Singapore Expats

Entry rejected at Changi airport while holding a approved entry visa

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Entry rejected at Changi airport while holding a approved entry visa

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 17 May 2016 1:02 pm

No matter what kind of pass you have or IPA you have, ICA can reject entry into Singapore if they think they need to. Not too much you can do about it as Immigration officers are a law unto themselves (the world over).
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 17 May 2016 1:03 pm

ICA can refuse entry to anybody, regardless of what type of visa or IPA you might be carrying, if they think that they should. Immigration officers are a law unto themselves. (The world over).
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 17 May 2016 3:07 pm

No, not necessarily. However, they do have that power within their jurisdiction. It's a chance that she has to take. Or not. Only she can decide whether she wants to take that gamble.

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Tue, 17 May 2016 3:32 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:No, not necessarily. However, they do have that power within their jurisdiction. It's a chance that she has to take. Or not. Only she can decide whether she wants to take that gamble.
Someone deleted a post before yours?

Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Post by Barnsley » Tue, 17 May 2016 3:34 pm

the lynx wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:No, not necessarily. However, they do have that power within their jurisdiction. It's a chance that she has to take. Or not. Only she can decide whether she wants to take that gamble.
Someone deleted a post before yours?
talking to himself again? #-o
Life is short, paddle harder!!

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 18 May 2016 9:36 am

That's a good reason not to answer posters who send questions via PM while carrying on a thread on the subject as well. :-( I thought I answered the PM apparently while bouncing back and forth between the PM & the thread. :-(