Singapore Expats

Seeking advice on seoul travel

Discuss travel and holidays tips and advice here.
janvierlau

Seeking advice on seoul travel

Post by janvierlau » Sun, 29 May 2016 2:43 am

Hi, im planning ng my trip to seoul. Any recomedations on attractions n gd restaurants?

Thx for your help :)

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Seeking advice on seoul travel

Post by JR8 » Sun, 29 May 2016 4:57 pm

Fascinating place IME, and a good side-trip from SG. Maybe better for people considering it to avoid winter, as I recall it gets pretty bitterly cold.
TripAdvisor is good for these kind of broad questions, esp where your own specific tastes and budget are unknown.
Here's their member rated restaurant suggestions for Seoul. The nice thing is the rankings can then be filtered by budget, cuisine, neighbourhood, and so on. The number of 'Certificates of Excellence' awarded from just the first page of hits bodes veery well indeed!
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurants ... Seoul.html

From that page it's just a click away to 'Things to do', and similar member ratings.
I like and use TA a lot. Even to find suggestions for things to do in my current city, and I always use it if I'm visiting somewhere new to me. They have a *very* strict policy of fake up-ranking, so I trust their listings. Also you can read the individual member reviews for lots of detail, which dishes they suggest are must-haves etc, and also see a mini-bio of that reviewer, so you get a feel for that reviewer age/demographic/likely budget, and so on. IME it's one of the more useful free and unbiased review sites out there.
[Note: I have been a member for several years, and have submitted many reviews from around the world. Membership is free, the trusted exchange of reviews is what it's all about. The only thing thing I've got from them beyond insight, was a TA logo'd luggage tag. That was after something like my first 50 reviews. It can be fun to have in view on a suitcase or daypack when entering a restaurant or hotel - i.e. most such places know that logo, and that a person with one is likely well travelled and perhaps approaches things with a 'reviewers mindset'.
'Do it or do not do it: You will regret both' - Kierkegaard

kathylien

Post by kathylien » Wed, 22 Jun 2016 3:06 pm

Hi.. i miss Seoul. Having to visit this beautiful city a couple of times I would highly recommend places like Myeondong, Cheonggyecheon and Bukchon Village. Lodging can get pretty expansive however there are plenty of guesthouses in Seoul. You can try http://www.myeongdong-guesthouse.com/

Roselynda

Post by Roselynda » Wed, 24 Aug 2016 7:21 pm

Hi janvierlau, Seoul is nice place to visit.spring and fall are the best times to visit Korea.

Things Not to Miss in Seoul :
• Eating galbi, cooked on a table grill
• Visiting Guinsa, the most popular temple in Seoul
• Admiring the scenery at Sorak National Park
• Marveling at the shrines at Jongmyo
• Visiting ancient palaces turned museums, such as Gyeongbok-gung and Changdeok-gung
And for Seoul,i found cheap air tickets at iEagle for round trip from singapore to Seoul at cheap cost.
hope you try all these & enjoy your seoul trip.