Singapore Expats

LOC - qualification attained

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Angelus

LOC - qualification attained

Post by Angelus » Mon, 16 May 2016 9:47 pm

I have a question regarding the LOC. Because I wonder if the qualification filled out by my employer is a 100% accurate, I would like to know what options the employer can choose from for the employees 'highest qualification attained' when he applies for an LOC online with MOM. I don't have access to this part as I'm not an employer. I'd appreciate the help very much.
Last edited by Angelus on Mon, 16 May 2016 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: LOC - qualification attained

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 16 May 2016 11:37 pm

I'm wondering how you got approved as well, because I didn't understand a word you wrote.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Angelus

Post by Angelus » Mon, 16 May 2016 11:51 pm

Right, I'm sorry if I've been unclear. Basically, I would like to know what options the employer can choose from for the employees 'highest qualification attained' when he applies for an LOC online with MOM.

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Mon, 16 May 2016 11:54 pm

Angelus wrote:Right, I'm sorry if I've been unclear. Basically, I would like to know what options the employer can choose from for the employees 'highest qualification attained' when he applies for an LOC online with MOM.
The employer chooses the one that most closely matches the highest qualification you have actually attained.

Angelus

Post by Angelus » Mon, 16 May 2016 11:58 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:
Angelus wrote:Right, I'm sorry if I've been unclear. Basically, I would like to know what options the employer can choose from for the employees 'highest qualification attained' when he applies for an LOC online with MOM.
The employer chooses the one that most closely matches the highest qualification you have actually attained.
Thank you for your reply. Do you happen to know exactly what those options are?

Strong Eagle

Post by Strong Eagle » Tue, 17 May 2016 1:58 am

Angelus wrote:
Strong Eagle wrote:
What difference does it make? There are no "options". One types in the highest level attained. O-levels. A-levels. A diploma. Some Uni. Graduation with bachelor's degree, BS or BA. Graduate degree?

Or, certified technical training. Microsoft. Cisco. SAP. Type in the type of training and the certificate obtained.

Then MoM will decided if they are relevant and they will check them out to see if you actually possess what you say you do. If you are trying to "pretend" that your level is something other than it is, you might get away with it for a while, or you might be shot down immediately.

Angelus

Post by Angelus » Tue, 17 May 2016 9:53 am

Strong Eagle wrote:
Angelus wrote:
Strong Eagle wrote:
What difference does it make? There are no "options". One types in the highest level attained. O-levels. A-levels. A diploma. Some Uni. Graduation with bachelor's degree, BS or BA. Graduate degree?

Or, certified technical training. Microsoft. Cisco. SAP. Type in the type of training and the certificate obtained.

Then MoM will decided if they are relevant and they will check them out to see if you actually possess what you say you do. If you are trying to "pretend" that your level is something other than it is, you might get away with it for a while, or you might be shot down immediately.
I'm not trying to pretend anything. I'm trying to do the right thing, that's why I'm asking here. If the employer fills out high school diploma, and MOM approves it, it may not be wrong but O-levels or A-levels, for instance, would be more accurate. I'm just checking if that matters or not. Because of the LOC, the government has all records on file anyway from the dependant's pass.

Strong Eagle

Post by Strong Eagle » Tue, 17 May 2016 10:42 am

Here's two things to consider. The definition of educational credentials differs all over the world. In the USA there are no such things as A-levels and O-levels... you graduate high school or you don't. MoM has seen credentials from all over the place... your employer should just put in exactly what you told them your credentials were.

Secondly, if they do have questions they will ask. If the employer put in high school and you are from a country where A and O is common, they will probably enquire.

My sense is that I wouldn't worry about it very much.

Angelus

Post by Angelus » Fri, 20 May 2016 2:29 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:Here's two things to consider. The definition of educational credentials differs all over the world. In the USA there are no such things as A-levels and O-levels... you graduate high school or you don't. MoM has seen credentials from all over the place... your employer should just put in exactly what you told them your credentials were.

Secondly, if they do have questions they will ask. If the employer put in high school and you are from a country where A and O is common, they will probably enquire.

My sense is that I wouldn't worry about it very much.
Thank you. How about 'degree' without specifying the type of degree (bachelor vs master)?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 20 May 2016 4:31 pm

If MOM want clarification they will ask for it. Give it a rest already.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers