Santo wrote: But my friend told me that recently her friend submitted her condo ownership documents, then the ICA officer refused to take in as it was irrelevant. ?
Need address for when they hand deliver approval?
Life is short, paddle harder!!

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Tue, 31 May 2016 8:17 pm

Assuming the condo is in SG then the whole of government/agencies already know that, so no virtue in providing evidence IMPO.
Blood donations. It's of questionable value, and risks you looking a bit desperate trying to gain credit that way. Anyway they probably already know this record too.
The general advice given is roughly - provide what is asked for, and nothing more unless maybe it is something really exceptional that the form doesn't already ask for. // That kind of thinking.
'Do it or do not do it: You will regret both' - Kierkegaard

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 31 May 2016 10:16 pm

JR8 wrote:Blood donations. It's of questionable value, and risks you looking a bit desperate trying to gain credit that way. Anyway they probably already know this record too.
The general advice given is roughly - provide what is asked for, and nothing more unless maybe it is something really exceptional that the form doesn't already ask for. // That kind of thinking.
Donation etc was given a bit of consideration when there werent' many applicants and Singapore had a lose immigration policy.

Of late, all of that gets thrown out, including awards etc, as, it has been quoted here too, too many folks use those to build non existent points.

From what I know and seen, none of those 'extra point's work, unless it was an award for something exceptional.
Barnsley wrote:
ecureilx wrote:
Need address for when they hand deliver approval?
Mmm, makes sense to submit documents showing ownership, for address ;) ;)

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 31 May 2016 10:18 pm

Santo wrote: Thanks for your response. I want to know coz it will affect the way I prepare the letters. If they don't accept personal cover letter i will need to include some good characteristics in the recommendation letters from my bosses. I also have quite a number of blood donation certs since i was in my home country (in Singapore as well but fewer). I need to get them translated. Will cost quite much :-k :-k
99.9999% of the times, those certificates will be returned to you, and the officer will go "if needed we will ask" -> don't need

And showing your hard work in your country - well, that got me interested. Why will Singapore need to know what you been doing in your country ? Just for argument sake ..

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 31 May 2016 10:53 pm

[quote="Santo"]Hi friends,

May you help me clarify this. As per guidance from ICA website, they do NOT mention the documents like donation certificates, property ownership in the list of documents to submit.

However, as i see from some immigation agent website, they said those documents can be submitted. Even can prepare a personal cover letter.

But my friend told me that recently her friend submitted her condo ownership documents, then the ICA officer refused to take in as it was irrelevant.

I'm very confused now. How about your experience? Any off list documents? quote]

It's called "The Immigration agent needs some reason to gouge you for the money to fill out a form that any N level holder can fill out." It's really that simple. You write in what they ask for, and give them any documents they ask for. (nothing more, nothing less) If they want more later, they will ask for it. But you dump a bunch of garbage on their desk they just think "well, If he cannot dazzle us with brilliance, he's going to try to baffle us with useless BS". An that probably put the application on the bottom of the stack for the day as they don't want to have to do housekeeping unless they have the time. We've all given you 20 to 30 years of advice here, disregard it at your own peril and purse/wallet. :-k ](*,) #-o
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 31 May 2016 11:43 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:But you dump a bunch of garbage on their desk they just think "well, If he cannot dazzle us with brilliance, he's going to try to baffle us with useless BS". An that probably put the application on the bottom of the stack for the day as they don't want to have to do housekeeping unless they have the time. We've all given you 20 to 30 years of advice here, disregard it at your own peril and purse/wallet. :-k ](*,) #-o
+1 The more the number of documents, doesn't mean the higher the chance of success :D

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Wed, 01 Jun 2016 1:19 am

Santo wrote:Thanks for your response. I want to know coz it will affect the way I prepare the letters. If they don't accept personal cover letter i will need to include some good characteristics in the recommendation letters from my bosses. I also have quite a number of blood donation certs since i was in my home country (in Singapore as well but fewer). I need to get them translated. Will cost quite much :-k :-k
It's a waste of time. Who knows how much you paid your bosses to write nice letters? None of it has any bearing on whether you get PR or not.

Here's some things that might be good for your PR application.
  • You've got a whole bunch of money in the bank and you want to put some in Singapore.
  • You are the owner of intellectual property and a Singapore company is interested.
  • You have money and a successful track record in running a business and you are going to open one in Singapore.
  • You are a renowned researcher in a discipline that Singapore wants

Santo

Post by Santo » Wed, 01 Jun 2016 10:59 pm

Sorry i can't reply each response. Thank you so much for your help.
Some people asked why I desperately need to gain some credit by blood donations, or use blood donation certs when I was in my home country. Becoz I saw from some agent websites advising submission of this, that's why I want to clarify with you guys. I started donating blood 10 years ago just becoz i think it's a right thing to do. Nothing to do with PR application or so :)) i also want to prove it so i want to put those i got from my home country.
Once again thank you.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 01 Jun 2016 11:34 pm

Put it in. You will anyway. So we may as well tell you to do it. Won't make a bit of difference as they've see 20K people from the subcontinent do the same until they get their PR/Citizenship, whatever. ICA is wise to that as it's been so abused for the past 8 years or so, that today it may well cause negative points. (we don't know if it does or not) but we do know that all the donations of blood, sweat, & money doesn't do any good any more. If it did, you would see tick boxes or fields for extra curricular brownie points to be listed. After all, tick boxes would be a lot easier for them than them trying to read the fractured English that is usually on the applications.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 01 Jun 2016 11:39 pm

Santo wrote: Becoz I saw from some agent websites advising submission of this, that's why I want to clarify with you guys.
The agent websites ask for all kinds of documents and take your money and in return, will never guarantee 100% success. Now if an agent can say you are 100% guaranteed, let me know, I would like to meet that agent. They are just doing their job, selling the Singapore PR dream, making money in the process.

And again, how would your donating blood in Alaska matter to Singapore ? or having rescued a wild elephant in Zimbabwe even be seen as great for Singapore to give you preference ?

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 01 Jun 2016 11:40 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:..but we do know that all the donations of blood, sweat, & money doesn't do any good any more.
PS. donations in another country ??? :D Which need to be translated .. maybe that carries a bit of weight ;)