Singapore Expats

moving to singapore to work at universal studios

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
hull182

moving to singapore to work at universal studios

Post by hull182 » Fri, 27 May 2016 4:03 pm

Hi,
Im looking for some advice on behalf of my brother. He has been offered a contract at universal studios and therefore needs to find somewhere to rent for a year.

He found a small appartment, but it was very cheap and just sounded to good to be true.

His wages will be $3500 singapore dollars a month, realistically is he best renting a room or an appt? and where is the best place?

kelvinlamgroup

Re: RE: moving to singapore to work at universal studios

Post by kelvinlamgroup » Sat, 28 May 2016 2:57 am

hull182 wrote:Hi,
Im looking for some advice on behalf of my brother. He has been offered a contract at universal studios and therefore needs to find somewhere to rent for a year.

He found a small appartment, but it was very cheap and just sounded to good to be true.

His wages will be $3500 singapore dollars a month, realistically is he best renting a room or an appt? and where is the best place?
basically with such salary it's rent a room. an private apt is going cost him at least 2k-3k for a small unit. and renting a gov flat also going cost at least low $2k. or maybe he could consider sharing a small apt with one colleague

Sent from my SM-A800I using Tapatalk

x9200

Re: moving to singapore to work at universal studios

Post by x9200 » Sat, 28 May 2016 8:16 am

@kelvinlamgroup, we don't allow any advertising, unauthorised posts, especially from RE agents, on this forum. You already had one such post on your account and now you also double posted your message (both removed). From this point on, any more obvious attempt to get you clients through this forum will result in your account being locked.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 28 May 2016 9:25 am

Feeling pretty magnanimous this morning, are you, x92? He wouldn't have been so lucky had it been me. ;-)
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

x9200

Post by x9200 » Sat, 28 May 2016 9:37 am

I normally give THEM a chance if it's not too obvious. See, his first message was to PM him, this one is a few levels higher in the intellectual efforts relying on passive manipulation.

BTW the last part, OP, if kelvinlamgroup tries to contact you directly, please let us know so we can help further in his strive for intellectual improvement.

And regarding you questions, rooms SGD300-1000 (of course, there are more expensive too); apartments, typically above 1500. The price greatly varies with the location.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 28 May 2016 12:20 pm

:lol:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

kelvinlamgroup

Post by kelvinlamgroup » Sat, 28 May 2016 12:46 pm

pardon me I m not agent. just happen I saw the poSt and I seriously happen to hv my own investment unit for rent. I m frankly not aware consider that an obvious marketing. I just happen to ask it's a pure misunderstanding. m not totting . ok noted. goodness

x9200

Post by x9200 » Sat, 28 May 2016 2:41 pm

Whether you are an RE agent to earn your living or your own unit agent changes nothing. Please do not try to use this forum as a platform to get you some tenants. That's still an advertising.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: moving to singapore to work at universal studios

Post by ecureilx » Sat, 28 May 2016 7:56 pm

kelvinlamgroup wrote:I just happen to ask it's a pure misunderstanding. m not totting .
You meant Touting ?

kelvinlamgroup

Post by kelvinlamgroup » Sat, 28 May 2016 7:58 pm

lol ! rightthe keypad typo