Singapore Expats

New EP application formalities for an existing EP holder

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
roshans416

New EP application formalities for an existing EP holder

Post by roshans416 » Wed, 25 May 2016 11:46 am

Hi,
I am currently working in Singapore and an EP holder. I have accepted an offer from another employer in Singapore. My new employer mentioned that they have applied for my new EP and waiting for the approval. But, I have not received/signed the EP application form from my new employer. As far as I know, the candidate should fill the EP application form and sign it before submitting the application in "EP Online" .

I wonder how the new employer can apply for my EP without myself filling and signing the EP application form. Is it not necessary for someone who already have an EP? I am confused here. Please share your thoughts.
Regards,
Roshan

vjtvjt

Re: New EP application formalities for an existing EP holder

Post by vjtvjt » Wed, 25 May 2016 9:12 pm

You don't need to fill up or sign anything as 1) you already have a record with MOM (you have FIN already) and 2) the HR of the new company you are about to join applied for your EP online, which I think is the case now.

To be sure, you can check on EP online site of MOM if the employer really did apply for your pass and check its status from there.