Singapore Expats

Working as tele-sales

Discuss your views about Singapore business & economy, current policies & issues, starting a business in Singapore.
bla bla bla

Working as tele-sales

Post by bla bla bla » Tue, 17 May 2016 5:46 pm

Hi guys, I am new in here.

Just wondering.. what is the technique to do tele-sales or market a product through phones for Singaporean people?

I am from Indonesia and found it extremely difficult to ask them to join.

Any tips will be appreciated.. thanks in advance

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Re: Working as tele-sales

Post by the lynx » Wed, 18 May 2016 1:01 pm

Do away with tele-sales.

Not kidding. Telephony sales is an out of fashion. The attention span of listeners are much shorter than those days when it was popular. I'll straight away put down the phone. The only time I let that person "sell" over the phone is if that person is from the bank/insurance company I am currently using. Even that, I'll only give 1 minute - Not impressed? Sorry-thank-you-hang-up. My time is too precious to be wasting on people who don't understand what I really want as a customer.

The person doing this will suffer emotional drain going through this routine if they meet listeners like me. Try even grabbing someone from the street for their attention when you do roadside booth. No way.

You should be tapping into social media.

bla bla bla

Post by bla bla bla » Wed, 18 May 2016 4:39 pm

Thank you for your reply.

but what kind of social media do you think is the best way for it? something like online advertisements?

Thanks

Strong Eagle
Answers: 10

Post by Strong Eagle » Wed, 18 May 2016 10:09 pm

bla bla bla wrote:Thank you for your reply.

but what kind of social media do you think is the best way for it? something like online advertisements?

Thanks
Find a new line of work. And be careful of the kinds of posts you made in the Biz section... if it looks like a blatant attempt at advertising or solicitation... well... you wouldn't be the first person to be banned.